Thought I would start a thread about what things people are using with their S4s.
A few findings of mine from today:
- The Smart Dock works with the S4.
- The S3/Note 2 MHL adapters definitely work
- The S4 MHL 2.0 adapter works without needing a charging input plugged in and IS outputting at 60Hz
- USB audio working, although some DACs not working that did work with S3/Note 2 (Apex Glacier not working for me, my HeadAmp Pico and RSA Intruder are)
- USB keyboards/mice working with the S4, as they did with the older Samsungs
- PS3 controller working over USB OTG (although mapping seems odd, have to try it in an emulator)
- Ditto for the Xbox 360 for Microsoft controller (which required an app on older Samsungs in order to work)
- Interesting, tried my Logitech F310 controller with it and it works too (it does not work with any other Android handset without USB/BT Joystick Centre, but here works OOTB). The F710 probably works too in that case.
- BT keyboard and mouse working, as expected.
- IR blaster via the inbuilt app works great with my LG TV.
- Logitech F710 works too.
- MHL and USB OTG do not work together using the new MHL 2.0 adapter for the S4.
- NTFS formatted drives still don't work on stock ROMs. Shame since my Padfone Infinity has it OOTB.
- Moga Pro gamepad working well
- Tried an ethernet adapter yesterday evening: no-go. Need to check its documentation again because I suspect it requires driver installation. Have order a couple of driverless ethernet adapters that are confirmed to work with several Android tablets and will give them a go when they arrive.
- Additional info on ethernet: can pretty much definitively say ethernet is not working I think. Tried today with a new adapter (that works perfectly on the Padfone Infinity in phone and pad modes, since I tried that first), does not work with S4 with or without an externally powered USB hub.
Will chime in with more when I have a chance to try more stuff out.