FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,625 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

421 Vote(s)
16.59%
I don't know.

492 Vote(s)
19.39%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,933

Post Reply Email Thread
5th July 2020, 01:17 AM |#45141  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

There really isn't a specific place to post a question like this.

If you already know which devices you will be developing and those devices have a device specific forum here, you can post your request in each of these devices specific forum in their Q&A sub forums or in their development sub forums. You can also take a look at the developers in those forums that are developing for those devices. Find some that are currently active and send them a PM containing your proposal for their assistance and a request for suggestions of anyone they might know that might be interested in your proposal. If you are lucky, someone of them might reply.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Perfect, thank you, i was more worried it was against forum etiquette. Appreciate the help
5th July 2020, 02:08 AM |#45142  
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadamadax

Perfect, thank you, i was more worried it was against forum etiquette. Appreciate the help

They may or may not appreciate the pm, I'm just saying that posting in forums where they participate and messaging them is more likely to achieve your goal.

5th July 2020, 01:45 PM |#45143  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I accidentally deleted the FM radio app on a huawei p smart. Is there any way I can reinstall it without wiling the phone?
5th July 2020, 03:27 PM |#45144  
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegogero

I accidentally deleted the FM radio app on a huawei p smart. Is there any way I can reinstall it without wiling the phone?

Is your device rooted? I'm assuming it is since the app that you deleted was a system app.

You can download your stock firmware and extract the FM radio app from the firmware then transfer it to your device then push the apk file to your system/app folder or your system/priv-app folder. Then power the device off and boot into recovery mode and wipe the cache partition(and dalvik cache if you have custom recovery), DO NOT factory reset, when the wipe is finished, reboot the device.

Or, you can just reflash your complete stock firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
5th July 2020, 08:02 PM |#45145  

More
No, It's not rooted. that's why I was surprised, I didn't expect not to be able to install it again. It just got uninstalled by long clicking on it. As simple as an app from the play store. How can I extract it from the firmware?
5th July 2020, 10:26 PM |#45146  
Quote:

No, It's not rooted. that's why I was surprised, I didn't expect not to be able to install it again. It just got uninstalled by long clicking on it. As simple as an app from the play store. How can I extract it from the firmware?

It wasn't installed in the system partition then. You should be able to just download it and install it. What was the exact name of the app?

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Yesterday, 06:43 AM |#45147  
Thanks Meter: 1,923

More
does anyone know to downgrade android versions without a pc?
i do have a rooted xtra phone that i can run adb/fastboot on just not the "flashall.bat" that i keep reading is a windows command.
p.s. phone is an essential ph1 on android 9 that i want to downgrade to 7.
thanks for any links , pointers , ideas , etc.
dave
Yesterday, 07:36 AM |#45148  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

does anyone know to downgrade android versions without a pc?
i do have a rooted xtra phone that i can run adb/fastboot on just not the "flashall.bat" that i keep reading is a windows command.
p.s. phone is an essential ph1 on android 9 that i want to downgrade to 7.
thanks for any links , pointers , ideas , etc.
dave

No pc? There's a magisk module that enables fastboot on Android. Havent tested yet, but potentially you could use another Android device as an alternative pc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
Yesterday, 11:08 AM |#45149  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

It wasn't installed in the system partition then. You should be able to just download it and install it. What was the exact name of the app?

But where? It isn't available on the play store. I also extracted it with APK extractor from another p smart, but it doesn't let me install it.
Yesterday, 01:43 PM |#45150  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:

But where? It isn't available on the play store. I also extracted it with APK extractor from another p smart, but it doesn't let me install it.

See here officiall huawei response to this problem (https://consumer.huawei.com/en/commu...opicId_41193/)

Also, if all you are looking for is radio entertainment, you could go with tunein.
Yesterday, 02:27 PM |#45151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

See here officiall huawei response to this problem (https://consumer.huawei.com/en/commu...opicId_41193/)

Also, if all you are looking for is radio entertainment, you could go with tunein.

I already gave a look to that forum. The link provided don't work, and the solution is to reset the telephone.

An FM radio is different from tunein. In some areas there isn't coverage by internet providers, and tunein doesn't work without internet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)