FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 10 NOT Charging While OTG is Utilized?

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By TragedysFinest, Junior Member on 17th April 2013, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So here's a weird finding that I wasn't aware of. I used the current version of this PAC ROM(22.0.1) and current version of Franco kernel ( r8 ) with no applications running in the back ground as well as charged the n10 to 100% for both of the following tests. I would like to note that there was no operation in regards to reading or writing data from the external HD (1tb WD USB powered).

1. First test was with the pogo cable connected(using wall power not PC power). From a full charge there was 96% battery left after 1 hour and GUI said that it was charging.
2. The second test was without the pogo cable connected. From a full charge there was also 96% battery left after 1 hour.

After I noticed this I went back and checked the battery charts ( for use of battery life over said period of time) and they were so close I would say that they were identical. But nothing is ever truly the same with computers is it.

So basically in a sense the GUI says that it is charging but it isn't really charging at all. I'm not to savvy in the android programming but this would likely be a kernel config issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, like I said I'm new to this. With all that being said, to the Op if you wouldn't mine getting me caught up a little with kernel work I would be more than willing to look deeper into this find. Hope this helps. If there are any questions just ask.

EDIT: Does anyone know if this holds true to the HDMI as well? I guess I'll look into that as well. If not today tomorrow for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

17th April 2013, 03:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
A well known issue that I don't think any of the kernel devs have looked in to... Also it does actually charge when using HDMI
The Following User Says Thank You to the_boo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_boo Ad-Free
17th April 2013, 04:08 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Landstuhl
Thanks Meter: 7

More
OK thanks for the input. Didn't realize it was well known. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing that glitch.( if it is a glitch of course).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
17th April 2013, 05:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 802

More
It is probably something in the kernel, but no one has been able to fix the issue yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)