After work a lot during this afternoon to get the exe file for my pc, I found that the Side Sync is checking the Bios records, so if you don´t have a real Samsung ATIV PC, the file doesnt work (even if installed). Anyway I have also downloaded the Phone Screen Sharing file which contains the necessary for all the process for Side Sync (copy/paste files from/to PC, full control with PC and KB, send emails, receive notificacions on screen, see videos, etc.)
- A Win8 PC (Some reported that Win7 is also working)
- A Samsung Galaxy Device
Please follow the next guidelines to have all working:
1. Download the enclosed file and install it in your Win8 PC (so far Desktop and Laptop are working fine).
2. In the Samsung App web site, search for "Phone Screen Sharing" app and then install in your Galaxy Smartphone.
3. Run the Side Sync Phone Screen Sharing app on your smartphone.
4. Agree to the terms and conditions for the app on your smartphone.
5. NOTE (Some Galaxy devices would require a restart operation in the smartphone)
6. GENERAL RECOMMENDATION Connect the Smartphone using an original USB cable, and don´t use any USB multiport - this might generate some delay on the response of the device for some HD videos)
7. Enable USB debuggin mode on the Advanced/Developer options on your Smarthphone.
7. Start the Phone Screen Sharing installed on step 1 on your Win8 PC.
9. Probably the program will ask for updates, let it do the update. At the end of the update a screen with a mobile appearance will show on your PC.
10. Then click "Next" on the Phone-window on your WIn8 PC
11. Voila... if all is OK, then you will have the screen connected and you can use your mouse, keyboard and copy files from/to your Galaxy device.
Hope this guideline help you to have this amazing app working in you Galaxy Device.
Please don´t forget to contribute some pennies to my paypal account if this help to you... ([email protected]). Thanks!