OLD THINGS THAT PROBABLY WON'T WORK ON THE NEWER BUILDS:
Auto-Debloater (Obsolete, do NOT use on newer builds)
- Remove mock contacts & avatars (you must follow up with a series of ADB commands to completely remove all contacts due to a python script that updates contacts that to my knowledge cannot be run via recovery).
- Remove mock messages and call logs.
- Remove mock media.
- Remove most mock apps.
- Little to no mock Unity lenses.
Flash this via recovery.
Due to a python script in Ubuntu Touch that updates the contacts, you must run these commands in ADB in order to completely remove all mock contact data. If you are asked for a password, it is "phablet".
Official Ubuntu Touch Status
su - phablet
Latest Preview Jenkins Changelog
On May 16th, alpha apps such as terminal and file manager will be released, so I'm not trying to remove any dependencies they may need.
How to Flash & Debloat
- 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" & 13.10 "Saucy Salamander"
- Preview and Beta
- Mobile data works with some tweaks
Official Daily Builds
- Reboot into recovery.
- Make NANDROID backup.
- Wipe System, Data, Cache, & Dalvik Cache.
- Flash current for your device (whether it be official or not).
- Flash latest Root FS (raring-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip).
- Pull battery/turn off phone.
- Boot into recovery.
- Flash latest auto-debloat script.
- Follow up in ADB as directed to finish removing all mock contact data.
- Reboot system.
Download "raring-preinstalled-armel+YOURDEVICE.zip", "raring-preinstalled-armel+YOURDEVICE.zip.md5sum", "raring-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip", & "raring-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip.md5sum" from here:
Pre-Debloated Root FS (April, 23, 2013)
You can use this in place of the stock Root FS (raring-preinstalled-phablet-armfh.zip). These won't be uploaded often, only when there are big changes merged.
You can update it via ADB with the following commands (if you are asked for a password, it's "phablet"):
sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade