If you are an experienced CyanogenMod user, please give it a try and let me know anything I broke.
But please see "Known Issues" below.
Would also be interesting to hear about results on different boot loaders.
Note that this is an unofficial build.
I will provide updates, as things are being fixed, but I don't plan to provide regular nightlies.
Instead I hope that my changes will be merged by CM, once all is working as expected.
- Installed by Asus ROM v10.6.1.15.3 (aka bootloader 4.2).
The current download does not work on the old JB 4.1 bootloader installed with Asus ROM v10.4.2.20.
Testing or fixing this is currently not a priority; even might not work at all.
Some extras I included that are not part of the official CM distribution:
- My kernel patch to make DriveDroid work. See the app thread for more details:
[APP][2.2+] DriveDroid - host ISO/IMG files to boot your PC from
- Camera is crashing since 20130430 version. Sorry!
- Audio and YouTube videos play about 9% too fast. MX Player works fine.
- [WHEN CAMERA WAS WORKING...] Setting camera to burst 20 pictures will stop after 8-14 on average.
- No radio on TF300TG.
Get the latest version:
cm-10.1-20130509-EXPERIMENTAL-tf300t.zip - 160.11 MB
Older downloads for comparison:
- cm-10.1-20130506-EXPERIMENTAL-tf300t.zip - 160.21 MB
- cm-10.1-20130430-EXPERIMENTAL-tf300t.zip - 161.95 MB
- cm-10.1-20130428-EXPERIMENTAL-tf300t.zip - 163.58 MB
- cm-10.1-20130427-EXPERIMENTAL-tf300t.zip - 163.58 MB
- Coming Soon:
Fix audio, when keyboard dock is connected; unfortunately this removes support for USB audio.
WLAN and audio working on TF300TG.
Small fix for camera, but not working yet.
Properly setting Bluetooth MAC address.
Bluetooth working fine for me.
WLAN should be stable for everyone now.
libsurfaceflinger is built from source again, the segfault is fixed.
The screen flickering is definitely gone; running really smooth now.
Updated all blobs and config files.
Included libsurfaceflinger from Asus to avoid segfault.
Include patch for DriveDroid.
Merged Asus kernel v10.6.1.15.3.
ROW scheduler is back and is default.
GPS updated and tested.
Bluetooth working, but can't re-enable once turned off.
New kernel based on Asus v10.6.1.8.4.
Some blobs and configs updated.
The latest changes from CyanogenMod are also included, but not explicitly listed.
This experimental ROM is targeted at experienced users that can help test and make it work.
If you are new to CyanogenMod and you need instructions on how to use the download, it is not for you yet. Sorry!
Building from Source
Basically you can follow the guide for building CyanogenMod with one exception.
Initialize your CyanogenMod source repository with:
repo init -u git://github.com/f69m/android -b cm-10.1-tf300t
- The whole amazing CyanogenMod team.
- jsfrk for testing and fixing issues on TF300TG.
- Asus for breaking bootloader compatibility again.