FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GT-I9500] Kernel Auto-Root & recovery for russian i9500XXUAMDK and i9500XXUAMDE. PIT

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By Ivan_Belarus, Member on 1st May 2013, 12:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

All Russians can follow this link: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=21639622 with guides in russian.

Since I found here on XDA my kernel taken from russian forum I decided to open this thread.

For those who need classic root on I9500 (SER) I have built the kernel with root and hereafter 3 files attached for you:

1. Kernel (insecure) with root (SuperSU, busybox). (boot.img.tar). Kernel (zImage) is not modified.
2. Recovery (recovery_exp.tar) from cofface.
3. Stock kernel (Kernel_XXUADMK.tar)

How to obtain the root:
1. Flash boot.img.tar via Odin as PDA
2. Reboot, then start SuperSU. It will ask to update binary. Tap "yes". That's all. You have a root access.
3. If you need fresher version of SuperSU, you may always update it via GooglePlay then update binary via SuperSU.
4. Then, if you need modified recovery, you may flash recovery_exp.tar (via Odin as PDA) or another suitable recovery.
5. If you need OTA, Kies update etc you may keep root with official kernel. In this case you don't flash the recovery and after step #3 you flash the stock kernel back. It removes "Custom" status.

Enjoy.

boot.img.tar
Recovery_EXP.tar
Kernel_XXUADMK.tar
stock_kernel_XXUAMDE.tar

P.S. boot.img.tar is not the latest build of russian XXUAMDK kernel. latest XXUAMDK has restrictive SELinux and cannot be rooted in that way.

stock_kernel_XXUAMDK.tar - this is restrictive kernel. You will lose the root.

UPD: XXUAMDK Kernel with root (based on Samsung Update 1): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=20

UPD: pit file taken from russian I9500 (same as Indian one) I9500_RU.tar - this is not a tarball archive. Just change .tar extension on .pit

UPD: XXUAMDK Kernel with root (based on Samsung Update 1). busybox, su, superuser, SELinux disabled, exFAT.
Credits to: wanam, AndreiLux for the config.
Osolemio_1105_exFAT_Autoroot_SE_Dis_XXUAMDK(U1).tar
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Ivan_Belarus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ivan_Belarus Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 03:34 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 30,064

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_Belarus

Hello,

All Russians can follow this link: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=21639622 with guides in russian.

As I found here on XDA my kernel taken from russian forum I decided to open this thread.

For those who need classic root on I9500 (SER) I have built the kernel with root and hereafter 3 files attached for you:

1. Kernel (insecure) with root (SuperSU, busybox). (boot.img.tar). Kernel (zImage) is not modified.
2. Recovery (recovery_exp.tar) from cofface.
3. Stock kernel (Kernel_XXUADMK.tar)

How to obtain the root:
1. Flash boot.img.tar via Odin as PDA
2. Reboot, then start SuperSU. It will ask to update binary. Tap "yes". That's all. You have a root access.
3. If you need fresher version of SuperSU, you may always update it via GooglePlay then update binary via SuperSU.
4. Then, if you need modified recovery, you may flash recovery_exp.tar (via Odin as PDA)
5. If you need OTA, Kies update etc you may keep root with official kernel. In this case you don't flash the recovery and after step #3 you flash back the stock kernel.

Enjoy.

Great idea Ivan, it's working great with my repacked DME kernel too.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2013, 04:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks for the root! Can you please post stock Kernel for i9500XXUAMDE....I've rooted previously using cofface method, and now not gettnig OTA updates. Software update says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available". Is there a way I can fool Samsung servers and start getting OTA updates.
1st May 2013, 04:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks Ivan. Does flashing the stock kernel back remove the 'Custom' status, the boot screen with the lock icon?
1st May 2013, 04:32 AM |#5  
Flag hoshiarpur
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_dbm

Thanks for the root! Can you please post stock Kernel for i9500XXUAMDE....I've rooted previously using cofface method, and now not gettnig OTA updates. Software update says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available". Is there a way I can fool Samsung servers and start getting OTA updates.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....otarootkeeper this app will be useful for getting ota updates while your phone is rooted

Sent from my GALAXY RoYaL
The Following User Says Thank You to amar1548 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amar1548 Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 05:29 AM |#6  
Flag Dar Es salaam
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Hello the rootkeeper doesnot help in getting OTA update, maybe I am doing something wrong

1st May 2013, 09:04 AM |#7  
Mumbai, India
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Thumbs up Awesome !!
Just flashed this on the indian rom i9500XXUAMDE. Root works like a friggin charm!!!

Many many heartfelt thanks to the OP who put in the effort for this. With Chainfire on vacation, i was anxious on when a root would be available....

Thanks... Thanks... Thanks
1st May 2013, 10:29 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Minsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_dbm

Russian XXUAMDE kernel is not available as boot.img yet. I guess you may flash MDK instead or wait for a while.
1st May 2013, 11:27 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Minsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuanVantu

Thanks Ivan. Does flashing the stock kernel back remove the 'Custom' status

Yes, it does. Status becomes "Official". At least here in Russia
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan_Belarus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ivan_Belarus Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 04:54 PM |#10  
Flag 16
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Can we use Framaroot app for root Galaxy S4 i-9500? is Galaxy S4 i-9500 have exynos cpu? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276
1st May 2013, 05:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanam

Great idea Ivan, it's working great with my repacked DME kernel too.

@wanam when are you posting your Rom for I9500.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i9500, pit, root, russian

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)