FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,211 Vote(s)
59.22%
Yes, kind of.

483 Vote(s)
23.62%
No, needs improvement.

351 Vote(s)
17.16%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

14,332 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,170

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yesterday, 08:24 PM |#30901  
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungCust20

How do I add an image on my desktop to this thread?

You'll find an option to attach files included images through the controls when you start or reply a post.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannes22

Hi Guys,

i am currently flashing different GSI to my Galaxy A20e.
Since the experimental TWRP only worked after i flashed an Adroid 9 based Stock firmware, i was until now also only able to flash Pie based GSI using TWRP.

The Q Based GSI won´t boot.

Does it make a difference wich stock FW i flashed before installing TWRP and flashing the GSI.
Is a flashed Q Stock FW required to install Q based GSI?

As far as i thought the Stock FW does not affect these parts, since i was able to flash the GSI even after breaking the installed FW.. but i am just a little Newbie

Thanks in advance!

Similarly that Pie based GSIs require a stock Pie firmware also Android 10 based GSIs most likely require Android 10 stock firmware as base.
Specifically bootloader and modem are used to boot and run properly, it might be required too a modded kernel to achieve it.
I guess the A20e was updated to Android 10.
Yesterday, 09:59 PM |#30902  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

You'll find an option to attach files included images through the controls when you start or reply a post.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Similarly that Pie based GSIs require a stock Pie firmware also Android 10 based GSIs most likely require Android 10 stock firmware as base.
Specifically bootloader and modem are used to boot and run properly, it might be required too a modded kernel to achieve it.
I guess the A20e was updated to Android 10.

Thank you very much, this really helps me to understand!
Yes the A20e was shipped with Q based Firmware BUT i was since then not able to install twrp, it only worked with Pie based stock rom.

I will flash the Q based stock rom and test installing the GSI via ADB.
Today, 02:08 AM |#30903  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungCust20

I know nothing about this issue I am having I could not figure out how to post a picture of what my screen looks like and I cannot get into the phone at all, I tried holding down volume with power and I cannot get it into safe mode or some one mentioned download mode, I cannot get to that part. I don't know what flashing and what Odin and firmware, all over my head.

Odin is very easy to use, just do a Google search for:

"How to flash Samsung S10e via Odin"

That will find all kinds of videos and tutorials for using Odin, the process is the same for all Samsung device other than the fact that older devices have an all-in-one firmware and newer devices have a 4 part or 5 part firmware, yours will certainly be a 4 or 5 part firmware.

If you have a 5 part firmware, one of those parts will be an additional CSC file, you want to use the Home CSC and exclude the other CSC.

All you really need is to download the firmware that I linked for you, then install the USB drivers for Samsung phones(Google search S10e USB drivers), restart PC, then install Odin(Google search Odin for Windows), then enable developer options(Google search enable developer options), then enable USB debugging in developer options(Google search enable USB debugging), charge battery to full, boot into download mode(press and hold volume down+home+power), open Odin on PC, connect phone to PC, place firmware files in their correct places in Odin, click Start and let it flash. If you find an easy to understand guide tutorial or video, it will explain these steps more directly.

It's amazing what a few simple and to the point Google searches will find for you.

The only danger you are risking is if you use a firmware for the wrong device or if you disconnect device during flashing or otherwise disturb the connection(do not do this under any circumstances), as long as your model number is G970U and you flash a G970U firmware, you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)