FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][HW] External lenses - Photojojo

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By Qron, Senior Member on 7th May 2013, 12:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

Probably most of you guys and girls heard about the set of external lenses for mobile (Fisheye, Telephoto and Wide Angle/Macro).
Couple weeks ago I've received my own set which is basically a clone of those from Photojojo.
The experience of them is pretty nice, however I didn't like the look of this ring shaped piece of metal, which has to be placed over protective glass of actual sensor.
I figured out that the unique way of how EVOs protective lenses are built, gives me opportunity to apply some modifications.
I won't present you the whole walkthrough, and disassebly cause it can be easily found over Google.
I will be pleased if you like the idea, so here are some photos which will briefly explain the whole process:

So, after dissasemble I cut out a hole big enough to place a magnet inside (using magnet is very important, those metal pads which come with lenses won't hold them on).

Then, I've placed the magnet in, and secured it with a bit of super glue.

The next step was of course placing back protective glass and this little sponge (from the inside).

The cool part of this mod (besides that the phone looks externally untouched) is that thanks to the magnet, lenses slips right into their place, which was unlike, while using non-magnet iron rings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Qron Ad-Free

7th May 2013, 11:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Very cool, I like the idea with the magnet!
10th May 2013, 11:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Wow Share some photos taken with that.
10th May 2013, 03:44 PM |#4  
Flag Beaufort, SC
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Pictures please!
11th May 2013, 11:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Sorry Guys, I didn't have much time to do some comparing photos.
Same position, same angle.

w/o:

wide angle:

fisheye:

And some samples made with makro lens:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Qron Ad-Free
12th May 2013, 12:41 AM |#6  
Flag Beaufort, SC
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Hell yeah! Love the photo shots. Maybe I can do this with the SG4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)