- turge for help with flashable version
- Trick Droid testers incl. nobnut, deagleone, hansbert, dunc, hdneuling, ajthescot, tecardo, kiray being happy guinea test pigs here by flashing this stuff with risky commands first
- Me for finding the method and being crazy enough to shoot first at my One, lol
We are glad we have our unlocked devices and can happily flash Custom ROM`s, backup and restore nandroids or flash mods. Nevertheless there are still some restrictions, since we still have no S-Off. Last week the latest 1.29.401.12 OTA update arrived and there is an option to upgrade via firmware.zip.
this involves a lot of time and effort by relocking, flashing, unlocking and saving / restoring your sd content and needs matching CID.
there is a painless,fast and easy way to use latest ROM base with latest Radio without the need of matching CID
What`s the benefit of upgrading a Radio?
The baseband is responsible for:
- Signal quality
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- GPS / aGPS
- Can improve battery due to improved signal quality
- Can even improve camera
- and more...
Who needs this?
Everyone who flashed first Custom Rom and also wants best possible signal quality.
This is how you can upgrade your RADIO without S-Off
1. Download Radio update.zip below and copy to your SD
2. Only an optional step for those, who want to have a Radio Firmware backup just in case
a) Connect your device via USB in recovery and open cmd in fastboot folder:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 of=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img
You will now have current Radio on SD as radio_firmware.img
In case you want / need to restore your current Radio backup:
Either you adjust updater script to radio_recovery.img or just do it via adb in recovery:
dd if=/sdcard/radio_firmware.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31
Download latest Radio from 2.17 base - 4A.16.3250.24_10.38.1150.03L
Download Radio from 1.29.401.12 WWE OTA - 4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01L