FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE-FIX] GT-I9000 BOOT LOOP (common errors, /emmc, no mount of internal SD etc)

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By xbox123, Junior Member on 23rd April 2013, 07:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2014, 01:03 PM |#21  
Flag Kovacica
Thanks Meter: 6

More
how much time need to pass to finish with odin becouse 15 min and nothing happening

22nd July 2014, 06:02 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mena abdalla

done but when using camera
say insert sd card before using the camera
how fix this problem

I Also Have Same Problem
Camera Not Working
I Need More Help Plzzzzzz
23rd July 2014, 02:35 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It worked, thank you
this tutorial really saved my SGS. Thank you. I still can't root it, it just bricks when the cf in the cf in th first post...
1st August 2014, 12:35 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Thanks and precisions
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox123

I know there are various this and that posts but only one was similar to my below solution. No RIFF box required!

My phone was stuck in boot loop for last 2-3 months. Only way I have managed to get the BEST and MOST COMPLETE CWM flashed was with SEMAPHORE cwm!

Idea was simple at the end!
WE NEED TO get phone on stock firmware BUT somehow to make the internal SD operational again!

Steps!

ONLY PREREQ: BE ABLE TO ENTER "DOWNLOAD" MODE! and have the drivers installed on your pc for your phone to be recognized.
* You can have an empty external SD card in the slot. No harm but better to remove the SIM card if any.

- Use ODIN (i ve used Odin3 v1.83) to flash SEMAPHORE (Semaphore_ICS_1.3.0s.tar ). No PIT file, No partitioning! Simply put the tar to PDA field and flash!
- Reboot into SEMAPHORE CWM and go to section with /data partition! YES! Select size 2GB and SWAP the max 256MB when asked! Exit and restart!

- Enter DOWNLOAD mode again and now flash (you need to find the stock EU region free firmware I9000XXJVU_I9000OXAJVU_OXA.zip which is actually split in 3 tar and not just one!)
- ODIN 1.83 will automatically enable Re-Partition & Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time when you flash 3 files! Leave ALL enabled! Everything else just leave as is and apply below!
You need PIT file 512 for the PIT field!
Then:
i . PDA: CODE_I9000XXJVU_CL851880_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.m d5
i i . PHONE: MODEM_I9000XXJVU_REV_00_CL1092175.tar.md5
i i i . CSC: GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVU.tar.md5

FLASH above and your phone should come start up normally to STOCK XXJVY firmware!

Once you up and running and looking forward to flash you most wanted custom ROM please always follow below procedure that I KNOW is mentioned over and over again!

1. ENABLE USB Debugging! (for CM 10.1 users its hidden in MODEL # in about section of settings (press 7 times)

2. ALLOW apps from unknown sources for installing ROM Manager etc

3. Root the phone by flushing with ODIN the CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS.tar in PDA field! - Simple but effective you will be rooted and CWM!

4. Copy your new ROM zip to the external SD.

5. Enter CWM. IMPORTANT: a. Wipe/Factory reset! b. Wipe Cache c. Enter Advanced and WIPE Dalvik Cache! (ALWAYS DO THE 3 steps prior flashing new firm)

6. Now you can select your ROM zip from file on ext sd card and flush it. * If you have custom rom like CM 10.1 and you want the Gapps now its the time to do it just after ROM flash finished! - You need to select correct GAPP based on the custom rom you will apply. ICS with ICS GAPPS, JB with JB GAPPS

THE BEST/STABLE/FAST/NET OK/CAM OK etc firmware with great boot i highly recommend is ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.2_I9000.zip . Try it on your GT-i9000 after above procedure and I think you will be the happiest man! Extremely FAST and GREAT Battery handling!

PS I tried latest CM 10.1 but not as fast as above! Not needed in my opinion on the GT-i9000!

Thats all folks!

Thanks for this amazing tricks, i spend half a day to flash CM11 and after stuck in a boot loop recovery, I found your post !

My SGS had DarkyRom 11 (4.0.4) with semaphore kernel before i try to install CM11 and I think this rom re-partition the /data and sd0 to a specific size.

I use heimdall 1.4.0

What i do in details under linux Mint 15 kernel ubuntu 13.04 but you can use heimdall in Windows:
* Before do anything remove external SD card and SIM card
* untar Semaphore_ICS_1.3.0s.tar (get from here http://78.46.194.137/downloads/gt-i9000-ics )
* flash the zImage kernel with heimdall, in download mode (if your internal pit is different you may try --kernel it's case sensitive)
Code:
sudo heimdall flash --KERNEL zImage --no-reboot
* remove the cable
* hold power & home & vol+
* You normally enter in semaphore CWM
* This is the unclear point :
Quote:

- Reboot into SEMAPHORE CWM and go to section with /data partition! YES! Select size 2GB and SWAP the max 256MB when asked! Exit and restart!

You go into Advanced Menu / Format SD (from memory) , CWM show a list of size (512, 1024, 2048, 4096) you choose 2048MB and after it will display size for the SWAP you choose the 256MB (the max). After maybe a minute or two the format is complete.
After that I tried to flash CM10.2 and CM11 but it fails.
So you must flash a stock ROM with repartitioning.
I use GT_I9000_XWJW5_XDJV1_OXXJVC_Sbl, you get here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1102881
You need also the pit file on the same page.
* untar all tars in the 7zip archive.
* flash with heimdall with download mode
Code:
sudo heimdall flash --IBL+PBL boot.bin --CACHE cache.rfs --FACTORYFS factoryfs.rfs --DBDATAFS dbdata.rfs --MODEM modem.bin --PARAM param.lfs --SBL2 Sbl.bin --KERNEL zImage --repartition --pit s1_odin_20100512.pit
* the phone reboot and you will have a stock 2.3.6.
* then I flash speedmod-kernel-k17-3-Odin, you will get from there : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044519
* untar speedmod-kernel-k17-3-Odin.tar
* flash the zImage kernel with heimdall in download mode
Code:
sudo heimdall flash --KERNEL zImage --no-reboot
* From there you are good to go
* I copy CM10.2 stable and CM11-M8 on the internal sd card
* Go into CWM
* wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache
* I flash CM10.2 zip from CWM, the first time it fails, you reboot and you have a new CWM, reflash again
* Then i have a working CM10.2
* Then i flash CM11 zip and it works with no problems. (I think install CM10.2 before CM11 is not necessary)

You also can read this for more info : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2444308 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886393

Sorry for my bad English.
The Following User Says Thank You to hugopoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hugopoi Ad-Free
18th August 2014, 08:38 PM |#25  

More
Angry Thanks a TON

Thank you very much.. You saved my phone..

I have a query.. After going back to stock, i flashed with CM 11 M9. Everything was ok, but my IMEI code was changed.. it started something like 004 r something like that... How can I retain my IMEI code even after flashing..

Please help
20th October 2014, 03:02 PM |#26  

More
It Worked..!!
Man...!!ur life savior....thnx alot...i was sooo frustrated bby boot loop...!!
m gonna stay with the original Rom m not gonna switch....it will take month or yr to get out of tht bootloop trauma...!!!
God blesss u.....
16th February 2015, 08:59 AM |#27  

More
I need those
I need those file can you give it to me?
sent link to my gmail
ukputhea@yahoo.com
8th May 2015, 11:27 PM |#28  
Isla de Muerta
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
???
where is section with /data partition???

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr

I don't get this bit either:

I don't see any data partition section, not sure what you mean.

+1
3rd August 2015, 04:09 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jck.sparrow

where is section with /data partition???

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

+1

it in advanced options. Do not take the step to resize your partition unless you understand that it will delete everything off your phone. Happy ****ing birthday.
4th October 2016, 04:46 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
A giant! Saved my backup s1! Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)