[RECOVERY]ClockworkMod Touch v6.0.3.4

Search This thread

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
USB OTG Info:
USB OTG will show up as external_sd. If external_sd is not mounting, reboot recovery. You must enter recovery with usb already inserted.

Installation:
Unlock bootloader at http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
Uncheck fastboot in the rom in power options
Turn phone completely off
Boot into HBOOT>Fastboot
Inside of fastboot. Erase cache. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Root:
To gain root on stock rom. Flash recovery in fastboot then flash this inside of recovery. There are two root programs. Superuser and SuperSU. Both are listed.
Superuser - http://download.clockworkmod.com/superuser/superuser.zip
OR
SuperSU - http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Downloads:

PC USB Mass Storage:
You can't! :( http://teamw.in/DataMedia

Last edited:

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Touch version is a test. Not sure if it will work properly but the classic version should be fully working. Let me know of any problems.

Last edited:

nuclear_eclipse

May 8, 2010
Touch version is a test. Not sure if it will work properly but the classic version should be fully working. Let me know of any problems.

At least on my device, the touch recovery does *not* work, but the classic recovery *does*. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

One more thing to note: mounting the internal storage/sdcard does not seem to work either.

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
At least on my device, the touch recovery does *not* work, but the classic recovery *does*. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

One more thing to note: mounting the internal storage/sdcard does not seem to work either.

I'll take down the Touch and get a test build out....Will never work mounting the storage :( The internal sdcard is actually located in /data/media. It can not be mounted as storage. The only way is to use ADB commands.

Last edited:

nuclear_eclipse

May 8, 2010
Adb sideload or adb push to the sdcard.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I tried adb pushing to /sdcard while running the recovery image, but it still refused to flash from there because it would fail trying to mount /sdcard. adb sideload was the only method that actually worked. Unless I'm missing something...

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
I tried adb pushing to /sdcard while running the recovery image, but it still refused to flash from there because it would fail trying to mount /sdcard. adb sideload was the only method that actually worked. Unless I'm missing something...

Not sure. Newer HTC phones are strange in the recovery. You mind testing TWRP?

nuclear_eclipse

May 8, 2010
So, were you able to successfully root the First as well? Or was that back-and-forth about adb loading/side-loading about root? I tried re-reading the posts, but my newb-translator is on the fritz. :p

Yes, I have successfully rooted my First with the recovery and Superuser zip from the first post. Flash the recovery and reboot into it, then choose install zip from sideload, and then have your phone connected to the PC with the superuser zip, and run `adb sideload path/to/Superuser.zip`. Once that completes, reboot the phone, and you should have full root access. :)

lordlittlebrooks

Jan 17, 2011
New York City
Yes, I have successfully rooted my First with the recovery and Superuser zip from the first post. Flash the recovery and reboot into it, then choose install zip from sideload, and then have your phone connected to the PC with the superuser zip, and run `adb sideload path/to/Superuser.zip`. Once that completes, reboot the phone, and you should have full root access. :)

Thanks for spelling that out. Beers headed for you and flyhalf. Can't wait to get home and root my First!

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Thanks for spelling that out. Beers headed for you and flyhalf. Can't wait to get home and root my First!

Thanks :) Glad everything is working out. Uploading a new TWRP build if anyone likes that better.

I've added a few extra features into the classic version of CWM. Power off option in the menu and reboot to bootloader in advance menu. Regular CWM doesn't have those

Reactions: lordlittlebrooks

phositadc

May 7, 2010

Is it not possible to just put zip on sdcard and choose install zip from sdcard?

Sent from my HTC first

nuclear_eclipse

May 8, 2010
Is it not possible to just put zip on sdcard and choose install zip from sdcard?

Sent from my HTC first

Since the recovery currently can't mount the sdcard partition, any attempt to flash from sdcard fails. The only method that works afaik is the option to flash via sideload, which requires the phone to be attached to a PC running adb. I'm not certain, but it sounds like this would also prevent the CyanogenMod built-in update mechanism to fail as well... :(

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Since the recovery currently can't mount the sdcard partition, any attempt to flash from sdcard fails. The only method that works afaik is the option to flash via sideload, which requires the phone to be attached to a PC running adb. I'm not certain, but it sounds like this would also prevent the CyanogenMod built-in update mechanism to fail as well... :(

Can you see the folders on the sdcard when you go to install zip from sdcard?

Top Liked Posts