FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] [UPDATE WITH SOLUTION] RUU 155 Error with HTC ONE Developer Edition

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Bosnazmaj, Senior Member on 30th April 2013, 02:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am having an issue that I have not seen before and could not find any resolve thru XDA or Google. I am attempting to restore the 64G Developer Edition with the RUU from HTC Dev and I keep getting the 155 error. I even have attempted to install thru CWM the .zip. Still no avail.
I am currently rooted, and have CWM installed. The device is obviously Bootloader unlock. What I was able to find is that it possibly could be a issue that it is bootloader unlocked as some posts suggest to have you bootloader locked to install RUU, but that is obviosely not a posibility with the dev ed.

So what am I doing wrong, or what is the issue. I have confirmed that I was using the correct RUU.

Help Appreciated

UPDATE

Ok, I figured out how to avoid the RUU 155 error. It seems that HTC for some dumb reason, although for a unlocked developer edition, we still have to lock the bootloader to utilize the RUU. Here are the steps I have done.

Although it is straight forward and easy to do, issues could always arise. I do not take any responsibility if things go wrong. Educate yourself first before attempting anything. If you do not know what you are doing, then don't do it.

Before Starting.

Make sure you have the latest HTC Drivers. You can use hasoon2000 HTC All-In-One Toolkit to complete that. That can be found at HTC One All-In-One Toolkit

Get the appropriate RUU from HTC Dev

1. Lock your bootloader through by booting into hoot and then going into fastboot and issuing the command fasboot oem lock.

2. Once locked, reboot your system.

3. Open RUU and follow onscreen instructions.

Notice, this will delete all of the files on the system so do this on your own cognition

4. Let the RUU do its thing. If you get an error during the process, such as 152, simply try again. I had it happen once. The phone was stuck on the black HTC screen with four triangles with exclamation points in each corner. If this happens you will not be able to reboot your phone. Simply relaunch RUU and it should reinstall it. If you get error 155 again, then you have not re-locked your bootloader.

3.Once you have successfully reinstalled the rom, you have to register with the HTC Dev to re-unlock your bootloader if that is what you want. The easiest to do this I found was by using the HTC One All-In-One Toolkit. It is a great tool and will help you with majority of things that I have mentioned above, including locking your bootloader. Follow the steps on the toolkit and you'll be all set. The Toolkit can be found here HTC One All-In-One Toolkit

If you found this helpful, click thanks. Also hit thanks to hasoon2000 for creating the toolkit.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bosnazmaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bosnazmaj Ad-Free

30th April 2013, 02:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,885

More
Gotta re lock your bootloader

fastboot oem lock
The Following User Says Thank You to 18th.abn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 18th.abn Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 02:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag World

More
I got relock it even though it came unlocked? How would I unlock it again since I don't have the tokens from HTC development, or is the ruu gonna do that by itself.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
2nd June 2013, 01:09 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I was having same issues as OP. After using the lock command, the update got longer. The black HTC screen even got as far as a progress bar. Well I now got ERROR 152 saying I should get the correct RUU. I am sure I have the right one, because there is only ONE developer edition RUU file from htcdev.com

Problem now is, I have the black HTC screen with warning signs on each corner.

One thing I saw on a video is you are supposed to restore to the same version? I had updated OTA Z(1.29.1540.16) to the latest which I cant get an RUU for. The RUU available is 1.29.1540.3 no other available. What do I do now? HTC One Dev Edition stuck on black screen with warning signs on all corners.

All I can see now is a scren that says:

***TAMPERED***
***RELOCKED***

bunch of numbers and letters in green and

RUU in orange
2nd June 2013, 01:18 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag World

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schn1tt3r

I was having same issues as OP. After using the lock command, the update got longer. The black HTC screen even got as far as a progress bar. Well I now got ERROR 152 saying I should get the correct RUU. I am sure I have the right one, because there is only ONE developer edition RUU file from htcdev.com

Problem now is, I have the black HTC screen with warning signs on each corner.

One thing I saw on a video is you are supposed to restore to the same version? I had updated OTA to the latest which I cant get an RUU for. What do I do now? HTC One Dev Edition stuck on black screen with warning signs on all corners.

When I was doing it, the first time I got the 152 error. I simply just redid it and it accepted it on the second try. Trying relaunching RUU that you have and try the install again. That's at least how it worked with me.
2nd June 2013, 01:31 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnazmaj

When I was doing it, the first time I got the 152 error. I simply just redid it and it accepted it on the second try. Trying relaunching RUU that you have and try the install again. That's at least how it worked with me.

Did you get that black HTC screen with warning signs on each corner? I am re-running the RUU, hope it works or I just lost $650.

EDIT: You used RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.29.1540.3.exe right? Were you already OTA updated? I wonder why htcdev web says BrightstarUS for the dev edition instead of something else...

EDIT2: Its on that black screen with loading thing again... still exclamation marks on every corner... hope this works or else it won't be a nice first experience with Android coming from iOS lol and I've jailbroken and tinkered on those devices for so long.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Yeah 2nd attempt the same error 152. I just lost $650 right?

The green bar goes all the way to the end, it sends it all, but it doesnt reboot. It just gets error. What else can I try? Device isnt even 3 days old.

Did it a third time, after Updating Radio, thats where the error appears.
2nd June 2013, 02:00 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag World

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schn1tt3r

Did you get that black HTC screen with warning signs on each corner? I am re-running the RUU, hope it works or I just lost $650.

EDIT: You used RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.29.1540.3.exe right? Were you already OTA updated? I wonder why htcdev web says BrightstarUS for the dev edition instead of something else...

EDIT2: Its on that black screen with loading thing again... still exclamation marks on every corner... hope this works or else it won't be a nice first experience with Android coming from iOS lol and I've jailbroken and tinkered on those devices for so long.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Yeah 2nd attempt the same error 152. I just lost $650 right?

The green bar goes all the way to the end, it sends it all, but it doesnt reboot. It just gets error. What else can I try? Device isnt even 3 days old.

Did it a third time, after Updating Radio, thats where the error appears.

What was the software version that it came with. Was it with the most recent one? I think 1.29.401.16 one?
2nd June 2013, 02:15 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnazmaj

What was the software version that it came with. Was it with the most recent one? I think 1.29.401.16 one?

It came with the .3 and I did OTA to .16

The RUU you can get online from their web is only .3

===============================

Ok so... that black HTC screen accepts "fastboot" commands.

I downloaded the .ZIP version of the Developer Edition OS.

I went in command prompt, I typed

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_JB_50_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.29.1540.3.z ip

****GOT AN ERROR*****
Code:
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
.... so again:

fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_JB_50_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.29.1540.3.z ip

10 minutes later

fastboot reboot

Oh my was I happy to see the white HTC Startup.
2nd June 2013, 02:27 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I also have same phone de it shouldnt be tamperd relocked it should be only relocked

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
2nd June 2013, 02:29 AM |#10  

More
I find it funny now far Computer OS's have come and yet we always have to go back to good old DOS Command Prompt to fix things.

BTW, my phone now has bootloader RELOCKED due to the fastboot oem lock command, should I send the phone back just like that or unlock bootloader before sending it back?

I guess to Unlock bootloader again, I have to follow same instructions as if it were an AT&T version right? Did you UNLOCK yours again OP?
2nd June 2013, 02:42 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag World

More
U sending it back to HTC?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dev, ruu htc one

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)