If not then you can read my post HERE and update your LAVA Iris 501 to Jellybean.
Now it is time to Root your mobile.
Earlier with ICS; Rooting was done with "Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15" but now with Jellybean, this process will not work.
Steps for Rooting:
- Download and install MediaTek Driver
- Download CWM Recovery from link given in my post
- I am also giving link for Scatter File in-case you do not have Scatter File
- Flash your phone with this CWM Recovery using SP Flash Tool (Process given below)
Process for Flashing CWM:
01. Make sure that mobile is Switch Off and not connected with PC
02. Create a separate folder in PC; for example "Recovery"
03. Copy Scatter File and CWM Recovery in this folder
04. Rename recovery_cwm_22.214.171.124_iris.img file to recovery.img
05. Start SP Flash Tools
06. Click on Scatter Loading button>Browse to "Recovery" Folder and select Scatter File
07. Now you will find that only Recovery file is checked in SP Tools
08. Click Download button
09. It will give you warning, "Not ALL images are correctly loaded, which may cause boot up issue! Do you still want to go on downloading anyway?"
10. Click on "Yes"
11. Remove mobile battery and re-insert after 3-4 seconds (Do-not Switch ON Mob)
12. Connect mobile to PC with USB Cable
13. Flashing will start and it will be done in few seconds
14. Disconnect USB cable and Power On Mobile.
- Download Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip and su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip from links given in my post
- Copy both files to SD Card
- Boot in to Recovery
- Select Install zip from sdcard and install Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip
- Donot reboot your phone now and install su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip
- Now reboot your phone
- After reboot, phone will take approx. 4 to 5 minute for first boot
Downloads: Links Updated
SP Flash Tool v3.1248.0.96
Media Tek Driver
New CWM Recovery 126.96.36.199