FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Wireless display over wifi and HTC One : miracast ?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mamadoo06, Junior Member on 13th May 2013, 05:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I'm looking for a device that would allow me to replicate the screen of my HTC one on my full HD TV.
I would like to to able to do the same thing with the same device but with my mac

I think my solution is called miracast.
Am i right ?
Which device is known to work perfectly with the HTC One ?
Any idea of how to make it work with my macbook pro and iPad ?

many thanks !

13th May 2013, 06:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
HD MediaLink
Are you talking about the HD Media Link? This little accessory mirrors the screen on the HTC One to your TV. But depending on what you're doing, your experience may vary. If you like to look at photos and basically anything still, then this will work. But any fast paced moving pixels, forget about it. The only game that I've tried that works well is angry birds, but even then it stutters. I don't know how you plan on using it, but I'd say it's not worth $90. ATT gave it away for free during their preorder promotion.

This device, to the best of my knowledge, does not work with any other device besides HTC devices with at least Sense 4.0. If you want your mac/iphone/ipod to work, you need to get an appletv. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Josheek318 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josheek318 Ad-Free
18th May 2013, 01:55 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josheek318

Are you talking about the HD Media Link? This little accessory mirrors the screen on the HTC One to your TV. But depending on what you're doing, your experience may vary. If you like to look at photos and basically anything still, then this will work. But any fast paced moving pixels, forget about it. The only game that I've tried that works well is angry birds, but even then it stutters. I don't know how you plan on using it, but I'd say it's not worth $90. ATT gave it away for free during their preorder promotion.

This device, to the best of my knowledge, does not work with any other device besides HTC devices with at least Sense 4.0. If you want your mac/iphone/ipod to work, you need to get an appletv. Hope this helps.

Hi,

No i'm not talking about the Media Link that seems to work only with HTC devices.
I'm talking about a miracast dongle/box that i'll be able to use with my htc one, my iPad, my S2, my macbook pro, etc
18th May 2013, 04:54 PM |#4  

More
Anyone have try Netgear PTV3000 with HTC One?
18th May 2013, 08:58 PM |#5  
Flag Litchfield Park
Thanks Meter: 141

Donate to Me
More
According to Google, the HTC One supports Miracast, but for your Apple devices only Airplay will work. Try to find a device that supports both.
20th May 2013, 01:57 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadoo06

Hi,

I'm looking for a device that would allow me to replicate the screen of my HTC one on my full HD TV.
I would like to to able to do the same thing with the same device but with my mac

I think my solution is called miracast.
Am i right ?
Which device is known to work perfectly with the HTC One ?
Any idea of how to make it work with my macbook pro and iPad ?

many thanks !

There is a device called Xiaomi Box by a chinese company which is the only known device which supports Miracast as well as Airplay. Although this device is very hard to get due to its high demand in china. Try your luck. Most other devices like Belkin screencast, netgear ptv 3000, etc only support miracast.
24th June 2013, 11:21 PM |#7  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Samsung allshare cast dongle is miracast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Sogay

There is a device called Xiaomi Box by a chinese company which is the only known device which supports Miracast as well as Airplay. Although this device is very hard to get due to its high demand in china. Try your luck. Most other devices like Belkin screencast, netgear ptv 3000, etc only support miracast.

I tried a Samsung allshare cast dongle with the HTC One and it seems to work. The One sees it as a miracast device and connects OK. The screen updates just fine but there is a serious audio sync issue when playing videos. I need to do some more testing.
28th June 2013, 07:06 AM |#8  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 962

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vieryfl

Anyone have try Netgear PTV3000 with HTC One?

I can confirm this does work with the HTC One
28th June 2013, 07:43 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Miracast should be universal solution for Android devices, it is still young technology and there is not much information or tests and reviews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracast
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02...f_is_miracast/

Bit of a flop about this is that we can't use existing technology, wireless connection, TV, PC's or consoles for that, like with DLNA. Those are designated dongles that plug into TV or monitor. If you type "miracast" in eBay search you'll find some dongles, but IMHO they are still too expensive, on par with Android media players which are far more complex and versatile. There are some hints that it can be enabled in Windows 7/8.1 using Intel WiDi but that is hardware limited. Maybe not for long

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiDi

AMD is pushing AMD Wireless Display or AWD...
3rd July 2013, 07:51 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
ZK-W18 Mirasharer doesn't work
just received my ZK-W18 mirasharer from Ebay and so far I am having trouble connecting it to my HTC One.
3rd July 2013, 05:00 PM |#11  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Sorry duplicate post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)