FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Apps - Making money

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By TerryGidd, Junior Member on 9th May 2013, 10:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys, i'm a developer in his prime and i was wondering what do you think I should use to make money of my applications? Which solution or ... website? Can you please help?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TerryGidd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TerryGidd Ad-Free

9th May 2013, 10:26 AM |#2  
Flag Baku
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGidd

Hey Guys, i'm a developer in his prime and i was wondering what do you think I should use to make money of my applications? Which solution or ... website? Can you please help?

Admob
9th May 2013, 10:48 AM |#3  
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 23,779

More
Thread moved to a more relevant forum
The Following User Says Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_scotsman Ad-Free
12th May 2013, 07:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
23rd May 2013, 10:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Could you be more specific? I think most people use the Google Play market for app sales, although there are alternatives (such as Amazon). Are you asking whether you should charge for the app vice depending on ad revenue?
23rd May 2013, 10:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Three options:
  • Have an app that's good enough to make people pay to install it: Quite hard, especially on the Android platform where many users expect even high quality apps to be free.
  • Free app with advertisements. This usually only works well for apps which have a high user engagement, both session frequency and session length. If you have a utility app that runs in the background or gets used once in a blue moon, this model is not really suited for that, even if the app is super useful.
  • Free app with in-app purchases to unlock features and/or acquire consumable items. Especially games seem to be very successful with this approach.
The Following User Says Thank You to smartician For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smartician Ad-Free
13th June 2013, 01:34 PM |#7  

More
Thumbs up
leviteo.com
7th August 2013, 05:05 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviteo

leviteo.com

I've been pretty happy using these guys.

mrp.adsyolo .com

more of an exchange instead of a single ad network that includes around 120 various networks acting as demand partners. (admob, inmobie, yadda yadda yadda). I'm currently getting about 1500 +/- a month with these guys, not enough to leave the day job but it covers my beer expenses.

7th August 2013, 09:43 PM |#9  

More
I'm using multiple networks... been testing the new network tapcontext because of their high payouts. Averaging $6 CPM's. Really depends on your apps though.
7th August 2013, 10:40 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiaran

I'm using multiple networks... been testing the new network tapcontext because of their high payouts. Averaging $6 CPM's. Really depends on your apps though.

whoa, $6? could you provide some details? what kind of app did you do that is making you that kind of cpm? what kind of ad placement did you use?
8th August 2013, 12:03 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceMarble

whoa, $6? could you provide some details? what kind of app did you do that is making you that kind of cpm? what kind of ad placement did you use?

I obviously don't want to give too much away in regards to the exact apps as I wouldn't need the competition , but they are travel related. I am getting the $6+ CPM off tapcontext, using both their interstitial & notification ads.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)