FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

 View Poll Results: What, If Any Other Tutorials Would You Like Me To Make?

Tutorial on setting up and using ADB
 
379 Vote(s)
52.93%
Creating flashable .zips to be used in recovery
 
402 Vote(s)
56.15%
Whatever I want!
 
165 Vote(s)
23.04%
Nothing! I make terrible useless guides!
 
23 Vote(s)
3.21%

[Guide] How To Setup And Use Fastboot

6,858 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,768
 
By demkantor, Recognized Contributor on 13th May 2013, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2017, 08:31 PM |#471  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Fastboot Devices show nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Do You need to unlock your bootloader?

Hi!

Till now, my device wouldn't enter bootloader (Sony Xperia L, Blue light appears, but nothing more)

Now I am starting your tutorial. Thank you!!
 
 
3rd August 2017, 04:42 PM |#472  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I need a bit of help I keep on trying to flash the stock boot.img and fastboot returns FAILED (remote: image to large for partition). This is the code I'm using
fastboot flash boot boot.img
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
24th August 2017, 08:42 AM |#473  
I would double check you don't have a corrupt download, the command is correct but the image you are trying to flash is too large
If it's a stock image seems unlikely to have an issue unless bad download but if you changed anything within bootloader this could happen as well
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
5th September 2017, 02:44 PM |#474  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
How to check what the problem is
Good morning everyone, I have a Q79 tablet and it doesn't pass from the logo image after it got freezed an I restarted it, one thing I noted is that when I put it to charge (after it failed) the tablet shows the image that denotes measuring battery charge and remains there, which means that doesn't pass to the animation that shows the percentage of the battery. It means that the boot partition got damaged?, can I solve that erasing the boot partition and/or reflashing the boot partition?.

Another thing, the "erase" command through fastboot only erase the remanent data on the partition or actually formats that partition and lets it entirely empty, I mean, do I need to reflash the partition after erase it?

Thanks so much for your help.
5th September 2017, 02:54 PM |#475  
GCalzo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I do not think you'll ever have an answer here, better search for a more specific thread...
Personally I didn't found many for what it seems your device, you may want to start from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2594116
5th September 2017, 03:59 PM |#476  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Where to start
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCalzo

I do not think you'll ever have an answer here, better search for a more specific thread...
Personally I didn't found many for what it seems your device, you may want to start from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2594116

Thank you for your response, look, I'm trying to look for where to start and that is because I'm following this tutorial and I have some responses like this:

When I search for the fastboot devices, I see this:

Code:
C:\Users\vramirez\Desktop\Adb-fastboot>fastboot devices
mt6582_phone    fastboot
When I look for the getvar all command, I see this:

Code:
C:\Users\vramirez\Desktop\Adb-fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader)    partition-size:fat: 2b7380000
(bootloader)    partition-type:fat: fat
(bootloader)    partition-size:userdata: 32000000
(bootloader)    partition-type:userdata: ext4
(bootloader)    partition-size:cache: 7e00000
(bootloader)    partition-type:cache: ext4
(bootloader)    partition-size:system: 40000000
(bootloader)    partition-type:system: ext4
(bootloader)    partition-size:expdb: a00000
(bootloader)    partition-type:expdb: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:ebr2: 80000
(bootloader)    partition-type:ebr2: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:logo: 300000
(bootloader)    partition-type:logo: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:misc: 80000
(bootloader)    partition-type:misc: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:sec_ro: 600000
(bootloader)    partition-type:sec_ro: ext4
(bootloader)    partition-size:recovery: 1000000
(bootloader)    partition-type:recovery: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:boot: 1000000
(bootloader)    partition-type:boot: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:uboot: 60000
(bootloader)    partition-type:uboot: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:seccfg: 20000
(bootloader)    partition-type:seccfg: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:protect_s: a00000
(bootloader)    partition-type:protect_s: ext4
(bootloader)    partition-size:protect_f: a00000
(bootloader)    partition-type:protect_f: ext4
(bootloader)    partition-size:nvram: 500000
(bootloader)    partition-type:nvram: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:pro_info: 300000
(bootloader)    partition-type:pro_info: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:ebr1: 80000
(bootloader)    partition-type:ebr1: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:mbr: 80000
(bootloader)    partition-type:mbr: raw data
(bootloader)    partition-size:preloader: 1400000
(bootloader)    partition-type:preloader: raw data
(bootloader)    kernel: lk
(bootloader)    product: P301_H82
(bootloader)    version: 0.5
all: Done!!
finished. total time: 0.164s
When I look for the mid and cid variables that doesn't appear in the getvar all command, I see this:

Code:
C:\Users\vramirez\Desktop\Adb-fastboot>fastboot getvar mid
mid:
finished. total time: 0.003s

C:\Users\vramirez\Desktop\Adb-fastboot>fastboot getvar cid
cid:
finished. total time: 0.003s
But, unforntunately when I look for and check the emmc, or try to erase the boot partition (the only commands that I tryed which has to be with modifying or looking for the OS and hardware)the command line puts tree suspensive dots "..." bellow the command it gets a lot of time stuck in the response of that command (until the battery of the tablet gets drained ) ant after that I get the error "unable to read...(too many links)". I've been rading and some people says that it has something to do with the cable (bad quality) but this is my second cable, and of course, when I try to recovery mode on the tablet it only shows the logo and after that the menu to select the boot mode desappears.

I'll be very grateful if any of you can help me, I'm new to develop android and I want to know as much as I can about it, and of course, to recover my tablet to use it in some projects.
5th September 2017, 04:59 PM |#477  
GCalzo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Sorry but I cannot help you more...
5th September 2017, 05:09 PM |#478  
KevMetal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Girona
Thanks Meter: 153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALERYRAMIREZ

Thank you for your response, look, I'm trying to look for where to start and that is because I'm following this tutorial and I have some responses like this:

When I search for the fastboot devices, I see this:



When I look for the getvar all command, I see this:



When I look for the mid and cid variables that doesn't appear in the getvar all command, I see this:



But, unforntunately when I look for and check the emmc, or try to erase the boot partition (the only commands that I tryed which has to be with modifying or looking for the OS and hardware)the command line puts tree suspensive dots "..." bellow the command it gets a lot of time stuck in the response of that command (until the battery of the tablet gets drained ) ant after that I get the error "unable to read...(too many links)". I've been rading and some people says that it has something to do with the cable (bad quality) but this is my second cable, and of course, when I try to recovery mode on the tablet it only shows the logo and after that the menu to select the boot mode desappears.

I'll be very grateful if any of you can help me, I'm new to develop android and I want to know as much as I can about it, and of course, to recover my tablet to use it in some projects.

You have an mtk device ...
You should search the internet for the stock rom for your device
Download spflashtools
Follow tutorials to flash the stock prekoader/recovery/boot ..pretty much everything

USE SPFLASHTOOLS if you arent careful you are goung to erase or delete your prekoader and end up with no bootscreen or any screen

If your phone doesnt get saved by SPflashtool you might have a hardware issue

If nothing works search the internet for test point and use it to enter preloader mode and flash with flashtools

If nothing else you have another problem . Fastboot is not the best for this exercise . in spflashtool you load a text file (scatter) so the tool flashes the correct partitions

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

http://flashfilestore.blogspot.com.e...-free.html?m=1

Are you sure you have a q79 on internet it has an allwinner chip and another variant a different chip ...do you have your phone connected to the pc at the sametime as the tablet ...
5th September 2017, 06:22 PM |#479  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMetal

You have an mtk device ...
You should search the internet for the stock rom for your device
Download spflashtools
Follow tutorials to flash the stock prekoader/recovery/boot ..pretty much everything

USE SPFLASHTOOLS if you arent careful you are goung to erase or delete your prekoader and end up with no bootscreen or any screen

If your phone doesnt get saved by SPflashtool you might have a hardware issue

If nothing works search the internet for test point and use it to enter preloader mode and flash with flashtools

If nothing else you have another problem . Fastboot is not the best for this exercise . in spflashtool you load a text file (scatter) so the tool flashes the correct partitions

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

http://flashfilestore.blogspot.com.e...-free.html?m=1

Are you sure you have a q79 on internet it has an allwinner chip and another variant a different chip ...do you have your phone connected to the pc at the sametime as the tablet ...

Yes, it is a mediatek device exactly an H8382V (Please see the pictures), the stick at the back of the tablet says Q79 and the fastboot says H82, previously found from another person the .img files like seen on the pictures too. I want to ask you something, that SPFLASHTOOLS is only for mediatek devices?, it works like odin?.

Another thing that I don't get is the fact that the mediatek scatter file that ison the .iso file says that is for the mediatek 6582 and the microprocessor of the tablet is an 8382V, is that mediatek 6582 some kind of architecture like i386 from intel?.
5th September 2017, 06:31 PM |#480  
KevMetal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Girona
Thanks Meter: 153
 
Donate to Me
More
The scatter file is not an iso file . Yes spflashtools would be like odin for samsung but with more options .The scatter file gives the flashtool all the information it needs to load all the .image files it will flash and to which blocks to flash them ..

Inside the stock rom zip there should be a scatter file and a number of .image files for example recovery.image boot.image system.image

You are wasting time with fastboot commands and you are going to end up flashing something to the wrong block thereby bricking the pad further .

Use the specific name and chip number to google and find the correct STOCK ROM

Download flashtools and flash it . Most flastool zips or blogs explains with video how to load the scatter file and flash the rom

Search on google
How to flash stock rom
Spflashtools
Stock rom * your device and model here
5th September 2017, 07:56 PM |#481  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMetal

The scatter file is not an iso file . Yes spflashtools would be like odin for samsung but with more options .The scatter file gives the flashtool all the information it needs to load all the .image files it will flash and to which blocks to flash them ..

Inside the stock rom zip there should be a scatter file and a number of .image files for example recovery.image boot.image system.image

You are wasting time with fastboot commands and you are going to end up flashing something to the wrong block thereby bricking the pad further .

Use the specific name and chip number to google and find the correct STOCK ROM

Download flashtools and flash it . Most flastool zips or blogs explains with video how to load the scatter file and flash the rom

Search on google
How to flash stock rom
Spflashtools
Stock rom * your device and model here

Thank you KevMetal for your explanation, it is very helpful, I know that the scatter file is not an .iso file, may be I explained myself incorrectly but what I tried to explain was that all those files came in a .iso file.

The list of files is like follows:

BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6582....
EBR1
EBR2
MBR
boot.img
cache.img
recovery.img
secro.img
system.img
userdata.img
APDB_MT6582_S01_KK1.MP1_
MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
lk.bin
logo.bin
preloader_p301_h82.bin (the same model shown in product info with the command fastboot getvar all)

Thats all

In other hand, I readed the way to write IMEI, wifi and BT but, is there any way to extract those addresses from the tablet, that is because like I said, the tablet freezed and didn't booted properly again, so, I don't have any of those addresses.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes