FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WP7 HostsEditor

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By knightluffy, Member on 18th April 2013, 04:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everybody,

This is my experimental program, if you want to modify hosts without using registry, please try this app. It is only support IPV4 now.
If you have any idea, please contact me(knightluffy@live.com).

Thanks to Heathcliff74 for making this possible (WP7 Root Tools SDK)!

Update note:
-----------------------
1.0.2: Root tool bug has been fixed now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (2).jpg
Views:	419
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1895177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (3).jpg
Views:	357
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1895178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (4).jpg
Views:	330
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1895179  
Attached Files
File Type: xap Hosts Editor 1.0.2.xap - [Click for QR Code] (103.3 KB, 207 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to knightluffy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knightluffy Ad-Free

18th April 2013, 04:56 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1,602

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Thanks for work, but sreenshoot ?
19th April 2013, 04:41 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Working great here, thanks knightluffy!!!

I did find one thing for those using this (perhaps knightluffy can look into this too and update), be careful when entering a domain not to include the http:// part as the app will close upon reentry.. the // or : are invalid characters perhaps for the host causing the app to crash. I had to delete the entry in the registry to get back into the app.

Very nice app, you can easily add, delete your entries directly in the application.
19th April 2013, 02:09 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hBk0dY

Hi,

Thanks for work, but sreenshoot ?

Thanks for your remind, I have added.
The Following User Says Thank You to knightluffy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knightluffy Ad-Free
19th April 2013, 02:20 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1,602

Donate to Me
More
Thanks
19th April 2013, 02:23 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opacityzero

Working great here, thanks knightluffy!!!

I did find one thing for those using this (perhaps knightluffy can look into this too and update), be careful when entering a domain not to include the http:// part as the app will close upon reentry.. the // or : are invalid characters perhaps for the host causing the app to crash. I had to delete the entry in the registry to get back into the app.

Very nice app, you can easily add, delete your entries directly in the application.

I have made a fix, could you please help try it again?
19th April 2013, 11:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Tested v1.0.1, this version works when entering : or / which is great in case one mistakenly adds it! Thanks!

The entry however disappears if you exit and re-open the app preventing editing/removing it...but it does add the entry into the registry. If there is a way without going too crazy to check for and remove any incorrect characters, such as the : and / or any other character except for a hyphen - in the Address field, and only allow numbers and a . in the ip field that would be helpful at preventing incorrect entries for those not too familiar with the hosts file.
20th April 2013, 05:12 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opacityzero

Tested v1.0.1, this version works when entering : or / which is great in case one mistakenly adds it! Thanks!

The entry however disappears if you exit and re-open the app preventing editing/removing it...but it does add the entry into the registry. If there is a way without going too crazy to check for and remove any incorrect characters, such as the : and / or any other character except for a hyphen - in the Address field, and only allow numbers and a . in the ip field that would be helpful at preventing incorrect entries for those not too familiar with the hosts file.

Hi, I think this is Root Tool SDK`s bug, I had report it to @Heathcliff74XDA on twitter. Thank you very much.
6th May 2013, 11:59 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,467

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

I listed your app here.

I also release WP7 Root Tools SDK 1.1 officially now. The bug you reported is fixed. You can update it in your app now.

Keep up the good work!
Heathcliff74
10th June 2013, 03:43 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Hi,

I listed your app here.

I also release WP7 Root Tools SDK 1.1 officially now. The bug you reported is fixed. You can update it in your app now.

Keep up the good work!
Heathcliff74

Thanks for your remind, I nearly forgot it. Now, it has been fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)