FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Modified Kindle app, optimised for eInk Nooks

5,274 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,354

Post Reply Email Thread
I have made a version of the Kindle app that is more optimised for the Nook eInk readers. It allows page turns via the volume keys (which can be configured using Nook Touch Mod Manager) and the page turn animations are also disabled.

Download - http://www.modaco.com/topic/362441-m...or-eink-nooks/

P
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulobrien Ad-Free

9th May 2013, 12:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks, Paul. I'm using it at the moment and it seems good. Haven't bothered remapping the buttons though - I find they're quite stiff and difficult to press compared to just taking on the screen.

Have you noticed how it refreshes the page every turn though, rather than every six like on the built in reader? It's a bit jarring. I'm wondering if anything can be done about that. I might start just downloading my kindle books as epubs and using the built in reader.
19th June 2013, 08:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for this, its just what I needed!
23rd June 2013, 10:15 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerNOOK

thanks for this, its just what I needed!

How did you get this? When I click on the link in the modaco thread it just redirects to various scam sites.
24th June 2013, 11:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingclear

How did you get this? When I click on the link in the modaco thread it just redirects to various scam sites.

Seems OK here - I get a load balancing download link which asks me for a capatcha...
25th June 2013, 09:27 PM |#6  

More
Thanks, I tried again and downloaded it ok. For some reason when I click on the link in Opera I got a blocked pop up message that when I opened just produced a blank page. I also got another tab that redirected to random spammy sites.

I have just tried in rekonq and it opened a captcha and dowloaded without any problem.
31st July 2013, 06:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi!
Does this version support send-to-kindle email? I've installed it succesfully, I see it in my devices on manageyourkindle page, but it doesn't have a send-to-kindle email
NST is 1.2.1 fw, rooted with NookManager.
24th November 2014, 09:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Could you explain how you disabled the page turn animations? I would like to implement this in a Xposed module, so one no longer has to modify the APK.

Thanks in advance!
10th January 2016, 09:30 PM |#9  

More
I installed this (before the regular kindle) and the page turn buttons only work in the menus of the app, not the book itself. I see you mention "Nook Touch Mod Manager", which I dont see on my list of available apps (I used touchnooter package).
Is there a setting or something I am missing?
12th January 2016, 12:54 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake

I installed this (before the regular kindle) and the page turn buttons only work in the menus of the app, not the book itself. I see you mention "Nook Touch Mod Manager", which I dont see on my list of available apps (I used touchnooter package).
Is there a setting or something I am missing?

NTMM comes with rooting via Nook Manager. I just finished a book on the Kindle app and exclusively used a light touch on the right side of the screen to change pages. That's how I do it in the stock reader as well. Saves wear and tear on the hardware buttons and requires less energy

But you gotta love it or do something different.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)