[Q] Can't log in to the Facebook Messenger App.

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

Post Reply Email Thread
So, here is my issue:
Since the last 3 updates I can't log in to the app. No matter what I do i just CAN'T. I have an HTC One X (Tegra 3) woth the SkyDragon ROM (the first time that I got the error I was on stock JB). No matter if I use WiFi or Data, I just can't. I've tried differente roms and all of them had the same issue (i'm starting to think that the issue is inside my phone)
So... If anyone out there is able to help I'll apreciate it.
24th April 2013, 12:16 AM |#2  
Flag Calgary

More
I'm sure you\ve already tried this but gotta put it in, have you gone to apps,and cleared data/cache
download the latest version of facebook from play store
confirmed your username/password by logging off on a computer, and logging back in
24th April 2013, 12:25 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Punta de Mata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpSeeker

I'm sure you\ve already tried this but gotta put it in, have you gone to apps,and cleared data/cache
download the latest version of facebook from play store
confirmed your username/password by logging off on a computer, and logging back in

YES! I did that and nothing happened. I don't get what's wrong! It just stopped working since 2.3.2 version!
24th April 2013, 02:52 AM |#4  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Thanks Meter: 311

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdarko

YES! I did that and nothing happened. I don't get what's wrong! It just stopped working since 2.3.2 version!

Can you sign in to any other accounts, eg Twitter, google, email etc ?

Sent from my Awesome One X on ViperX 3.5.5 using XDA Premium
24th April 2013, 02:57 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Punta de Mata

More
Yes! I can log in into any account in any app! As I wrote the problem came with the 2.3.2 update!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
24th April 2013, 03:00 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Punta de Mata

More
I must add that I found another people with the same problem in the reviews of the app at the play store! And they where all users of HOXs!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
24th April 2013, 03:09 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Punta de Mata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogotaclue

Can you sign in to any other accounts, eg Twitter, google, email etc ?

Ok, I must add: I've tried installing the last working APK for me (2.3.1 version) and it didn't worked!!I got the same error message.
PS: Even I've tried the ROM that you are using now and it did not worked.
Could be something with the registry or something like that?
24th April 2013, 03:21 AM |#8  

More
I've just been trying different things to try and replicate the problem but it doesn't matter what I do, facebook and messenger sign in every time without problem. What versions do you have? I Have Facebook 3.1 and messenger 2.4.3. Also I looked at reviews of the new version of messenger and couldn't see any users having sign in problems

24th April 2013, 03:26 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Punta de Mata

More
Quote:

I've just been trying different things to try and replicate the problem but it doesn't matter what I do, facebook and messenger sign in every time without problem. What versions do you have? I Have Facebook 3.1 and messenger 2.4.3. Also I looked at reviews of the new version of messenger and couldn't see any users having sign in problems

I have the same versions! Well, I found some comments in spanish but they were from a month or two ago... Could be something with my FB config? I mean, I've never touched it before so I guess that it's not. The 2.3.2 version brought me to this point t.t Now if I install an older one it wont sing in that's why I think that it must be something with my phone or the internal storage i dont know!
24th April 2013, 03:54 AM |#10  

More
I'd be shocked if it was your phone/hardware related. storage maybe, but more likely some cached data somewhere. Have you got more than one apk version in storage?

24th April 2013, 04:00 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Punta de Mata

More
Quote:

I'd be shocked if it was your phone/hardware related. storage maybe, but more likely some cached data somewhere. Have you got more than one apk version in storage?

I mean, I believe its something with the storage! Not the hardware!! Must be some sort of cached data like you said! And yes, its the only APK file of the app that I have!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, app, facebook, htc one x, messenger

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)