Greets to the people here at XDA,
We "Team BRIDGE" are here, attempting to compile Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build JDQ39E from Android Open Source Project (AOSP). This thread is created to provide you people with the change logs, downloads, Instructions, bug submissions and development updates. So, kindly take over your ROM discussions to the Discussion thread under General Section, no appreciation posts or discussions are accepted here. If you like to appreciate, please press the THANKS button instead. Proceeding now towards the main content of this ROM.
ThinkingBridge ROM is an Android aftermarket firmware which is built with the purpose to offer maximum stability, high performance & an appealing User Interface. This ROM is based on The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and CyanogenMod code. We are here to contribute to the Android Open Source world and provide our users with the Best-Of-Android.
- GSM Galaxy Nexus (maguro)
- Nexus S (crespo)
- Nexus 7 (grouper)
- Nexus 4 (mako)
- Galaxy S2 (i9100)
- Galaxy S3 (i9300)
- Optimus G (e975)
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. */
- Android Open Source Project: Or in short AOSP. Android is an open-source software stack created for mobile phones and other devices. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP), led by Google, is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android. Many device manufacturers have brought to market devices running Android, and they are readibly available around the world.
- Rooting: Android rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem. Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices, resulting in the ability to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user.
Fully Functional Features:
- RIL (Calls, data and texts)
- Touch UI
- Notification drawer and toggles
- Quick Toggles
Features Offered By ThinkingBridge ROM
- ThinkingBridge Welcome App (About the Team, Changelogs & Contacts us)
- ThinkingBridge Wallpapers App
- CyanogenMod FileManager
- DSP Manager
- Trebuchet Launcher
- ROM Settings
-General UI (Add Custom Boot Animations, Custom Carrier Label, StatusBar Brightness slider, Transparency Settings, UI Mode etc.
-Power Menu (Select what to show up in Power Menu and other Power Menu settings)
-Navigation Bar (Enable/Disable NavBar, Add/Remove buttons, change colors, configure widgets etc.)
-Navigation Ring (Set NavBar Ring targets)
-Hardware Keys (Enable custom actions and enable 3-dot overflow menu)
-Pie Controls (Enable/Disable pie, change colors, Trigger Area, Size, Alignment, Gravity etc.)
-Toggles (Add/Change/Remove toggles, change toggle style etc.)
-Battery (Change the battery icon on StatusBar, change colors, battery bar etc.)
-Clock (Change the Clock icon on StatusBar, change colors, AM/PM Style, Alignment, clock actions etc.)
-Signal (Change Signal icon on StatusBar, change colors, hide Signal bar etc.)
-Lockscreen (Change lock options, modify widgets, change colors etc.)
-Custom Shortcuts (Set custom shortcuts to the lockscreen)
-Custom Targets (Add custom targets to the lockscreen)
-Lock Clock Widget (Modify/change/remove the clock on the lockscreen)
- Theme Engine Support
- CPU Settings (Change Governor, Min/Max CPU freq., scheduler)
- New Custom Toggles (Favourite contact, Clock toggle, Fast Charge, LTE, Pie, NFC, Quick record, Quiet hours, Screenshot, Signal, Sleep, Sound state, USB tether, WiFi tether, Current user)
- Custom Camera features
- 4 Way Reboot (Reboot, Bootloader, Recovery & Hot-Reboot)
Let us know aboout them, refer Report Bug title below.
Instructions to Install
- Download the latest ROM zip and GApps from the download tabs above.
- Connect your Nexus 7 into USB Storage mode to the PC via USB data cable.
- Drag the downloaded two zips to the root of your storage (and not in any folder).
- Power off the device, press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons altogether until you see the Recovery screen
- You are now in Recovery mode.
- If you are flashing this ROM for the first time (coming from another ROM): wipe /data (factory reset) /cache, dalvik-cache and /system
- If you are updating this ROM (coming from previously installed version of this ROM): wipe /cache and dalvik-cache
- "Install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard" > select the ROM zip and press "Yes" to flash.
- Follow the above step again to flash the GApps.
- When all is done, select "reboot system now".
Github | Google+ | Facebook | Twitter
Want to report a bug? Read this first!
The below stated format shall be strictly followed to report any bug related to this specific ROM. Make sure that you have not overclocked over the provided CPU frequency and also that you are not running any custom kernels. Such bugs will be subjected to ignorance
Bug submission should majorly be done at the Bug Tracker.
Build Date / Release version: Eg. Feb 18, 2013
Bug Description: Describe the bug in English and as in-depth as possible.
How to reproduce the bug: Describe the instructions to reproduce your bug, so that I can confirm that its universal
Logcat: A logcat is considered very necessary during a bug report and will help me solve the bug at a fast rate. So, provide a logcat to your bug if possible.
Credits & Thanksgiving