FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[One XL][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - NEW JB 4.2 migration support

9,554 posts
Thanks Meter: 33,208

By Phil3759, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th April 2013, 09:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

I would appreciate a screen shot from your device, mainly under GUI options or custom backup menu where you select partitions
To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free

18th April 2013, 09:47 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Debugging a first release

This is a first release for HTC devices. However, the recovery is well proven for Samsung and LGE Google devices

It is mainly a CWM with tons of advanced features, so, basically, there is no reason it completely fails if your device runs a CWM build
Now, some bugs in advanced features can appear:

Broken touch interface:
This is probable to happen on early betas. Screen needs calibration. This calibration will be non necessary in next v5 however
Quote:

If touch gui doesn't work, please follow these exact steps to calibrate screen:

1- reboot into recovery, do not touch screen
2- touch middle of screen, do not lift finger and swipe to the left (1)edge
3- once finger out of screen area, you can lift it
4- repeat steps 2 and 3 for each of the 3 other edges: right (2) then top (3) and finally bottom (4)

Note for a good touch log:
When swiping on screen, go slowly and maintain a good pressure on screen to have good results.
When finger reaches an edge, lift it completely before touching screen again.

Once done,
5- do not touch screen anymore
6- using hardware buttons, navigate to Advanced / Report Error menu
7- upload the /sdcard/clockworkmod/philz_recovery.log and post the link

Other bugs:
Quote:

- Reproduce the bug
- Create and post a log (steps 6 and 7 above)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
18th April 2013, 10:07 PM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
upload done
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
18th April 2013, 10:21 PM |#4  
Flag Bristol, TN
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Gotta try this. Will report back with results.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacobas92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jacobas92 Ad-Free
18th April 2013, 10:25 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobas92

Gotta try this. Will report back with results.

Remember that probably touch is broken as it needs calibration. So, follow exactly steps in post 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
18th April 2013, 10:28 PM |#6  
Flag Bristol, TN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

Remember that probably touch is broken as it needs calibration. So, follow exactly steps in post 2

Will do.

-----------------

Looks awesome. Was afraid to try any backups/restores/flashes as even after calibrating the screen multiple times, it was still way off. I'm sure if I keep trying I'll get it eventually. I'll post the log after I finish trying a few more times.

Thanks for this btw, CWM + openrecovery scripts = awesome sauce. And all the customization is pretty sweet too.

-----------------

Ok tried it a few more times and looks like its as good as its gonna get. It's about half an inch offset to the right/left? (touch on the left and registers to the right of that). I'll attach the log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt philz_recovery.log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (9.3 KB, 60 views)
18th April 2013, 11:25 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobas92

Will do.

-----------------

Looks awesome. Was afraid to try any backups/restores/flashes as even after calibrating the screen multiple times, it was still way off. I'm sure if I keep trying I'll get it eventually. I post the log after I finish trying a few more times.

Thanks for this btw, CWM + openrecovery scripts = awesome sauce. And all the customization is pretty sweet too.

-----------------

Ok tried it a few more times and looks like its as good as its gonna get. It's about half an inch offset to the right/left? (touch on the left and registers to the right of that). I'll attach the log.

Thank you a lot (out of my 8 for today, but there is a tomorrow hopefully)

No, calibration for now needs to be done by me. In the future, this will no more be needed...
I forgot to say that I need to build a special version where I enable touch screen calibration. I first release stock to see if screen works. If not, I release a calibration version

Meanwhile, use hardware buttons and test other functions like backup and eventually restore, navigation menus, options...
report any bugs with a log after reproducing it

Many thanks again
18th April 2013, 11:29 PM |#8  
Flag Bristol, TN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

Thank you a lot (out of my 8 for today, but there is a tomorrow hopefully)

No, calibration for now needs to be done by me. In the future, this will no more be needed...
I forgot to say that I need to build a special version where I enable touch screen calibration. I first release stock to see if screen works. If not, I release a calibration version

Meanwhile, use hardware buttons and test other functions like backup and eventually restore, navigation menus, options...
report any bugs with a log after reproducing it

Many thanks again

No prob, I love testing new things lol. I'll make a few backups and restores and flash a few things and see how it goes.
18th April 2013, 11:36 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Great, let me know about any issue
19th April 2013, 12:27 AM |#10  
portland oregon
Thanks Meter: 223

More
⊙⊙ I'm hiding in the bushes, watchin you quietly. ⊙⊙

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Hey is the ( whoa whoa, just sec, gotta zip up my flame suit... Ok good) zip flashable via the twrp rec ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sinco54 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sinco54 Ad-Free
19th April 2013, 12:28 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinco54

⊙⊙ I'm hiding in the bushes, watchin you quietly. ⊙⊙

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Hey is the ( whoa whoa, just sec, gotta zip up my flame suit... Ok good) zip flashable via the twrp rec ?

obviously
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)