ClockworkMod Recovery v188.8.131.52
This is my port of the ClockworkMod recovery for the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500). This recovery is built from CWM's source with NO modifications, so it's just like an official recovery.
(I have tested backup/restore to both internal and external storage, wipes, installing zips from both internal and external, etc, all works as I expect it to)
NOTE: This is not the Touch CWM as it's not open source so I can't compile it. I will ask Koush to make it for us.
- Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
- Unzip the attached Odin3-vX.X.zip file
- Unzip the attached recovery-clockwork-X.X.X.X-i9500.zip file
- If you end up with a recovery-clockwork-X.X.X.X-i9500 file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select recovery-clockwork-X.X.X.X-i9500.tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold volume-down + home + power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for the phone to reboot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)
- recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-i9500.zip | Mirror MD5: CA8936E01D376001EA1394EB16DF13C9
-Chainfire (I cloned your instructions for the thread.)