Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Thanks, worked great for my model:

Model: S18-03-201302-4gb-00905
Android version: 4.1.1
Kernel: 3.0.36+ (2 feb. 2013)
Build: S18-02-RKV1.8-20130202
The Following User Says Thank You to philenotfound For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift philenotfound Ad-Free
11th February 2014, 04:57 PM |#32  

More
[ROOT, CWM] JXD S18-03-xxxx RK2926 mini pad [Guide]
Hello, I was wondering where I can find a custom rom for a JXD S18-01-xxxx. It is dissapointing that the firmware provided by JXD is just bad. I just tried Skelrom ICS for JXD S601 (which has the same hardware as the S18), it did boot up but unfortunately the touchscreen doesnt recognize any input. Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to jon cash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jon cash Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 05:46 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon cash

Hello, I was wondering where I can find a custom rom for a JXD S18-01-xxxx. It is dissapointing that the firmware provided by JXD is just bad. I just tried Skelrom ICS for JXD S601 (which has the same hardware as the S18), it did boot up but unfortunately the touchscreen doesnt recognize any input. Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

To be honest i have no idea how to fix this. Have you tried to play around with build.prop? Maybe this can solve the issue. I'm not sure but you can give it a try. Btw modifying the current rom isn't that hard since you can extract the rom(firmware update) by JXD and update(flash) it on your S18.
I actually don't think that it will get any better since the firmware is already stripped to the bare minimum. And the hardware is the minimal to run 4.1 on.

Good luck through.
2nd March 2014, 08:38 PM |#34  

More
[ROOT, CWM] JXD S18-03- xxxx RK2926 mini pad [Guide]
Hi NitrOwow,
Thanks for the feedback. Ive been learning the ropes of building my own custom rom just recently. Ive also gotten Build Prop Editor to try and mess around abit. I notice that the JXD firmware provided has apps that I probably wont use like Email, Google Latitude, etc. My goal is to get a working rom as lean as possible with the least amount of resources, while cutting down on the battery drain. Any ideas how to do it?
1st April 2014, 09:33 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hi NitrOwow,
Thanks for the feedback. Ive been learning the ropes of building my own custom rom just recently. Ive also gotten Build Prop Editor to try and mess around abit. I notice that the JXD firmware provided has apps that I probably wont use like Email, Google Latitude, etc. My goal is to get a working rom as lean as possible with the least amount of resources, while cutting down on the battery drain. Any ideas how to do it?

How i did this was simple, change the settings of the play store so it wont update/download anything again. Then remove all gaps(google apps) and other trash, reboot and it should work much smoother. However this will not solve the fast battery draining. The battery in this device is just as poor as a dead one that had lasted over 2 years with over 500 charges(end of life, cells are dead). It has a battery life of maybe two and an half hour. The only options would be to replace it with a higher quality lithium ion battery. It's just 3.7vdc with protection ic. So you can replace it with nearly any battery not sure if you have to watch out for the Whr not sure if this plays a role in releasing the magic smoke or not to be honest. Maybe ask someone else this question, i personally don't have enough experience with phone batteries to answer this question correctly..
The Following User Says Thank You to NiTrOwow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NiTrOwow Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 09:29 AM |#36  

More
[ROOT, CWM] JXD S18-03-xxxx RK2926 mini pad [Guide]
Update: I have seen the sysctl mod to help increase batter life, but unfortunately, the is no sysctl.conf and init.d folder, so I had to make my own. However this doesn't work as the values seem to be set via init.rc. I have an ampe a78 and zenithink n6, and these two can clock over two days of battery with conservative usage without any mods. And the e3 (or 3e) bootloader seems to be locked, thwarting any attempt to flash a new rom. Should I try editing the boot.img? Though I'm not sure if jxd allows that. Thanks in advance.
2nd August 2014, 06:43 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by springning

Could you tell me, where to buy

http://www.dx.com/p/jxd-s18-4-3-resi...r-black-161536

Quote:

Update: I have seen the sysctl mod to help increase batter life, but unfortunately, the is no sysctl.conf and init.d folder, so I had to make my own. However this doesn't work as the values seem to be set via init.rc. I have an ampe a78 and zenithink n6, and these two can clock over two days of battery with conservative usage without any mods. And the e3 (or 3e) bootloader seems to be locked, thwarting any attempt to flash a new rom. Should I try editing the boot.img? Though I'm not sure if jxd allows that. Thanks in advance.

Don't know man if its possible it is indeed locked but didn't go any further then rooting it as i only needed root to run some apps on it and have some fun.
20th May 2020, 03:51 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I've unearthed my near fossilized Audiosonic 7 T17B POS which seems to be running sluggish and in need of a battery replacement, but otherwise in surprisingly decent quality condition.

Im completely new to all this, and am just throwing myself at as much research as possible, and am hoping to do quite a bit to this little relic to give it new life & purpose, but its clear a new OS is absolutely in order. (The apps setup dont even offer option to change permission settings) However, there is very little info out there regarding teardowns, OS, etc for me to go by, so Im kinda stuck just figuring out general device parts and requirements and going from there.

I have a few Qs:

1. Does this all still work? And if so, do the same steps apply for, and supported by, Windows 10?
2. Is there a newer version of android that I can load, or can you recommend a custom rom for my device specs?
3. Does this custom recovery work for any kind of OS like Linux, or just Android and Kernel supported OS?
4. Do you know where I can find more info regarding any of this? As I mentioned, this seems to have been a rather limited and undocumented device and is now obsolete... and short of jacking up the battery and installing it in the car, I cant think of anything else to do with it without a system overhaul.

Device:
Audiosonic 7" T17B
Android: Jellybean 4.1.1
Kernel Version:
3.0.36+
"[email protected] #142" (whatever that means)
Build Number:
RK292X_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.01.00
Rk2926sdk-eng.4.1.1_20130918
(Can provide more info if needed)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)