FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,617 Vote(s)
64.09%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.49%
I don't know.

490 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2020, 05:06 AM |#44631  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Yes, if you can get a TWRP for your device to work, if one exists, you could easily fix this. That is why I asked if you were certain the device can't be recognized by PC.

The lockscreen having a password is definitely the culprit behind the encryption. Deleting the password will bypass that if you can get to it to erase it.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

i just read my sd card and thankfully its not encrypted

i just remembered something thing the last time when this happened when it was bricked i unbricked it by flashing a dload folder
do you think if i flash it again the keyboard will come up? i dont have a reason why it should come up there but im just desperate.
also will flashing the dload folder factory reset my phone?

sorry i dont know that much to begin with and its been a while since i did any of this kind of stuff

And Thank you you have been a great help i really appreciate it.<3
14th February 2020, 12:52 AM |#44632  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I don't know, I don't know the right stuff about Nokia devices, none of them. If your sources for information are reliable, I'd take their word for it. Then again, it might be possible to downgrade the device to 8.0 in the process so that the method works, but, I don't know the chances of that working, it is just a thought.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Went through the process of taking apart my Nokia 8, and short the test points for EDL.

No luck unfortunately, it didn't enter EDL immediately Only after I waited 15 minutes whilst plugged in then it came up as Qualcomm 9008 in device manager.
I'm not quite sure if that is EDL or Download Mode

14th February 2020, 01:40 AM |#44633  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,086

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia_8_fan

Went through the process of taking apart my Nokia 8, and short the test points for EDL.

No luck unfortunately, it didn't enter EDL immediately Only after I waited 15 minutes whilst plugged in then it came up as Qualcomm 9008 in device manager.
I'm not quite sure if that is EDL or Download Mode

That's EDL. I think you need to use QFIL tool. And that is more than I really know about this
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 03:58 PM |#44634  

More
What Rom type to flash
Hi i want to flash this rom https://github.com/EnesSastim/Downloads/releases but i dont know what type to flash

a64 aonly ,ab

arm64 aonly , ab

arm aonly , ab

My phone is honor 8 frd-L09

Please help me
14th February 2020, 04:59 PM |#44635  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVolgin

Hi i want to flash this rom https://github.com/EnesSastim/Downloads/releases but i dont know what type to flash

a64 aonly ,ab

arm64 aonly , ab

arm aonly , ab

My phone is honor 8 frd-L09

Please help me

Try this app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 05:09 PM |#44636  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone knows how to get gmail dark mode working on android 9 and can somebody explain why google doesn't support gmail dark mode on older android versions? I have read that there is api limitations, but that based on my minimal knowledge of android seems kind of dumb.
14th February 2020, 05:26 PM |#44637  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Try this app

Thanks Alot man
14th February 2020, 06:08 PM |#44638  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKS96

Anyone knows how to get gmail dark mode working on android 9 and can somebody explain why google doesn't support gmail dark mode on older android versions? I have read that there is api limitations, but that based on my minimal knowledge of android seems kind of dumb.

Seems that you cannot activate dark mode on any older Android version than 10. The implementation of such feature is simple, but I suppose Google wanted to keep it as an icing on the cake. Perhaps the new version for Android 10 had also introduced a couple of features that can't work on Android Pie or older. As for using Gmail with a dark theme, there's been thousands of ways to get that, unofficially of course. Most notably, Substratum worked pretty well for version between Android 5 and Android 8. Not working on Android Pie.
14th February 2020, 06:31 PM |#44639  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

Seems that you cannot activate dark mode on any older Android version than 10. The implementation of such feature is simple, but I suppose Google wanted to keep it as an icing on the cake. Perhaps the new version for Android 10 had also introduced a couple of features that can't work on Android Pie or older. As for using Gmail with a dark theme, there's been thousands of ways to get that, unofficially of course. Most notably, Substratum worked pretty well for version between Android 5 and Android 8. Not working on Android Pie.

Android 10 intruduced a systemwide dark mode. I am asking because on LOS android 9 Play Store dark mode is working, but for some reason google can't make it work in gmail app. I was just wondering what is the reason for it. I mean changing color couldn't be that hard. Even manual switch like in all the other apps would be fine. Sorry for my venting.
14th February 2020, 10:48 PM |#44640  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKS96

Android 10 intruduced a systemwide dark mode. I am asking because on LOS android 9 Play Store dark mode is working, but for some reason google can't make it work in gmail app. I was just wondering what is the reason for it. I mean changing color couldn't be that hard. Even manual switch like in all the other apps would be fine. Sorry for my venting.

Gmail dark mode works fine on my A10 Pixel 3XL. Systems dark mode is much improved over Pie for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 11:14 PM |#44641  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Gmail dark mode works fine on my A10 Pixel 3XL. Systems dark mode is much improved over Pie for me.

No I meant that on android 9 dark mode doesnt work. Myb you are using pixel device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)