FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[Q] adb returning "error: closed"

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By dande_, Junior Member on 10th May 2013, 04:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use adb to push some data into my phone but i always get "error: closed". I'm using windows 7 x64 and im running it from cmd.

Almost everything i tried using adb (push, shell, remount) returns this. I've searched over the forums and tried "adb devices" as well to see if my phone is connected, but what is different from the others is i am getting

List of devices attached
XXXXXX host

instead of what most other people got
List of devices attached
XXXXXX device

Is this a problem? What am i missing? Thanks a lot for ur time in reading this
 
 
10th May 2013, 04:46 PM |#2  
Guich's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 3,365
 
Donate to Me
More
Try:

Code:
adb usb
then
Code:
adb devices
or

Code:
adb kill-server
then
Code:
adb start-server
then
Code:
adb devices
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Guich Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 08:58 AM |#3  
xlxcrossing's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Soquel, CA
Thanks Meter: 406
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guich

Try:

Code:
adb usb
then
Code:
adb devices
or

Code:
adb kill-server
then
Code:
adb start-server
then
Code:
adb devices

Thank you! Although after doing these commands it still returned error:closed it listed my device as being in sideload mode so all sideload commands worked after that including sideloading a rom .zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xlxcrossing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xlxcrossing Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 11:18 AM |#4  
mathrania's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 642
 
More
Did you update the SDK Manager??? Try updating that, my ADB problem were gone after i updated them.....
The Following User Says Thank You to mathrania For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mathrania Ad-Free
11th November 2013, 07:39 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlxcrossing

Thank you! Although after doing these commands it still returned error:closed it listed my device as being in sideload mode so all sideload commands worked after that including sideloading a rom .zip

I've got the same situation with "error closed" message. I ran the suggestions above but am still getting the error message.... Thoughts?
11th November 2013, 08:16 PM |#6  
Guich's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 3,365
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflora1

I've got the same situation with "error closed" message. I ran the suggestions above but am still getting the error message.... Thoughts?

Try to download this, un-zip and try the tips with this
23rd November 2013, 06:16 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag West Caldwell, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guich

Try to download this, un-zip and try the tips with this

I downloaded the zip but haven't had any success, still getting an error:closed message
23rd November 2013, 06:27 PM |#8  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Retired Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,601
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo012

I downloaded the zip but haven't had any success, still getting an error:closed message

which recovery are you on? (name and version number please)
23rd November 2013, 06:30 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag West Caldwell, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

which recovery are you on? (name and version number please)

This is actually the only place I've found that might have had a solution to my problem (different device: Nexus 7, Stock 4.3 JWR66Y, unrooted, I'm attempting to sideload the 4.4 update but continually get this error:closed message.
23rd November 2013, 06:39 PM |#10  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Retired Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,601
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo012

This is actually the only place I've found that might have had a solution to my problem (different device: Nexus 7, Stock 4.3 JWR66Y, unrooted, I'm attempting to sideload the 4.4 update but continually get this error:closed message.

isnt "error closed" something to do with out of date adb?
23rd November 2013, 06:45 PM |#11  
Guich's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 3,365
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo012

This is actually the only place I've found that might have had a solution to my problem (different device: Nexus 7, Stock 4.3 JWR66Y, unrooted, I'm attempting to sideload the 4.4 update but continually get this error:closed message.

Some people had solved the issue with the command:
Code:
adb usb
and after a reboot of device.
But seems don't work for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

isnt "error closed" something to do with out of date adb?

Umh, no, i don' think
The Following User Says Thank You to Guich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Guich Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes