FORUMS

HTC One wi-fi keeps resetting my DLink DIR-655 router.

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Tanquen, Senior Member on 27th April 2013, 04:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Every ten or fifteen minutes when using the phone the router will reset. So I don’t just lose the wi-fi on the phone I lose my desktop internet connection. I have the latest firmware (1.35NA) for hardware version A4. ???

Someone suggested the power hog mode in the phones wi-fi settings but that no help.
27th April 2013, 09:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same issue with me? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
29th April 2013, 10:04 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I guess were just SOL. I’ve looked around on the net and the HTC One X and S had Wi-Fi issues also. This seems like kinda a big deal. Are they going to fix it or whenever you go someplace with a certain brand or router your just screwed?

I’ve had my router for some time now and none of mine or any of my friend’s laptops or phones or printers caused a problem. I was really hoping this One was the one but I guess it is getting returned.

Hackers?! Who needs em, I just walk around with my HTC phone and reboot routers.
30th April 2013, 03:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Spent some hours with Sprint and HTC but they say they have never heard of the issue and just want to replace the phone.
7th May 2013, 08:31 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Been looking around some more and it looks like the other ‘One’ models had Wi-Fi issues as well. I’ve tried some suggestions. Disabling WISH and QOS on the router seems to have made the dropout less frequent but there are still fits of them. Others also said to use WPA and not WPA2 and try a different Cipher but you should not have to do this just to get a new phone working. No other device has had an issue with my router or its settings. I guess I’m the only one though. Maybe no one uses router at home with encryption and passwords just free or open hotspots.
7th May 2013, 09:23 PM |#6  
Flag 08080
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I also have this problem and the only fix i found for it was to set my router to use wireless G only, something with wireless N was causing the reboots on my router..btw i i have a dlink extreme N router...hope this helps u

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to i3am5not8real13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift i3am5not8real13 Ad-Free
7th May 2013, 09:31 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
not to take this slightly off topic, but i have never had any good luck with dlink routers and wireless devices in general. i thought comcast was to blame for all of my internet issues, but they were all solved when i switched router brands.

not saying the phone and router shouldn't play nice, i just think the dlink brand of routers in general has these issues. cisco/linksys and even asus have worked a lot better for me. i own the dir-655 and that thing has never been able to handle wireless traffic without dropping connections constantly (to laptops, apple and lenovo, to tablets, nexus and ipad, to phones, iphones and a variety of android devices)
7th May 2013, 09:41 PM |#8  
Flag 08080
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Yeah..im actually planning on picking up a linksys router this weekend

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
7th May 2013, 11:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen

Spent some hours with Sprint and HTC but they say they have never heard of the issue and just want to replace the phone.

If the router resets, it's a router issue, it shouldn't do that, whatever bad signals are sent to it, especially if you have remote management turned off
8th May 2013, 07:43 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Lol I thought my DI-655 was defected and now I see this thread
Changed to Linksys E2500 and problem solved.
8th May 2013, 04:23 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godutch

If the router resets, it's a router issue, it shouldn't do that, whatever bad signals are sent to it, especially if you have remote management turned off

You’re are not wrong but I don’t see lots of people saying that the DIR-655’s 802.11n don’t work. I do see lots of people with HTC One, One X, and so on with Wi-Fi issues. The DIR-655 has been out for a while with no more firmware updates. No other devices have this issue and I had the DNA for a time and used it on the same router without issue. Just got a message from DLink and they just act like HTC. Have you tried other 802.11n devices it must be the phone that is at fault.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)