HTC introduced SmartSync with Sense ICS (all devices)
Unfortunately HTC messed it up again because there is no interface to control this feature.
HTC SmartSync forces the WiFi and data connections to disconnect after 15 minutes screen off time between the hours of 00:00 and 07:00 am.
For some this isn't an issue and can ignore this thread, but for some it is important to have a constant data or WiFi connection during night (for example so that mail can sync etc).
This app is built using the HTC OpenSense SDK and works as a simple toggle to disable HTC SmartSync allowing you full control over your data and WiFi states. It works on all devices running ICS Sense 3.6 and above (note: I have not tested it on Sense 5 but in theory it should work). Unlike the original app by j4n87 or indeed the venom tweak for this, this app does actually work on JellyBean.
This app does not require root.
The PRO version of this app adds the ability to reboot the device directly from the app (this feature does require root access).Disclaimer:
I am not responsible if your data connection still disconnects and you miss important mails etc.
- Works on Android Ice Cream Sandwich and JellyBean
- Supports HTC Sense 4.0 to Sense 5
- Built using the HTC OpenSense SDK
- Additional screenshots can be seen on Google Play Store
- Fixed checkboxes remaining checked after reboot when before reboot they were unchecked.
- Possible fixes for where the app didn't work on several devices.
- Other minor code changes and fixes.
- Added ability for Mobile Data and WiFi SmartSync to be disabled independently from each other.
- Dropped Sense 3.6 support (was causing me too many headaches).
- Reduced the size of the app.
- [PRO ONLY] Added ability to reboot the phone directly from the app without requiring root access.
- Added Chinese translation (thanks to kinghunki).
- Added kinghunki to the About tab.
- Added Russian translation.
- Changed some strings so they are now grammatically correct
- Fixed long press of the banner image opening a "ContextMenu" popup
- Fixed background of the banner image to be textured and HTC List style
- Complete code overhaul.
- Fixes Force Close as well as a bunch of other potential issues.
- Code cleaned a lot.
- Added hardware acceleration
- Fixed all other issues I'm currently aware of.
- Initial Release
ROM makers feel free to include this app in your ROM, however you must abide by the following conditions:
- You are only allowed to include the free version, do not include the pro version.
- You are not to modify the app in any way.
- You are not to change the credits page or any of the images.
- You are to give proper credits and link to this thread.Credits:
- mikrosmile for his OpenSense SDK guide, help and seemingly unlimited patience
- j4n87 for the original SmartSync Disabler app