Q&A thread - post your questions here
Boot HD2Gecko - Firefox OS hits HD2
This is a WinZip ported edition of @Axel2033 's Galaxy Nexus ROM.
I used @tytung 's NexusHD2-ICS as base ROM.
The ROM includes the kernel tytung-ics.
- HTC for HD2
- @tytung for NexusHD2
- Mozilla for FirefoxOS
- @Axel2033 for his B2G ROM I ported
- Create an EXT4 partition on your SD card if you don't have one. You should have 2 primary partitions, first FAT, second EXT4 formatted.
- Download ROM and copy it to your SD card.
- Follow the instructions for your recovery and bootloader
Installation using CWM recovery
- Coming soon
Installation using TWRP
- Coming soon
Download links (Updated: May 31 2013 19:28):
This is a NativeSD ROM
You can install it from recovery (You must have an ext partition)
You can find kernel in "BootHD2Gecko" folder on /sdcard
In case you are using cLK, use NativeSD-TWRP to install extracted kernel.
After the Firefox logo you will get black screen. It is normal. Just wait a minute, the GUI will appear.
Installation requires ~180 MB space.
Things that does not work:
- Mobile network (SIM not detected, but STK apps are loaded, )
- Sound (When it works volume is sooooo low)
- Camera (Sometimes it works )
- Mass storage
Work in progress:
- Trying to solve SIM being not detected
- Aroma installer to be able to select keymap and installation type
If you have questions, ask them here:
Want to thank me? Hit thanks, then click this: Just because I need more power