FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Galaxy S4 very slow wifi problem...

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By stepanooo, Member on 27th April 2013, 06:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi! I just bought S4 and my browsing using wifi is extremely slow... things like youtube, web ect. and sometimes shows no connection in browser or yt app although wifi icon shows it s connected... Checked wifi on iPhone - no problem... I am new to android system so could you please share some info how to solve this or should i return the phone... Regards, Stepanooo...

27th April 2013, 06:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No problem with wifi... work like charm..
27th April 2013, 09:56 PM |#3  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepanooo

Hi! I just bought S4 and my browsing using wifi is extremely slow... things like youtube, web ect. and sometimes shows no connection in browser or yt app although wifi icon shows it s connected... Checked wifi on iPhone - no problem... I am new to android system so could you please share some info how to solve this or should i return the phone... Regards, Stepanooo...

I had the same problem, repeated on two different GS4 phones today. I tried everything possible to figure out what was wrong but couldn't fix the problem. The phones would connect to my wireless router, but would send and receive data only intermittently. Sometimes, resetting the router, or pulling the phone's battery, or going into airplane mode would be the only ways to get the phone to actually send and receive data, but it would only work for 20 seconds - 3 minutes. Every other wireless device and wired device works on this router, except for the GS4. And the GS4s both worked in-store on their wireless network. My guess is that it's a hardware or software compatibility issue with certain routers. Oh and mobile data worked like a charm.

What kind of wireless router do you have?
27th April 2013, 10:09 PM |#4  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Maybe you need to pay your internet bill

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2013, 10:15 PM |#5  

More
My S4 has the exact same problem on a DLink 655. Works ok on other networks I have tried but on the DLink it will work for about 20 seconds and then data stops flowing. No other device I have has any issues.
27th April 2013, 10:22 PM |#6  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,168

More
To figure out whether the issues is the SGS4 or the SGS4<>your router you really need to try it from some different locations. The i9100 had tons of issues with D-Link routers so perhaps that's what's happening here. My solution when I had issues with my i9100 was to ditch D-Link forever and move to NetGear and I haven't had a problem since (at least at home).
27th April 2013, 11:09 PM |#7  
Flag cathedral city

More
s4 wifi issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

To figure out whether the issues is the SGS4 or the SGS4<>your router you really need to try it from some different locations. The i9100 had tons of issues with D-Link routers so perhaps that's what's happening here. My solution when I had issues with my i9100 was to ditch D-Link forever and move to NetGear and I haven't had a problem since (at least at home).

Hey guys my at&t S4 16 gig is having the same problems. For me it connects to my d-link 615 for about 2 or three minutes then times out. I have to turn wifi back off and on again for my wifi to kick back on. I'll do some more testing on other routers to make sure its not my s4. Hope its my dlink. If so ill get a none dlink router. Frustration as all hell.. I even connected using pin code and still the same any suggestions guys Thanks. Really don't want to return phone. Thanks
28th April 2013, 12:19 AM |#8  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabobulate

My S4 has the exact same problem on a DLink 655. Works ok on other networks I have tried but on the DLink it will work for about 20 seconds and then data stops flowing. No other device I have has any issues.

My router is a DIR-655 as well. Looks like this may be an actual issue with D-Link routers? Anybody having issues with another brand of router?

And if it IS an issue with D-Link, who's at fault for the problem? Samsung or D-Link? My 655 has been the most reliable piece of network equipment I've ever owned. It works with everything, except for a Galaxy S4...this is annoying.

Sent from my HTC Vivid.
28th April 2013, 12:38 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
glad i still have my unlimited data plan. no real reason to click the wifi button... most wifi spots i go near are more bogged down & slower than the s4 lol
28th April 2013, 01:11 AM |#10  
Flag cathedral city

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdaddy

My router is a DIR-655 as well. Looks like this may be an actual issue with D-Link routers? Anybody having issues with another brand of router?

And if it IS an issue with D-Link, who's at fault for the problem? Samsung or D-Link? My 655 has been the most reliable piece of network equipment I've ever owned. It works with everything, except for a Galaxy S4...this is annoying.

Sent from my HTC Vivid.

yeah i actually got my phone 2 days ago and right out of the box had this problem, i was on other sites saying that the s3 i900 had alot of those issues on 4.2 and 4.2.1 jellybean.. lots of users reporting that when the upgraded to 4.2 ect they started having those issues.. i hope its a jellybean issue not hardware issue.. i agree with you though i have had my d-link 655 for years and never had an issue till now.. i have my s3 and iphone 5 all running on my dlink just fine S4 not so much..
28th April 2013, 01:00 PM |#11  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Same problem here - excelent connection at 150 Mbps with my dlink dir-855, but dies quickly. wifi toggle helps. Tried a lot of settings, fixed ip/dhcp, 2.4 / 5 Ghz and etc - problem persists.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s4, problem, slow, wi-fi, wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)