FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GT-i9500] CWM 6.0.3.1 RECOVERY & ROOT (Big Update on NEW VERSION! )

365 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

By GSeeker, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 02:55 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
update 3-5-2013: the developer Cofface himself is now in XDA and posted a new verison of recovery HERE!

* All credit goes to Chinese developer Cofface *

GOOD NEWS!

This should be the easiest way to root the i9500 (yes, the so called 8-core one) by now.

Tested on FW I9500ZCUAMDG and should be working on others.

Recovery Feature:

1. Based on CWM 6.0.3.1 (Thanks CM Team!)
2. ROOT your phone

Just download the recovery and unzip it, flash the cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar as PDA in Odin.

Then turn off the phone and enter recovery by pressing Vol Up+Home+Power keys, and select ROOT YOUR PHONE, reboot, DONE.

Download: Hotfile Dropbox

update: Some Russian FW users reported this will not work, i've inform the developer Cofface and will update later if he fixed this. And here is a way to root Russian FW.

update2: I've talked to Cofface and he is on vacation now but if you need further helps, feel free to contact with him via Gtalk: cofface@gmail.com

update3: Here is a video tutorial by ashwin123, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SajfKZBjvuQ
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to GSeeker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GSeeker Ad-Free

29th April 2013, 02:59 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 with a BIG
The Following User Says Thank You to jaidev.s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaidev.s Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 03:02 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaidev.s

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 with a BIG

You're welcome, hope it helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to GSeeker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GSeeker Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 04:47 AM |#4  
Flag Nassau
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Works on my I9500!
29th April 2013, 04:55 AM |#5  
Mumbai, India
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutsumi

Works on my I9500!

So are you able to get titanium backup to work now? This root is full root right? No catch anywhere?
29th April 2013, 04:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi !!!

Good news...

But i tried, and it doesn't work.
After reboot, i see that SuperSU is installed, but it is not working. Impossible to update the binaries, and no "root applications" working.

Was a good try
The Following User Says Thank You to fsw23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fsw23 Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 04:58 AM |#7  
Flag Nassau

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsw23

Hi !!!

Good news...

After reboot, i see that SuperSU is installed, but it is not working. Impossible to update the binaries, and no "root applications" working.

Was a good try

You, good sir, probably did something wrong. Mine's working just fine with Titanium Backup Pro, rooted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-28 23.52.44.jpg
Views:	2554
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1920993  
29th April 2013, 05:01 AM |#8  
Flag Nassau

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted_mind

So are you able to get titanium backup to work now? This root is full root right? No catch anywhere?

Working just fine for me right now, see my above post.
29th April 2013, 05:04 AM |#9  
Mumbai, India

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsw23

Hi !!!

Good news...

Was a good try

Thanks bro for clarifying this. Hope chainfire gets his magic working on the I9500 soon.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote:

You, good sir, probably did something wrong. Mine's working just fine with Titanium Backup Pro, rooted.

Ah cool. Sweet. Thanks mate for clearing it out.

Gotta try it now. Will post back the results.
29th April 2013, 05:11 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted_mind

Thanks bro for clarifying this. Hope chainfire gets his magic working on the I9500 soon.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Ah cool. Sweet. Thanks mate for clearing it out.

Gotta try it now. Will post back the results.

About mine, i pushed CWM with odin, then did a reboot, clicked the "root" option, and did a reboot.That's it

BUT, my i9500 has the russian firmware, wich is : Russia - 2013 April - 4.2.2 - I9500XXUAMDK - I9500SERAMDK

It may be the "problem"..!?
29th April 2013, 05:16 AM |#11  
Mumbai, India

More
Yeah just did the process..... Unable to get my root apps to work... i have a feeling it has to do with the firmware. Mine is also the russian fw.... Gotta flash the chinese one and then see..
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i9500, recovery, root
Previous Thread Next Thread