FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

For those of you deleting internal data in TWRP

549 posts
Thanks Meter: 184

By youkosnake, Senior Member on 1st May 2013, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For one, stop doing that. but, mistakes are made, so here are a couple ways to get around not having a Mount Internal Storage option in TWRP

Okay guys. a lot of you seem to have issues, as did I when I first attempted. If you happen to wipe your internal memory here are a couple ways to go about fixing that.

here's a step by step. make sure you have USB debugging on.

METHOD 1, RESTORE TO STOCK UNROOTED, LOCKED(then start over from scratch I suppose.)

Download the AIO Tool Kit and extract. anywhere
Hasoons AIO Toolkit

Download the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_encrypted_ROM.zip and rename it to something short such as lol.zip(that's what I used, just rename it lol, not lol.zip, if you rename to lol.zip it will show up as lol.zip.zip.) and place it at the root of your c:/ drive, so c:/lol.zip

Navigate to the AIO toolkit folder you extracted, Open the One.exe. At the bottom, click reboot into bootloader and then do command.

Hold shift and right click then click Open Command Window Here.

when the command line opens up type

fastboot oem lock

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip c:/lol.zip

If you get a message about flushing, then retype the last command, "fastboot flash zip c:/lol.zip"and it should work

METHOD 2, ADB SIDELOAD A ROM USING hasoon's AIO toolkit.

Try sideloading the rom.

Unlock bootloader and install twrp

Download your rom, Open up hasoons AIO toolkit and select sideload a rom.

The AIO will ask you to boot into recovery and hit sideload.

On your One, go to advanced settings, sideload a rom.

Next you can navigate to the rom on your PC with AIO and select rom. I used vipers. It will sideload it for you and start to flash in TWRP
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to youkosnake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift youkosnake Ad-Free

1st May 2013, 03:28 AM |#2  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,900

Donate to Me
More
Whats the issue happening here? When doing a factory reset(clean wipe) its wiping everything?
1st May 2013, 03:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david279

Whats the issue happening here? When doing a factory reset(clean wipe) its wiping everything?

Negative. I'm finding a ridiculous amount of posts in other threads about people ACCIDENTALLY wiping their internal storage. The only thing that will wipe internal storage is selecting internal storage in advanced wipe settings. not a bugs fault. Its pebkac.
The Following User Says Thank You to youkosnake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift youkosnake Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 03:32 AM |#4  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,900

Donate to Me
More
Ok i see. I know its a option in advance wiping now but why would people even select that?
1st May 2013, 03:33 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david279

Ok i see. I know its a option in advance wiping now but why would people even select that?

Lack of attention to detail. It really is scary how many people have posted in so many different threads about it. I know some are by simple mistake, but its getting crazy.
1st May 2013, 04:12 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Attention to detail may have found your thread in the Q/A, help and troubleshooting forum where it belongs. Just saying...
Please be kind to others, Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to budroux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift budroux Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 04:22 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm fairly certain QA Help & troubleshooting is for asking for help and troubleshooting.

Needless to say I am being nice. I'm posting this to help these people.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
1st May 2013, 04:28 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Offering to help like you do says a ton for sure. Thanks! I believe one of the guys over there hit on a fix for his phone which is pretty sweet too.
1st May 2013, 04:46 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Indeed. TWRP ADV side load wasn't working with his device but CWM Side load did!

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
1st May 2013, 05:37 AM |#10  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 11,877

Donate to Me
More
I have not had any problems(knock on wood) using superwipe
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sloth Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 10:47 AM |#11  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 507

More
One problem with your instructions. If the user has changed their folder options to show file extensions, then renaming the file to lol (without the .zip) will create a file lol with no extension. Might want to add some additional instructions in there to cover that scenario.

Sent from my HTC One running ViperROM One using Tapatalk v2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)