[Q] Is this actually an OEM Charger

Search This thread

hammester

Nov 1, 2010
Hello,

I bought this charger off ebay and the seller claims that it is a OEM samsung charger. When I try charging my tablet I get a red X over the battery and it takes forever to charge. I have read that this usually happens when not using the OEM charger. So I am wondering if this is in fact a OEM charger or if I have a different issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20130415_111538.jpg
    IMG_20130415_111538.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_20130415_111603.jpg
    IMG_20130415_111603.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 218

Mad@Droid

Mar 2, 2013
Yep thats a OEM charger for your tablet, mine does the X when charging some times but it does a full charge in about 2-3 hours.

I bought this charger off ebay and the seller claims that it is a OEM samsung charger. When I try charging my tablet I get a red X over the battery and it takes forever to charge. I have read that this usually happens when not using the OEM charger. So I am wondering if this is in fact a OEM charger or if I have a different issue.[/QUOTE]

hammester

Nov 1, 2010
Yep thats a OEM charger for your tablet, mine does the X when charging some times but it does a full charge in about 2-3 hours.

I bought this charger off ebay and the seller claims that it is a OEM samsung charger. When I try charging my tablet I get a red X over the battery and it takes forever to charge. I have read that this usually happens when not using the OEM charger. So I am wondering if this is in fact a OEM charger or if I have a different issue.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Mine does the X but it takes 6-8 hours to fully charge. Anything I can do to get it to charge faster?

theejay0625

Jun 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Thanks for the reply. Mine does the X but it takes 6-8 hours to fully charge. Anything I can do to get it to charge faster?[/QUOTE]

Buy the orginal charger

Sent from my GT-P6200 using XDA Premium HD app

Platin465

Nov 20, 2008
Hello,

Is the seller buzzz or something? I got two from them with the same problem. I think that it may work with their "OEM" cable, but not with real OEM ones. I compared the chargers they sent me to the one that came with a GT2, and they were slightly different. The writing is different in size, the removable plug stuck out a bit when I changed it from one to the other, and the top plastic plate (the area around the USB jack) was thicker on the one they sent me. But without the two next to each-other, not easy to tell the difference.

As someone else suggested, getting or making that adapter will probably take care of it. There are instructions on here for how to make that adapter, something about either cutting or shorting the center pins on a cable. That would make the cable not usable for data though. You could search for USB charging in the GT+ or GT2 forum.

Last edited:

hammester

Nov 1, 2010
Is the seller buzzz or something? I got two from them with the same problem. I think that it may work with their "OEM" cable, but not with real OEM ones. I compared the chargers they sent me to the one that came with a GT2, and they were slightly different. The writing is different in size, the removable plug stuck out a bit when I changed it from one to the other, and the top plastic plate (the area around the USB jack) was thicker on the one they sent me. But without the two next to each-other, not easy to tell the difference.

As someone else suggested, getting or making that adapter will probably take care of it. There are instructions on here for how to make that adapter, something about either cutting or shorting the center pins on a cable. That would make the cable not usable for data though. You could search for USB charging in the GT+ or GT2 forum.

Yes, the seller was bzzybees or something like that. They sent me two chargers and neither of them work. I plugged my brother OEM charger into my tablet and it charges like normal so I am guessing he isn't selling OEM chargers.

Platin465

Nov 20, 2008
Yes, the seller was bzzybees or something like that. They sent me two chargers and neither of them work. I plugged my brother OEM charger into my tablet and it charges like normal so I am guessing he isn't selling OEM chargers.

Yep, I guess the best thing would be to report it to ebay. I didn't because I had an extra cable so I just figured I'd make it work. Haven't worked on it yet though.

Top Liked Posts