[DEBLOAT] Remove ATT Bloatware Stock/Rooted [Flashable]

2,912 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,154

By homeslice976, Senior Member on 25th April 2013, 04:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a simple flashable package with an updater script that will remove the following:

ATT Device Help
ATT Address Book Sync
ATT Amazon Kindle
ATT CityID
ATT Drive Mode
ATT Family Map
ATT Hot Spot
ATT Locker
ATT Messages
ATT myATT
ATT Navigator
ATT Promo Widget
ATT Ready2go
ATT SmartWifi
ATT YPmobile

Added to removeATTbloat5.zip:
ATT CodeScanner
ATT Games

This should work on either odexed or deodexed stock/rooted. I recommend wiping cache and dalvik after flashing in TWRP or CWM.

If you notice one of these still installed after rebooting - you can remove it via play store after flashing this zip, but BEFORE you do please get me the package name from /data/app/ so I can add it to the script to be removed

Looking for even more of a cleanse? @wevsspot has shared a script here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=65) that will remove above and beyond ATT bloat. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip removeATTbloat4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (166.2 KB, 5256 views)
File Type: zip removeATTbloat5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (166.3 KB, 3879 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
25th April 2013, 04:30 PM |#2  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Thanks. I'll give it a try. If it works like expected, You Da Man!!!!

Edit:
Works great, but I did notice a few other AT&T apps I would like to get rid of, " AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Smart Wi-Fi and AT&T Messages".
Is it possible to add these to the script?

Thanks man!
25th April 2013, 04:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Pennsylvania

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlabelle

Thanks. I'll give it a try. If it works like expected, You Da Man!!!!

Edit:
Works great, but I did notice a few other AT&T apps I would like to get rid of, " AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Smart Wi-Fi and AT&T Messages".
Is it possible to add these to the script?

Thanks man!

Hmm they were removed for me...but looking through i think i see a few more things that need removed that may take care of it. Gimme a few..

Edit: Do they still show in /system/app/ when checking with a file browser?
25th April 2013, 05:08 PM |#4  
Flag Memphis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice976

Hmm they were removed for me...but looking through i think i see a few more things that need removed that may take care of it. Gimme a few..

Edit: Do they still show in /system/app/ when checking with a file browser?

No actually they don't. They are still in my app drawer and do still run when clicked one. Maybe I can uninstall now on google play. I'll try.

Edit: I was able to remove them from the play store and after reboot they are still gone. Thanks man. Not sure why I needed to do that, but it worked.
25th April 2013, 05:11 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlabelle

No actually they don't. They are still in my app drawer and do still run when clicked one. Maybe I can uninstall now on google play. I'll try.

Edit: I was able to remove them from the play store and after reboot they are still gone. Thanks man. Not sure why I needed to do that, but it worked.

Before you uninstall them, Can you check /data/app/ ? If they're there, get me the package names, please

Edit: just saw your edit. No worries.

Note to anyone else who doesn't get something removed - you can remove it via play store after running this script, but before you do please get me the package name from /data/app/ so I can add it to the script
The Following User Says Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
25th April 2013, 06:56 PM |#6  
Flag Memphis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice976

Before you uninstall them, Can you check /data/app/ ? If they're there, get me the package names, please

Edit: just saw your edit. No worries.

Note to anyone else who doesn't get something removed - you can remove it via play store after running this script, but before you do please get me the package name from /data/app/ so I can add it to the script

Ya Sorry. If I knew more about how things work, I would have known better and waited to see if there was anything that could have helped you first.
25th April 2013, 06:57 PM |#7  
Flag Pottsville, PA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hey, just used your script. I still have AT&T Smart Wi-Fi in the app drawer and both AT&T Messages and AT&T Smart Wi-Fi under installed apps. I couldn't find any remaining AT&T apk's under /system/app.
The Following User Says Thank You to tier~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tier~ Ad-Free
25th April 2013, 07:09 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Could you please check /data/app?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
25th April 2013, 07:30 PM |#9  
Flag Pottsville, PA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Nothing AT&T related in there either.

Edit:
My /data is empty actually.
25th April 2013, 07:43 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Probably won't be att there.. it'll be com.something.something. the icons should be the same though..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
25th April 2013, 09:52 PM |#11  
Flag Tigard, OR
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Does this remove ATT Contacts too? So many useless features, right?

--edit:
Never mind, ATT Contacts are gone too. Great!
I still see LiveTV though which I believe is from AT&T. This app is a different one from TV with the remote function.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)