FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Whats next after rooting?

cyanogenmod for a2?

6 Vote(s)
50.00%
a custom rom for a2?

6 Vote(s)
50.00%

Root Qmobile A2 V3

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey and Salam everybody,

important note: i am taking no responsibility if your phone dies or what so ever. do wipe reset your phone through stock recovery before proceeding. only use the softwares i provided. and also only email me if you run into problems using the softwares i provided. and please wipe data reset ur phone before proceeding. all the softwares are in my dropbox

This is my first ever post so make sure if you get your problem solved i would very much appreciate that you help others too.

All the credit goes to rua1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5119815)

I bought the phone a month back and spent 3 weeks trying to root this MTK6575 Chipset.

You can only root this phone through test point from PMT method. Google test point and pmt for more information.

Attached a pic showing a test point cable . people having knowledge of modding 360 will know what a pmt is. its pogo mo thoin. but for phone its bit different.

first of all turn your phone on and connect it to mtkdroidtools and then make scatter of it. and save it for future use . picture attach. clik blocks map and then click create scatter.

its better to go into stock recovery and wipe data reset and wipe cache. take your sim cards out and your memory card. you dont need them.

my phone details.

Model Number : A2
Android version : 2.3.6
Baseband Version: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V14.P2, 2012/09/07 10:26
Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7 [email protected] #1 Thu Oct 11 13:41:54 HKT 2012
Build Number : ALPS.GB2.MP.v2.2
Custom Build Version : S8035S_PP_F1_PK_1.06_V3

Files you need:
1 Drivers For MTK6575 - Qmobile A2 V3
2 Google ADB Latest
3 MTK Droid Tools
4 Smart Phone Flash Tools
5 Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed

you can find all these files in my dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wjle4gfu9ekc2x/2Y2f1yuZlE

install drivers for mtk6575

open flash tools and select scatter loading. select the scatter MT6575_Android_scatter that was made earlier and click ok. go to second tab in flash tools. now your in read back tab. click add. save the file titled rom_1 in the extracted mkt droid tools folder. then select hex and read page only . in start address write 0x0000000000000000 and in length 0x10da0000 < this is the address of cache in scatter and your might be different depending on the date you bought the phone.

click ok

now click read back plug in the usb cable with no battery in and just touch the needle with the test point in pic. it will start reading back. once it completes it will give you green circle.

now go to mtkdroidtools and open mtkdroidtools.exe turn on your phone normally and let the tools detect the phone. once it detects you will see different information on main screen. now goto second tab (root, backup, recovery) and click " to process file ROM_ from flash tool" at this point locate the file rom_1 you just saved in rom folder of extracted mtk droid tools. once you give it the location it will start processing. it will ask you if you want it to automatically make cwm ? click yes once the process gets complete you will have multiple files in

\MTK Droid Tools\MtkDroidTools\backups\A2_121030_ForFlashtool FromReadBack_130415-104113

your folder name will be different depending on date and time.

inside the folder you will have lots of files. the file you need to flash will be A2_121030__recovery_130415-104113 again the numbers at the end of the file depends on your date and time.

now again open spflash tools on the main screen select scatter loading. locate this folder.

\MTK Droid Tools\MtkDroidTools\backups\A2_121030_ForFlashtool FromReadBack_130415-104113

open the scatter and uncheck all boxes . check only one box that says recovery. double click on and find this file.

A2_121030__recovery_130415-104113

its in \MTK Droid Tools\MtkDroidTools\backups\A2_121030_ForFlashtool FromReadBack_130415-104113

now click download ignore the warning take the battery out insert the usb cable and make sure to touch the test point after u click download . note that from this method ur phone is in bootrom mode. if everything is successfull youll get a green circle.

you might get errors and for that your scatter must be edited for example adding __NODL_ before CACHE in scatter. if that doesnt work then you might have to add __NODL_ before USRDATA and if still ur gettin error well then email me.

now to test recovery press both vol+ and vol- button at the same time and hit power . go into recovery by pressing vol+. and you have cwm on your phone. now the first and most important thing take backup and save it,

its also better to stay into recovery and open mtk droid tools and make bakcup by going into second tab.

after that put Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed on ur sd to flash through cwm

now flash superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed through cwm

turn on your phone and see if you have superuser on ur home screen

open super user and grant permission and voila your rooted go to info tab and check for updates

thats it your phones rooted.

if i helped you then press thank

in the attachment you can see the cable i made. make yours the same way

UPDATE: SPFT and MTKDROIDTOOLS update versions have been put in dropbox.

again if you encounter pmt layout changed or other errors then email me so i can help you gettin rid of errors with editing the scatter. [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130415_124713.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	1885257   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-15 10.00.37.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1885261   Click image for larger version

Name:	1e.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	2253122  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamzairshad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamzairshad Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)