FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,598 Vote(s)
63.95%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.61%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.45%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2019, 11:57 AM |#43651  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookster128

I didn't know calibrating the battery was a thing.

It's not ... unless you have a 10 year old device or read lots of rehashed internet articles from clueless authors. Certainly doesn't apply in this situation.

[That wasn't a shot against @Droidriven; lots of misinformation out there.]

2nd July 2019, 03:29 AM |#43652  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

It's not ... unless you have a 10 year old device or read lots of rehashed internet articles from clueless authors. Certainly doesn't apply in this situation.

[That wasn't a shot against @Droidriven; lots of misinformation out there.]

Well, damn.. lol. I did read lots of articles about calibrating the battery. Mainly, fully charge while off, fully discharge while on, do it again, and voila! Seems legit. Also read about battery apps for rooted devices; not interested. I did, however, clear the cache through stock recovery, then again through TWRPage. The attached picture should show the result.
But in case it doesn't, nothing happened. It still goes through a battery faster than berries through a goose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190701_222557.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	4786062  
2nd July 2019, 05:16 AM |#43653  
Flag Batesville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

You have the SPH-L710 Tri-brand S3, also known as d2spr refresh, not the "normal" S3 L710(d2spr)

Here is a thread for rooting and installing TWRP, use the "Second Method" described in the first post.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2787771

After you get TWRP installed, then you can flash any of the L710 d2spr custom ROMs from the Sprint S3 forum. Don't try the TouchWiz(TW) ROMs or any of the stock based modified stock ROMs, only the d2spr AOSP based, CyanogenMod based or LineageOS based ROMs. The stock based stuff might brick your device, the "true" custom ROMs won't. There is also an "APN fix" file that the tri-brand d2spr refresh S3 sometimes has to flash after flashing ROMs to get mobile data working correctly.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I needed!

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookster128

*hypnotizing voice* You want to send me the unwanted G4 Play. You know it will be treated well and can run around with my five other G4s. Namaste.

I never said it was unwanted, I said I was bored with it and actually I'm more content/satisfied with it the way it is. I've actually got my SIM card in it at this moment using it to run my WiFi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevinottjr88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kevinottjr88 Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 05:31 AM |#43654  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinottjr88

I never said it was unwanted, I said I was bored with it and actually I'm more content/satisfied with it the way it is. I've actually got my SIM card in it at this moment using it to run my WiFi.

Well, it was worth a shot. That voice always works on the cat.

The G4 Play is the reason I got into this world of repairing phones. I buy all the cheap broken ones eBay has.
5th July 2019, 07:33 AM |#43655  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How to manually lock specific 4g lte band on kirin chipset based huawei honor devices, i am unable to find any post other than for snapdragon or mtk chipsets devices.
8th July 2019, 11:50 PM |#43656  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Currently want to remove Samsung Cloud & Samsung Smart Switch from my S10+ as I use neither but they're constantly active, I'm just wondering would removing:-

Smart Switch
com.sec.android.easyMover
com.sec.android.smartswitchassistant
com.sex.android.easyMover.Agent

Samsung Cloud
com.samsung.android.scloud

have any bad affects on other apps?

I wouldn't want my Samsung account being affected for example..

Thanks
9th July 2019, 03:16 AM |#43657  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,176

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

Currently want to remove Samsung Cloud & Samsung Smart Switch from my S10+..........

You actually asked this question within the following, appreciate, thread that covers the topic of the S10+ Bloatware Removal...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3912073

... Be patient and give other members a chance to, hopefully, answer/respond to your question.

Please keep in mind that members, like myself, do perform a quick search for answers to questions here and it does get a bit perplexing when the same exact question was posted elsewhere on the same day as well.

I always try to recommend a 5-10 or even a 7-10 (+/-) day period before asking elsewhere for some assistance.

I'm not mad or anything like that. I'm just pointing this out as a Recommendation/Suggestion to help you out the best way I can.

I do wish you the best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 04:34 AM |#43658  
Flag Des Moines
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Questions About Eincar Brand Headunit Running Win CE 6.0
Greetings to all,

First, I would ask that you forgive my ignorance, for it is great. Foolishly, I purchased a Chinese made, in-dash GPS/DVD infotainment system on E-Bay last Christmas. Because of the cold where I live and my lack of access to anywhere heated to work I was unable to install it until this spring. When I tried contacting both the manufacturer as well as the seller, about any number of issues I encountered trying to understand how to use the unit. All of my inquiries were met with the same 'we're sorry' response but no technical assistance was forthcoming. I suppose I ought to just return the unit, but I can get NO response from either party on how to proceed.

Sooo, since it seems that I'm stuck, I've decided to try and make lemonade from the lemons I unknowingly bought! The trouble is despite many, many visits to the august halls of XDA and other forums as well, I haven't had any luck on finding out about any technical data regarding my unit. That is my purpose on writing this post to this thread.

Based on my monkeying around with it, I have managed to discover the following information:

The box the unit was shipped to me in has the code TH8129GN stamped on it. The listing on E-Bay (yes, the miscreants are STILL peddling their wares there and on Amazon as well). states the O/S in Win CE 6.0.

In the 'About' field of the unit itself, it states that the 'platform' (processor) is an ARM A11. Additionally, it reveals the following information:

MCU (micro-controller) is identified as: EWay 22 2018-21:39:05

OS version: V.YC002.200001.160607

App version: HDR-V3-A-THKR-2018-05-19-F

DVD version: D01145351S83100060

The GPS software is iGO8. However the iGO support staff tells me, based on the license information I sent them, that the software is pirated, a claim the seller vehemently (for a Chinese person) denies.

What I am hoping for is that one of the knowledgeable people that frequent this thread will be able to tell me what any of the foregoing gibberish means (it might as well be written in Chinese ideograms for all the sense I can make out of it - even after typing my fingers raw searching duckduckgo.com and even google (almost identical results, BTW), or if not, point me towards resources on XDA or elsewhere on the web where I can begin learning something useful about how to make this unit do simple things (such as actually display the correct date and time - mine thinks it's October of 2099 and the time varies between 2 and 3 hours off despite multiple attempt to set the calendar and clock according to the poorly written instructions that were included with my unit.

Any assistance will be most gratefully received.
12th July 2019, 06:08 PM |#43659  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, I've been trying to wipe the cache partition of my Galaxy Tab 3 GT-P5200 to update to Android 4.4.2 or install a custom rom, since the device is locked to 4.1.2, but I keep getting just "error". I've never modified the device before, nor done any weird updates or anything. Is there any way I can wipe the cache from my computer? Will a factory recovery wipe the cache? Is there anything I can do really? Any help would be really useful. Thanks in advance.
12th July 2019, 07:36 PM |#43660  
Flag Nowy Tomyśl
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Is there a way to patch boot image to use file based encryption instead full disk one?
12th July 2019, 08:57 PM |#43661  
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepcmedicinia

Greetings to all,

First, I would ask that you forgive my ignorance, for it is great. Foolishly, I purchased a Chinese made, in-dash GPS/DVD infotainment system on E-Bay last Christmas. Because of the cold where I live and my lack of access to anywhere heated to work I was unable to install it until this spring. When I tried contacting both the manufacturer as well as the seller, about any number of issues I encountered trying to understand how to use the unit. All of my inquiries were met with the same 'we're sorry' response but no technical assistance was forthcoming. I suppose I ought to just return the unit, but I can get NO response from either party on how to proceed.

Sooo, since it seems that I'm stuck, I've decided to try and make lemonade from the lemons I unknowingly bought! The trouble is despite many, many visits to the august halls of XDA and other forums as well, I haven't had any luck on finding out about any technical data regarding my unit. That is my purpose on writing this post to this thread.

Based on my monkeying around with it, I have managed to discover the following information:

The box the unit was shipped to me in has the code TH8129GN stamped on it. The listing on E-Bay (yes, the miscreants are STILL peddling their wares there and on Amazon as well). states the O/S in Win CE 6.0.

In the 'About' field of the unit itself, it states that the 'platform' (processor) is an ARM A11. Additionally, it reveals the following information:

MCU (micro-controller) is identified as: EWay 22 2018-21:39:05

OS version: V.YC002.200001.160607

App version: HDR-V3-A-THKR-2018-05-19-F

DVD version: D01145351S83100060

The GPS software is iGO8. However the iGO support staff tells me, based on the license information I sent them, that the software is pirated, a claim the seller vehemently (for a Chinese person) denies.

What I am hoping for is that one of the knowledgeable people that frequent this thread will be able to tell me what any of the foregoing gibberish means (it might as well be written in Chinese ideograms for all the sense I can make out of it - even after typing my fingers raw searching duckduckgo.com and even google (almost identical results, BTW), or if not, point me towards resources on XDA or elsewhere on the web where I can begin learning something useful about how to make this unit do simple things (such as actually display the correct date and time - mine thinks it's October of 2099 and the time varies between 2 and 3 hours off despite multiple attempt to set the calendar and clock according to the poorly written instructions that were included with my unit.

Any assistance will be most gratefully received.

There are no real sources of information to really make much sense of what cloned devices "are" and "are not". Most of the time, the device is a mash-up of various hardware.

The fact that they have "this" hardware and "this" firmware/software works with that hardware but at the same time they have "that" hardware and "that" firmware/software works with it, makes it virtually impossible to find firmware/software that works "as-is". Usually, it comes down to finding the "closest" thing you can find that works with your motherboard/cpu and then modifying the system and kernel to work with the rest of the "other" hardware that the device has.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroydork

Hello, I've been trying to wipe the cache partition of my Galaxy Tab 3 GT-P5200 to update to Android 4.4.2 or install a custom rom, since the device is locked to 4.1.2, but I keep getting just "error". I've never modified the device before, nor done any weird updates or anything. Is there any way I can wipe the cache from my computer? Will a factory recovery wipe the cache? Is there anything I can do really? Any help would be really useful. Thanks in advance.

Factory reset in recovery or factory reset in the device's system settings will both wipe cache.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)