FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Galaxy S4 - reboot launching camera from lockscreen

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By afadzil21, Member on 9th May 2013, 04:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a weird 'bug' that has been occurring randomly. When I launch the camera using the locksreen widget. App start, camera shows no image and bam, reboot. After they reboot, doing the same thing doesn't cause a reboot. Weird. Anyone else have this 'bug:?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to afadzil21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift afadzil21 Ad-Free

9th May 2013, 05:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs down yes i have the same probleme BUG AND RESTART
[QUOTE=afadzil21;41221427]I have a weird 'bug' that has been occurring randomly. When I launch the camera using the locksreen widget. App start, camera shows no image and bam, reboot. After they reboot, doing the same thing doesn't cause a reboot. Weird. Anyone else have this 'bug:?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2[/

after the last update proposed by samsung I found that my i9500 galaxy RESTART after the opening of the CAMERA with a bug please help me settle this I9500XXUAMDK
9th May 2013, 05:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 534

More
[QUOTE=jamali2300;41222609]
Quote:
Originally Posted by afadzil21

I have a weird 'bug' that has been occurring randomly. When I launch the camera using the locksreen widget. App start, camera shows no image and bam, reboot. After they reboot, doing the same thing doesn't cause a reboot. Weird. Anyone else have this 'bug:?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2[/

after the last update proposed by samsung I found that my i9500 galaxy RESTART after the opening of the CAMERA with a bug please help me settle this I9500XXUAMDK

From the other tread by samir_a
Well it happens after the phone restarts it should work not something you should worry about since the processor is completely new there will be lots of bugs you just need to live it for few months before they are sorted out
9th May 2013, 11:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I see this about 50% of the time I launch the camera from the the home screen. I haven't seen it yet when I launch the camera from the lock screen.
10th May 2013, 07:15 AM |#5  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I also have this problem after the update whenever I launch the camera not only from the lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
10th May 2013, 08:29 AM |#6  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
Happening here too, works after reboot though. Think its got something to do with device heat? Cause the other day the cam app force closed cause device was too hot -_-
10th May 2013, 09:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I am facing this problem but not just open from the lock screen. It happens even when I open other camera app.

And the camera start up time is way too slow compared to my previous Android phones.
10th May 2013, 09:34 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs down auto reboot
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoaitaychienvn

I am facing this problem but not just open from the lock screen. It happens even when I open other camera app.

And the camera start up time is way too slow compared to my previous Android phones.

Agreed ! Mine is the same... When I launch the camera in whatsapp, it will 100% reboot !
10th May 2013, 09:45 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
A lot of people got this problem I got it too on my gt-i9500
10th May 2013, 07:18 PM |#10  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Go to developer options and change "limit background processes" to 4. It should work.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdaebert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdaebert Ad-Free
10th May 2013, 07:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
my s4 (i9500) has rebooted couple of times whenever I open camera app. (running latest firmware)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)