FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root your Jellybean 4.1.2 bionic

157 posts
Thanks Meter: 71
 
By ModestMouse1312, Senior Member on 19th April 2013, 06:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I found a working root for my bionic on 4.1.2. and ive tested that it does in fact work! try it your self http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...lable-now.html
 
 
19th April 2013, 07:42 AM |#2  
Maksim_ka's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMouse1312

I found a working root for my bionic on 4.1.2. and ive tested that it does in fact work! try it your self:

Don't work...
19th April 2013, 07:58 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ellenboro
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
I had to do it like 3 times. But my phone is rooted now

Sent from my XT875 using xda app-developers app
19th April 2013, 08:00 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMouse1312

I had to do it like 3 times. But my phone is rooted now

Sent from my XT875 using xda app-developers app

only motochopper right?
19th April 2013, 08:13 AM |#5  
Maksim_ka's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMouse1312

I had to do it like 3 times. But my phone is rooted now

Sent from my XT875 using xda app-developers app

you lost root on update JB or you haven't root on ics and keep root on JB?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzz.jpg
Views:	2625
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1894675  
19th April 2013, 08:25 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_ka

you lost root on update JB or you haven't root on ics and keep root on JB?

I got that same error, I was rooted, and didn't backup root before JB update.
19th April 2013, 09:03 AM |#7  
Maksim_ka's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore_hero

I got that same error, I was rooted, and didn't backup root before JB update.

i think it because you will had root before JB update. I flash FXZ ICS and forget about root, and now i can't keep root any way.
19th April 2013, 10:10 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
That "Easy Root Komplete" tool found on this page uses the famed MotoChopper exploit. I just FXZ'd my Bionic to 4.1.2 and tried Motochopper on it. It managed to install Superuser but it couldn't push in the su binary so it basically failed. I tried MotoChopper 3 times in a row but root was never actually achieved unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to projektorboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift projektorboy Ad-Free
19th April 2013, 01:11 PM |#9  
SamuriHL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,220
 
More
Save yourself the effort. Motochopper only works on snapdragon based moto phones... For which the bionic is not.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamuriHL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamuriHL Ad-Free
19th April 2013, 06:26 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bionic JB Root??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL

Save yourself the effort. Motochopper only works on snapdragon based moto phones... For which the bionic is not.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Is there anything in the works for the Bionic root?
19th April 2013, 06:28 PM |#11  
SamuriHL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,220
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastrioti0

Is there anything in the works for the Bionic root?

So far there are no known Bionic JB root exploits. I was told a few days ago that the Bionic Gods are looking into maybe repurposing one of the RAZR JB exploits but I've not seen or heard anything since. DJRBliss has quit so this puts us Bionic owners in a very bad position. We can HOPE an exploit is found but I wouldn't expect it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes