Under the request of some friends of mine, I decided after some time of write, to release this script for public testing.
This package of binaries, scripts and libraries, will fix the lags on your Android smartphone or tablet, and make it smoother and faster!
Features and Improvements :
- Full memory management with 5 different configs.
- Zipalign apps in "/system" at every boot, and apps in "/data" every 48 hours.
- CPU governors tweaks and improvements for better performance and battery life.
- Increased SD Card read-ahead cache to 2048 KB to improve SDCard write/read speed.
- Nos entropy seeder generator engine used to reduce lags.
- Ad blocking.
- Battery life improvements.
- SQLite and database optimizing every 48 hours.
- Network TCP tweaks.
- Kernel, VM and sysctl tweaks and improvements.
- File system speedup.
- Build.prop tweaks and improvements.
- Cleans log files and tombstones at every boot.
- Many other tweaks for better performance and battery life!
- Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) and higher.
- Kernel with init.d support.
- ClockworkMod. (4 or higher)
- At least 4 MB of free space in "/system".
How to install :
1. Download the flashable zip.
2. Rebooting into recovery mode.
3. Install Fly-On RAM manager. (optional)
4. Install Signed_Fly-On_Mod_V3.0.zip stock or CM according to your ROM.
5. Reboot and feel the smoothness!
In the package :
+/etc/init.d/ scripts :
-ram_manager: It's a complete memory manager, with 5 different versions.
-02logdelete1: Cleans log files and tombstones at every boot.
-09sdcardspeedfix: Set SDCard readahead speed to 2048 KB.
-darky_zipalign: Zipalign apps in "/system" at every booting.
-zipaligndata: Zipalign apps in "/data" every 48 hours.
-98fly_core: Contains various tweaks and improvements. (3G/VM/sysctl/kernel/battery life tweaks etc.)
-sqlite_optimize: Optimizing database of apps every 48 hours.
-s78sensitive_touchscreen: Improves the sensivity of your touchscreen.
-libncurses.so (Stock version only).
- This package will work with all android devices that have init.d support!
- Fly-On Mod works with Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, but in Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean ADJ Values are hard coded into the services.jar or .odex, that's why for Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean you will need a patched services.jar, you can follow this great guide by zeppelinrox (thanks to him): Click here.
- You can also use Fly-On Mod with V6 SuperCharger. (If you didn't flash the ram_manager config)
- The ram_manager configs are for phones with 512MB RAM. (Lower and higher than that too)
- If you have 1024MB/2048MB RAM use supercharger instead!
Important informations :
About RAM managers :
+ Balanced version, is for people with moderate apps use.
+ Gamers version, is for people playing HD/3D games.
+ Multitasking version, is for people that use a lot of apps at the same time.
+ Hard multitasking version, is for people with huge amount of apps running at the same time. (Very agressive values!)
+ Nexus version, contains values from Google source used in nexus devices.
Note also that:
- Multitasking version have lesser free ram than Balanced/Gamers/Nexus, but this thing doesn't mean they are the best, choose the ram config according to your use!
- Don't use any Task Killer with this Mod!
- Fly-On Mod main package comes with 2 different versions, CM version is for CyanogenMod ROMS and AOSP based ROMS (like AOKP), then stock version is for stock ROMS and custom ROMS based on stock!
- If you have bad battery life the problem is from an app waking your phone from sleep, it's not my script!
- Don't use Fly-On Mod with any other tweaking script as they will conflict!
- If you want to use Fly-On Mod in your ROM or your Mod ask for permissions first and give me credits!
- If you have any question ask me in the thread instead of PMs or I will not reply!
- Read well the thread before posting any newbie questions and do not ask for an already answered question!
Some users feedback :
Working great and faster on MIUI rom.
Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
Here is a talking sentence between me and my friend that is watching my phone flying with cm10.1....
Friend: Have you ever heard the definition of INSANITY ???
Me:Yup,it's the new Fly-ON mod by @slaid480.
Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app
-Thanks to Darky for the base zipalign script.
-Special thank to pikachu01, zacharias.maladroit,collin_ph and juwe11!
-Big thank to zeppelinrox and Exit_Only !
-voku1987 and mcbyte_it.
-My Friend Maroc-OS For the big Help!
-Any XDA Member That helped Me out in This Project!
If you liked this mod,please rate this thread to 5 stars and press the Thanks button and if it's possible buy a coffee for me,it will help me to work, support and keep this project up to date!