FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] [SOLVED!] Play Store No Connection Error Fix!

126 posts
Thanks Meter: 266

By Ronny927, Senior Member on 11th May 2013, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store or HERE.
2. Install it in your Device.
3. Open Total Commander and goto Root of System. (/ )
4. Open the etc folder.
5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
6. Delete everything and paste this at the first line: " 127.0.0.1 localhost". Copy it exactly, dont modify anything.
7. Save the file and overwrite if needed.

Downloads:
Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877489996531

Once again feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I am doing anything wrong.

Please leave a "Thanks!" if it helped!
The Following 200 Users Say Thank You to Ronny927 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ronny927 Ad-Free

27th May 2013, 10:46 AM |#2  
Flag NetherRealm
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I just restored the backup of my stock ROM and re flashed the this rom andplay store worked
The Following User Says Thank You to Suriya.sXe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Suriya.sXe Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 11:08 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266

More
This is the method that doesn't require reflashing. But of course your method works as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ronny927 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ronny927 Ad-Free
4th June 2013, 04:03 PM |#4  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny927

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store.
4. Open the etc folder.
5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
7. Save the file.
8. Reboot your device
9. Add Google Account
10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!

thanks it works on my S4
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mrnexusone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrnexusone Ad-Free
6th June 2013, 01:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
uh...
Okay. But what do we do if we actually have the problem you're talking about? Can't download an app from the play store when the play store won't connect.
The Following User Says Thank You to thorvindr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thorvindr Ad-Free
13th June 2013, 10:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mine doesn't show a second line!
Following the instructions, I found the folder and file, but only one line of info was shown, localhost, and its ip which I'm assuming is my WiFi router(?)

Should I copy your example line exactly? What does the hash do anyway?

Please and thanks! I just set myself up with cyanogenmod 10 on the HTC sensation and this has been bugging me...
The Following User Says Thank You to jackdaws For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackdaws Ad-Free
18th June 2013, 11:19 AM |#7  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up Thanks!!
Worked For me!!
The Following User Says Thank You to yosaurabh9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yosaurabh9 Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 08:48 AM |#8  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 93

More
I had problem with playstore after removing openvpn and this worked for me. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to raj_k_r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raj_k_r Ad-Free
1st July 2013, 06:34 PM |#9  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 19

More
it worked for me .... good that i didn't have to restore factory setting that would be sux ... i used ES file explorer no need to download a specific program if you have a root explorer app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiZoSpaDe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MiZoSpaDe Ad-Free
5th July 2013, 05:45 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
THANK YOU!
Quote:

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.
6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
7. Save the file.
8. Reboot your device
9. Add Google Account
10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!

if i can thanks you 100000 times i would do it, man you save my day, works like charm on TF300T (4.1.2) I wonder how you guys just invented this method
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phillip01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phillip01 Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 10:49 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Wink another way..
Quote:

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.
7. Save the file.
8. Reboot your device
9. Add Google Account
10. Done!

Another way is to just delete the "hosts" file and reboot the device when it turns on again just open google play and choose your google account.

Hope I Helped
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nightwing1955 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nightwing1955 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
error, fix, no connection, play store, solution

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)