FORUMS

[Q]Bluetooth dongle via OTG

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Belnadifia, Junior Member on 15th April 2013, 06:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I got a low cost tablet (MP MAN MP2000 (Model id : MP948 / Build ID : IML74K / Device : crane-MID9741-sc3052) running Android 4.0.3 (core : 3.0.8+)
This tablet don't have built-in Bluetooth, but I really want this feature.
I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle (Sitecom CN-523) which is natively compatible with Linux.

So I plug it on my tablet but unfortunately it's not working.

I installed "USB Host Diagnostics v1.3" and the result is :
Code:
ANDROID API
Claims support > Yes
Classes found > Yes
Device detected > Yes

ROOTED API
Claims support > Yes
Device detected > Yes

KERNEL
Claims support > Yes
Device detected > Yes

VERDICT
OS support > Yes
3rd party apps > Full
So it seem to be fully detected by my Android

I also saw many files and folder "Bluetooth" in /sys and /system (such "/system/etc/bluetooth", "/sys/module/bluetooth", etc...) I don't know if it's a hint (o.O )

I tried some apps to get acces to the Bluetooth settings screen (which is hidden of course), but the Settings "apps" crash.

Did you have any ideas about how to get it enable ? (maybe build.prop or another system files to edit ?)

Thank you for listening
(And sorry for my bad english ( ^_^ ) ... )
2nd May 2013, 10:09 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belnadifia

Hello,

I got a low cost tablet (MP MAN MP2000 (Model id : MP948 / Build ID : IML74K / Device : crane-MID9741-sc3052) running Android 4.0.3 (core : 3.0.8+)
I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle (Sitecom CN-523) which is natively compatible with Linux.

Code:
ANDROID API
Claims support > Yes
Classes found > Yes
Device detected > Yes

ROOTED API
Claims support > Yes
Device detected > Yes

KERNEL
Claims support > Yes
Device detected > Yes

VERDICT
OS support > Yes
3rd party apps > Full

I also saw many files and folder "Bluetooth" in /sys and /system (such "/system/etc/bluetooth", "/sys/module/bluetooth", etc...) I don't know if it's a hint (o.O )

I tried some apps to get acces to the Bluetooth settings screen (which is hidden of course), but the Settings "apps" crash.

Did you have any ideas about how to get it enable ? (maybe build.prop or another system files to edit ?)

Thank you for listening

m also on a similar quest..any luck??

Sent from my P275 using xda premium
10th June 2013, 11:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same question here. is it possible?
16th August 2013, 02:16 PM |#4  

More
I'm also trying to achieve this.
I was able to cross-compile my bluetooth chip's module (BCM203x) and insmod it, although I can reach the "hidden" menu option in settings through a bluetooth shortcut app, there's no way to turn the bluetooth services on.

Is this just not built into the Android Kernel in my image (meaning that I would have to find a similar tablet with bluetooth and reflash with that image), or is there any settings file that can trigger the "turn bluetooth on" in settings, like /etc/bluetooth ?
20th August 2013, 07:45 PM |#5  
Flag Calgary

More
OMG I have the same issue, has anybody figured anything out? I'm trying to get it to work on this http : // www . kingzer . com /product_view.asp?id=1214 , that way I can use my bluetooth snes controller with it and use it as an emulator on my T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belnadifia

Hello,

Code:
ANDROID API
Claims support > Yes
Classes found > Yes
Device detected > Yes

ROOTED API
Claims support > Yes
Device detected > Yes

KERNEL
Claims support > Yes
Device detected > Yes

VERDICT
OS support > Yes
3rd party apps > Full

Thank you for listening

22nd August 2013, 10:44 AM |#6  

More
I can get the bluetooth working in terminal, but the android user space GUI and thence every program is totally oblivious to its existence. I've copied over the files missing compared with tablets with integrated bluetooth (various hci tools, bluez, bluetoothd, some bt*.so libs, the .conf files...) to no avail. hw/bluetootha2dp would hang the system on boot, had to get in with adb and delete it. Also edited the permissions xml to include bluetooth, so now it show the option in the settings but still can't turn it on. I read somewhere that you don't need to hciattach and after setting bluetooth up with hciconfig and running scan it would let you turn it on in the settings. Not in my case, maybe I'm not linking it correctly with a /dev/ connection.
The bluetooth when connected and having the module properly loaded shows up in /sys/classes/bluetooth as hci0 but not in /dev/ as far as I can tell. I tried ln -s to /dev/hci0 didn't work, and to /dev/ttyS1 didn't let me link cuz it's already there, mknod /dev/ttyS1 c 216 didn't seem to work either.
Haven't tried enabling the startup script for bluetooth, my tablet has these commented out in init.sun4i.rc:

# -------- bluetooth related services ----------
#chmod 0666 /dev/ttyS1
#chmod 0777 /system/bin/hciattach

#change rfkill permissions for bluetooth power management
# chown system system /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
# chmod 0660 /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
# write /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state 0
# setprop rw.bluetooth.status "0"

# --- used for usi bm01a 3in1 module's bluetooth attach
#service hciattach /system/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm4329 1500000
# user root
# group bluetooth net_bt_admin
# disabled
# oneshot

# --- used for huawei mw269v2 3in1 module's bluetooth attach
#service hciattach /system/bin/brcm_patchram_plus --enable_hci \
# --baudrate 1500000 \
# --patchram /system/vendor/modules/bcm4330.hcd \
# --enable_lpm /dev/ttyS1
# user root
# disabled

# --- used for samsung swb-a31 2in1 module's bluetooth attach
#service bccmd /system/bin/bccmd -t bcsp -b 115200 -d /dev/ttyS1 psload -r /system/vendor/modules/ath6k/AR6003/A31_Script.psr
# user root
# disabled
# oneshot
#
#service hciattach /system/bin/hciattach -s 1500000 /dev/ttyS1 bcsp 1500000 flow
# user root
# disabled
# oneshot

#service abtfilt /system/bin/abtfilt -d -z -n -v -b -s
# disabled
# oneshot
# -------- bluetooth related services end ----------

I can call bluetooth services on but it seems to throw an error. Maybe it's missing the Java elements and it's impossible to just copy those and get them working.

I'm afraid that only from 4.2.2 android onwards bluetooth dongle support is standard. I don't want to mess with any unofficial version until they have hardware acceleration for videos.
19th May 2015, 11:57 PM |#7  
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Sorry to bump such old thread.
I have an Rk3026 based tablet which supports OTG but from user reports bluetooth dongles don't work.
Any way to bypass this limitation?
This is a tablet on a "promotion" in Portugal and Spain which can be get for 2eur, it would be nice to get bluetooth working. there are even custom rom for it.
20th May 2015, 06:38 PM |#8  

More
To get bluetooth working with usb otg:
  • android needs to built with bluetooth support(unless you want to use it with console only)
  • the device's kernel needs to have the modules for usb bluetooth(each device has a diffrent kernel) but that is quite rare
17th June 2015, 07:07 PM |#9  

More
Hi
I am running Android 4.4.2 an would also like to use a Bluetooth dongle.
I have a "old" dongle, that worked fine with Android 2.3.4, but I can't get it to Work with Android 4.4.2.
Do it have to be a bluetooth dongle with OTG support if it should work with Android 4.4.2 ?

Hope someone can help me .

Many regards
MrNisse
5th May 2016, 12:00 AM |#10  

More
Hello.

I have the same wish: To use a dongle BT as extender on my S7 Edge.

Any idea?
14th December 2016, 07:57 PM |#11  

More
I have the same needs. An android tv box without bluetooth. Any news on this guys? Actually for me is ok also a fake usb. One of my app is crashing because it tries to read the mac address of the bluetooth

Please advice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)