Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Search This thread

bucefal82

Nov 16, 2012
Ryazan
bucefalportal.ru
Lord and no one tried to appeal to the official developers Cyanogen they can help?
None soveshenstve in English, I can not describe the problem.
Господа а никто не пробовал обратится к официальным разработчикам циноген может они помогут?
Не владею в совешенстве английским ,не смогу описать проблему.

Reactions: jack42reg

amardeepsingh77

Oct 11, 2010
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
amardeepsingh77 - You're my god!
There is literally everything in that source, the "device" catalogue, prebuilder scripts, complete kernel sources, it's kind of unbelieveable!
Now we are possible to really get to work, not just move in the dark :)

You're welcome dear friend. I am merely giving you the link to download the source code, it actually comes from a Russian Rom cooker who goes by the name Back37.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Hi FenixxPl, If you want I can support you to testing. I am also willing to help with test builds etc, once you build the device tree, let me know how to set up my system so that i can build parallel test builds. Though I am not a developer, I would like to learn.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

You're welcome dear friend. I am merely giving you the link to download the source code, it actually comes from a Russian Rom cooker who goes by the name Back37.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Hi FenixxPl, If you want I can support you to testing. I am also willing to help with test builds etc, once you build the device tree, let me know how to set up my system so that i can build parallel test builds. Though I am not a developer, I would like to learn.

And, by the way, if you need the roms, you can download from here http://d-h.st/wVw
I guess the big difference between 4.1.2 roms and 4.2.1 roms is the shift from BlueZ to BlueDroid. Therefore giving you the link to 4.2.1 rom that I modded few days ago.

C3C076

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Nice try.

However, I think the mission is somewhat impossible without CM having official support for MTK dual sims - there's a lot of code accross the whole framework that deals with Gemini (telephony services, etc, etc). So at least it would be necessary to get a source code from mediatek that deals with framework part of Gemini.

This means, even if you get the device booting, Working RIL would be the hardest part I think. Without it, we won't get voice nor messagging...

amardeepsingh77

Oct 11, 2010
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Nice try.

However, I think the mission is somewhat impossible without CM having official support for MTK dual sims - there's a lot of code accross the whole framework that deals with Gemini (telephony services, etc, etc). So at least it would be necessary to get a source code from mediatek that deals with framework part of Gemini.

This means, even if you get the device booting, Working RIL would be the hardest part I think. Without it, we won't get voice nor messagging...

Without the Gemini, I think single SIM will work if we have the RIL handled correctly

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

And, by the way, if you need the roms, you can download from here http://d-h.st/wVw
I guess the big difference between 4.1.2 roms and 4.2.1 roms is the shift from BlueZ to BlueDroid. Therefore giving you the link to 4.2.1 rom that I modded few days ago.

Brother do u have sources for MTK6577 or precisely micromax A110 our device has 512 mb ram and runs j.b via update(not out of box)
We are dying for Cyanogen mod...

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app

bucefal82

Nov 16, 2012
Ryazan
bucefalportal.ru
Nice try.

I do not agree with you is the same and have the same 4.1
Here's an example
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=390225

And no one is asking for 4.1 ,4.0.4
When we attempt to collect bootlop
And accordingly but may be working

FenixxPl

Mar 10, 2013
Next update:

amardeepsingh77 - Even though the file with most of the repo you've shared is awesome, it's not complete.
Moreover it's highly customized by Gionee, what makes it harder to adapt to other devices.
What I need the most now, is the "Source" catalogue from "Mediatek" build tree. In your tree in Mediatek folder there are 5 catalogues: "build", "custum", "config", "kernel", "platform". There should be sixth catalogue, the "source".
I've found one on the internet here , but it's for MT6513, so really old in fact and it wouldn't work.
If anyone could provide me this catalogue, it would be awesome, because after looking closely on makeMTK.mk it's only one still missing, and it's key to build preloader.

Edit:

It looks like building anything for our devices already would be big success, because I've tried to skip making preloader, and in next step (building recovery/bootloader/system/anything) there is some trouble with one of signal libs, and eventhough I've spend some time on that it looks like bigger task to complete.

Edit2:

As noone answers, I've got to write more in this post.
This time in contrary I've got some good news.
I've built successfully system image and boot image, also I've tried to build secro image and cache image (but i've got "no rules to build" error)
I've been able to do that because I've solved the signal libs bug, or at least it looks solved and it allows building images.
But still, I totally rely on your abilities to get "source" catalogue, I'm also trying, but with your help it is much more likely to be found/obtained somewhere.

Also, what is others progress in building CM?
I've switched to building CM10, (not CM10.1) because it has less errors and it may be applicable to more of ours devices.

Edit3:

Here I found it for MTK6577, but still it is diffrent from the one that will be correct for MT6589, and preloader is the key to our devices, it's a key without which we can't do anything more.
Btw. I think I've found a way to overclock our devices in future, but firstly I'd like to at least get CM booting.

Last edited:

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
I wonder what you need preloader for. This is something that doesn't need to be changed - no matter what ROM you're flashing. Boot, uboot and system are the only essential images to get ROM running. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

FenixxPl

Mar 10, 2013
C3C076 - That's the problem, when you change rom more than between this same version of one rom (like in this case), preloader which connects with boot image is neccessary. Or that at least is what I understood from makeMtk connections.
Also preloader connects with uboot, as well as full makeMtk build begins from building a preloader.
It's really messed up in Mediatek's devices, it takes time to uderstand all of dependencies in that roms.

Edit:

What's more, think about when you update soft in SPFlashTool, there also the preloader is neccessary to upgrade it normally, not by "download". And if you check older roms preloaders, they differ in size and time of complations, and if wouldn't be neccessary, they wouldn't be added to new roms packages.

Last edited:

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
What's more, think about when you update soft in SPFlashTool, there also the preloader is neccessary to upgrade it normally, not by "download". And if you check older roms preloaders, they differ in size and time of complations, and if wouldn't be neccessary, they wouldn't be added to new roms packages.
no, i dont think so. the preloader is used for a full download of a completely new ROM. i can upgrade/downgrade different preloaders of my device, no differece at all. even if i'm porting a completely different firmware to it, preloader is unnecessary. it just "starts" the process to load your device, like a "Bios" or something.
it's also needed to check if the update rom matches your device.
also, i already build android for mt6573 devices from source and i didn't needed the preloader. ./makeMtk [Project] n just starts a complete build
with every img/bin for your device. you can build android without even touching the preloader, just the kernel is needed for compiling boot.img.

Reactions: C3C076

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
That's exactly how I get it. I share the same point of view. After my own experience with changing different ROMs leaving the preloader intact.

jwchen119

May 12, 2013
Tainan
I'm not a developer, but I found something you guys will interesting at a Chinese website
The MT6589 kernel source code in these two site
1. github : https://github.com/varunchitre15/MT6589_kernel_source

2. acer : http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
in this site you have to select the product like this
Smartphone -> Liquid E2 -> V370 and select the Documents below

you'll get the kernel source code from these two site...
This is the thing I can help and I hope you guys can success!!! :good::good::good:

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
the kernel source isn't that important. you'll need the sourcecode from mediatek to get dualsims working. there is a "working" cyanogenmod for mt6577 devices out there, it boots up but the problem is getting all that mediatek driver stuff working. those sources are only available for ICS AOSP and probably needs A LOT of coding to work with cyanogenmod. maybe singlesim will be possible, but only time will tell us.

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
That's what I was trying to say here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41664488&postcount=23

If you take a look at the framework part of original system and decompile som packages, you can notice "mediatek" namespace everywehere with lots of essential functionality. Without having sources for this, we can maybe compile system and get it booting, but all the essential subsystems would be dead, anyway.

We have kernel for 4.2, so this could be used as a prebuilt one for now (TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL). We don't need to waste time building it from source. More important part is the mediatek framework for which nobody has sources.

Reactions: suoko

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
maybe there are no sources for jellybean, but for ICS 4.0.4
take a look @ here:
https://github.com/scmsystm/mt6577_FULL_AOSP_SOURCE/tree/master/mediatek/source
i cloned this repo few weeks ago and it will build android most likely without errors. this is used for "baoxue" device, i got sources for mt6573 from the same dev too and they worked like a charm, so i'm pretty sure that the ics sources will work, too. never got the time to test it though.
you got the kernel sources for mt6589, so building ICS for your device should be possible.

Reactions: C3C076

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
So... I've writte a polite mail to Mediatek for them to consider their "open source" policy. Saying BS like how I am sure it would make their platform more attractive if they follow open source policy like Qualcomm does, and how it would definitely increase their sales, blah, blah :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, We are going to try something new for our china phones - cyanogenmod.

But we need some more devs to get everything going.

For now we have:

-Github tree for Lenovo P700i(mediatek 6577, android 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.8)

-Lens_flare - original port author(may work with system folder and configs)

-some kernel source from other devices like liquid gallant

The main problem is getting adb to work that could help a lot on remaining development. For now even zygote not starting, but all partitions seems mounted successfully.

We need more devs (especially that could assemble working kernel for device), working with p700i may lead to following porting for other mtk devices, as sources are nearly the same.
    Lollipop on MT6577

Hi there .

Just to let you know, that lollipop is now booting on ZTE v970 [MT6577- w/ ComBo-Chip MT6620]
    With my custom 3.4.67 KK Kernel + some cherry-picks from the new MTK 3.10.54 LL Kernel

Still very early, baseband is recognized , but still needs a lot more work on Telephony, Platform, etc.

;)

Regards
    More progress on this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467400

I have 3G data and incoming voice calls working now.

Next: kitkat.

Chris

Please hit the thx button. And please thank also dr shadow and xplodwild from omnirom.
    KitKat Sources MT6582 / 6592

Since my Cloud host, removed the sources,that i uploaded twice

Using MEGA now, should be on for some days..

Edit: no more source leaks, noobies will always be noobies
    I won't be sharing more source stuff

Learn to comply with GPL and respect others

Regards
    I'm working now since 1 day on CM13 and here the first screenshot on mt6592 :).