Thanks Meter: 139

By bubblesmoney, Senior Member on 6th May 2013, 11:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2014, 05:05 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mista.maja

I believe there is a reason that the Nexus4 is the only Nexus device on Netgears supported devices list, and that reason is that it's native resolution coincidentally is 720p which is, as it seems, the most the PTV3000 can get out of any Nexus. And even that 720p connection is a flakey one.
As I said before Netgear sent me a few beta firmwares which brought no improvements resolution-wise and when I started to specifically ask how to get the resolution up to 1080p, the replies stopped.
I don't have any Galaxy devices except the Nexus10 which is Samsung-made but does not have their AllShare Cast software components so I can't confirm the claims made about the S4 being able to stream 1080p in a stable fashion but no Nexus device I've tried has been able to output more than 720p at any point (Nexus 4, 5 & 10) and I've lost confidence in Netgear to remedy this.
btw, even just listening to Spotify while streaming to PTV3000 is not a smooth experience... it's sad, really.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's what I was afraid of. However, even at 720p the picture is good enough for me. I don't require perfection but I do want it to do all it can do. I have watched several movies with no problems except for my slow DSL connection and late at night that's not a problem. I have a slimport to HDMI coming so maybe that will allow me to download a Blue Ray movie and watch it.

I'll keep the pressure on Netgear and maybe we'll see a firmware upgrade soon.

Thanks!

29th January 2014, 05:14 AM |#92  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mista.maja

I believe there is a reason that the Nexus4 is the only Nexus device on Netgears supported devices list, and that reason is that it's native resolution coincidentally is 720p which is, as it seems, the most the PTV3000 can get out of any Nexus. And even that 720p connection is a flakey one.
As I said before Netgear sent me a few beta firmwares which brought no improvements resolution-wise and when I started to specifically ask how to get the resolution up to 1080p, the replies stopped.
I don't have any Galaxy devices except the Nexus10 which is Samsung-made but does not have their AllShare Cast software components so I can't confirm the claims made about the S4 being able to stream 1080p in a stable fashion but no Nexus device I've tried has been able to output more than 720p at any point (Nexus 4, 5 & 10) and I've lost confidence in Netgear to remedy this.
btw, even just listening to Spotify while streaming to PTV3000 is not a smooth experience... it's sad, really.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I finally got down to the bottom of it. Netgear admitted that the Nexus 7 2013 is not a supported tablet at this time. I don't know why they couldn't have told that right off the bat. It works very well at 720p and if I need the full 1080p I will simply hook up my Slimport adaptor which works quite well.
8th March 2014, 02:02 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Old Man

I finally got down to the bottom of it. Netgear admitted that the Nexus 7 2013 is not a supported tablet at this time. I don't know why they couldn't have told that right off the bat. It works very well at 720p and if I need the full 1080p I will simply hook up my Slimport adaptor which works quite well.

PTV3000 Firmware Version 2.4.38
Enhancements & Bug Fixes:

Fixed Fast cursor issue in Win8.1.
Fixed WiDi E2E re-connection time too long.
Fixed not responding to P2P probe request containing both ¡§DS Parameter IE¡¨ and ¡§WFD IE¡¨.
Fixed 5.1 surround in Win8.1.
Fixed Nexus 7/10 choppy audio playback.
Add Screen Saver.
Fixed no auto reboot after FW update.
Fixed DNS hijack.
Fixed ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 disconnect "WiFi Connection Closed" message shown on screen.
Enable FW version display on Ready to connect screen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jup68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jup68 Ad-Free
11th March 2014, 04:32 AM |#94  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jup68

PTV3000 Firmware Version 2.4.38
Enhancements & Bug Fixes:

Fixed Fast cursor issue in Win8.1.
Fixed WiDi E2E re-connection time too long.
Fixed not responding to P2P probe request containing both ¡§DS Parameter IE¡¨ and ¡§WFD IE¡¨.
Fixed 5.1 surround in Win8.1.
Fixed Nexus 7/10 choppy audio playback.
Add Screen Saver.
Fixed no auto reboot after FW update.
Fixed DNS hijack.
Fixed ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 disconnect "WiFi Connection Closed" message shown on screen.
Enable FW version display on Ready to connect screen.

I applied this fix and to my surprise the TV is showing the video cast from my Nexus 7 is 1080p! Yea!
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy Old Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Crazy Old Man Ad-Free
16th March 2014, 12:58 PM |#95  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Old Man

I applied this fix and to my surprise the TV is showing the video cast from my Nexus 7 is 1080p! Yea!

nexus 4 and 5 both running 4.4.2 also broadcast in 1080P after firmware upgrade
29th May 2014, 07:50 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Just ordered mine today any recommendation

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
11th September 2014, 10:03 AM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sound issue on PTV3000 and Galaxy S4
Firstly Hi, this is my first post and am completely new to the world of mirroring.

I've recently purchased a Netgear PTV3000 to stream media from my SMB harddrive (via wifi) in XBMC and then mirror it back to my TV through the PTV3000.

I've updated the PTV3000 to the latest firmware and the unit syncs and plays with the image smoothly with no freezing. However I am experiencing a delay between the picture and the sound of around 1/2 second which is irritating and basically making it unwatchable unless it sports for example.

Anybody got any advice on how best to eliminate this issue. I am tweaking the audio delay to picture in XBMC (around 0.33secs) which does help but its fiddly and not perfect. This however will not resolve the issues of streaming directly from the Net, for example my Netflix account.

Am I going about this the right way to counteract this, or is there a better method.

To confirm, I am streaming media from my SMB drive (Iomega screenplay pro HD) through my router to my Samsung galaxy S4. This then mirrors back to the PTV3000, and I am receiving a delay in sound vs image on media through XBMC and direct (bbc iplayer as an example)

Thanks for any advice.

Bernie
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)