Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread
Apr 25, 2013
Harbir, sorry to get you in trouble, good that is all ok now :good:
But still think that you didnt understand my question, I will try to search more to find a solution

B

Bruce Wayne

Harbir, sorry to get you in trouble, good that is all ok now :good:
But still think that you didnt understand my question, I will try to search more to find a solution

AFAIK there isn't any app for android which can remotely transfer files from one server to other host. You'll have to download and upload again. Also share here if you get something like that. I'd also like to have it.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

JessiDarklighter

May 4, 2013
a13 with internal bluetooth

Please don't bash me, I have been looking for this answer for over a week and have yet to find a complete set of instructions...

Ok, I have an Allwinner a13b Q88 tablet WITH internal bluetooth. I have updated it to JB using cyanogenmod. What I need to do is figure out what files I need and where to get them to be able to access the bluetooth in the os settings. I know I need a bluetooth.ko, and at the very least I need to edit the settings box, or replace it with one that already uses bluetooth. Do I need a bluetooth.ko specifically compiled for jelly bean? Where can I find it? Are there any other files I need?

P.S, I have already looked through the init files, and the call to start dbus and bluetoothd are there, so it should be just the matter of adding the drivers and settings. All I need is to know where to look to find these. THANK YOU in advance.

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Please don't bash me, I have been looking for this answer for over a week and have yet to find a complete set of instructions...

Ok, I have an Allwinner a13b Q88 tablet WITH internal bluetooth. I have updated it to JB using cyanogenmod. What I need to do is figure out what files I need and where to get them to be able to access the bluetooth in the os settings. I know I need a bluetooth.ko, and at the very least I need to edit the settings box, or replace it with one that already uses bluetooth. Do I need a bluetooth.ko specifically compiled for jelly bean? Where can I find it? Are there any other files I need?

P.S, I have already looked through the init files, and the call to start dbus and bluetoothd are there, so it should be just the matter of adding the drivers and settings. All I need is to know where to look to find these. THANK YOU in advance.

You've already searched hmmm..., have you looked in you're device forum if there is one?
Also try searching for generic or universal drivers as these may work also.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hopefully you get this resolved:):beer:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

sboman_32

Nov 8, 2010
Henagar
Paranoid Android 3 Help

Hey guys I'm a long time CyanogenMod user that recently decided to try something new with Paranoid Android. I installed the zip, did a factory reset, wiped dalvik,cache and rebooted. After going through the usual setup screens (welcome, wifi, google,) I'm being met with a "Unfortunatley, System UI has stopped notification over and over again (the phone is basically unusable). It seems the only way I can make this go away is by going in to Paranoidandroid settings and changing it to the 3rd Tablet UI option which turns the device 250DPI/1000p. Anyone have a fix for this?

B

Bruce Wayne

Hey guys I'm a long time CyanogenMod user that recently decided to try something new with Paranoid Android. I installed the zip, did a factory reset, wiped dalvik,cache and rebooted. After going through the usual setup screens (welcome, wifi, google,) I'm being met with a "Unfortunatley, System UI has stopped notification over and over again (the phone is basically unusable). It seems the only way I can make this go away is by going in to Paranoidandroid settings and changing it to the 3rd Tablet UI option which turns the device 250DPI/1000p. Anyone have a fix for this?

You should ask this question in the thread of the rom (PA) you are using. Those people might have experienced this issue and probably have solutions also.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

B

Bruce Wayne

I tried to ask this question there but I haven't broke the 10 post threshold so XDA won't let me.

Search for your problem in, that thread. If its been discussed, you'll find it. If not, make a thread in q&a section of your device. Or either PM the dev.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
Bricked? twice...

just got back to 4.1.1
want to put in hyperdrive ROM
requires 4.1.2?
can i take the OTA and keep root?
is there another way if it matters.....like i said Twice this week....

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
Up and running, can not push all thank buttons, thanks developers here on XDA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

nlygamz

Dec 5, 2012
Mumbai
Is there any way to develop a Rom without using kitchen...... As kitchen has proven unhelpful..... I am using Samsung Galaxy S advance..

Also is it possible to create a rom using OFFICIAL JB rom provided by Samsung? (it is in md5 format)

A guide would be helpful

Sorry for the noobish question......and thanks in advance

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Is there any way to develop a Rom without using kitchen...... As kitchen has proven unhelpful..... I am using Samsung Galaxy S advance..

Also is it possible to create a rom using OFFICIAL JB rom provided by Samsung? (it is in md5 format)

A guide would be helpful

Sorry for the noobish question......and thanks in advance

Yes it's possible without kitchen. The easiest way to develop a Rom is to look for a stock deodexed version of the official for a base. You'll want an apk tool, I prefer to use team rejectz quick fix. There are a ton of guides on how to create a Rom, a quick search will turn up a few. Just pick the one that's easiest to follow for you:beer:

Reactions: nlygamz

nlygamz

Dec 5, 2012
Mumbai
Yes it's possible without kitchen. The easiest way to develop a Rom is to look for a stock deodexed version of the official for a base. You'll want an apk tool, I prefer to use team rejectz quick fix. There are a ton of guides on how to create a Rom, a quick search will turn up a few. Just pick the one that's easiest to follow for you:beer:

So any stock deodexed rom can be used as a base?

What about when I wanna port a rom? For eg. i wanna port a rom from SGS2 which has the similar resolution as SGSA but different chip.... SGSA has novathor......whereas SGS2 has exynos....

So which OS is good for building a rom without kitchend? is that what they call building from source? Can you provide me a link to the team rejectz quick fix?

LAST QUESTION: What is an AOSP rom and Can a STOCK DEODEXED ROM BE USED AS A BASE ROM WHEN CREATING A ROM AND PORTING A ROM?

Thanx in advance bro.....I know it is a lot of questions..... :cowboy: :)

lcrjames

May 6, 2013
HELP... How to delete failed OTA update files??? (Software update problems)...

Hi,

Hope this is the right section and that someone can help. (I have tried searching but no joy!)

I have a Samsung Galaxy ACE (GT-S5830i) which I have rooted but I am still on the stock rom/gingerbread 2.3.6

Today my phone said an update is available, so I connected to WiFi and downloaded the 30.14mb update, the update fails to install and I have now found out from searching that you cannot do a software update OTA once you are rooted, D'oh!!

So I now want to know how do I get rid of the 30mb update that I downloaded from my internal storage?! Can I simply delete it from the appropriate file, if so what is the folder/file called? or is it not as simple that?

If this 30mb update that didn't work cannot be simply deleted using my file manager app, then should I unroot my phone, and then try and update OTA again? and then root my phone once more? Would that work?!

Thanks for your help, this has really annoyed me and in hindsight I wouldn't have bothered to do the software update if I had known rooted phones cant update!!! And its also very frustrating that my internal storage has now got 30mb less space than before because I downloaded this update. I really hope its just a case of finding it and deleting it!

Thanks again,
James

B

Bruce Wayne

So any stock deodexed rom can be used as a base?

What about when I wanna port a rom? For eg. i wanna port a rom from SGS2 which has the similar resolution as SGSA but different chip.... SGSA has novathor......whereas SGS2 has exynos....

So which OS is good for building a rom without kitchend? is that what they call building from source? Can you provide me a link to the team rejectz quick fix?

LAST QUESTION: What is an AOSP rom and Can a STOCK DEODEXED ROM BE USED AS A BASE ROM WHEN CREATING A ROM AND PORTING A ROM?

Thanx in advance bro.....I know it is a lot of questions..... :cowboy: :)

AOSP roms or CM roms are to be compiled from sources. When you make a normal rom, you juat theme a deodexed version of stock rom.

To port a rom based on CM/AOSP from other device to yours, you will need to take a precompiled CM/AOSP for your device as a base. You can theme on any os, but to compile you'll have to use either linux or iOS.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

B

Bruce Wayne

Hi,

Hope this is the right section and that someone can help. (I have tried searching but no joy!)

I have a Samsung Galaxy ACE (GT-S5830i) which I have rooted but I am still on the stock rom/gingerbread 2.3.6

Today my phone said an update is available, so I connected to WiFi and downloaded the 30.14mb update, the update fails to install and I have now found out from searching that you cannot do a software update OTA once you are rooted, D'oh!!

So I now want to know how do I get rid of the 30mb update that I downloaded from my internal storage?! Can I simply delete it from the appropriate file, if so what is the folder/file called? or is it not as simple that?

If this 30mb update that didn't work cannot be simply deleted using my file manager app, then should I unroot my phone, and then try and update OTA again? and then root my phone once more? Would that work?!

Thanks for your help, this has really annoyed me and in hindsight I wouldn't have bothered to do the software update if I had known rooted phones cant update!!! And its also very frustrating that my internal storage has now got 30mb less space than before because I downloaded this update. I really hope its just a case of finding it and deleting it!

Thanks again,
James

Hi,
I don't know why the ota update has not worked for you as I never had any problems updating with a rooted phone. It will not work if you have installed a custom recovery. As of now, I don't know where the update is stored and it can be deleted or not, you can flash a stock rom from odin, update the firmware to latest available and then root it again.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II