FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What, If Any Other Tutorials Would You Like Me To Make?

Tutorial on setting up and using ADB

378 Vote(s)
52.87%
Creating flashable .zips to be used in recovery

401 Vote(s)
56.08%
Whatever I want!

164 Vote(s)
22.94%
Nothing! I make terrible useless guides!

23 Vote(s)
3.22%

[Guide] How To Setup And Use Fastboot

6,858 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,767

By demkantor, Recognized Contributor on 13th May 2013, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2017, 07:56 PM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMetal

The scatter file is not an iso file . Yes spflashtools would be like odin for samsung but with more options .The scatter file gives the flashtool all the information it needs to load all the .image files it will flash and to which blocks to flash them ..

Inside the stock rom zip there should be a scatter file and a number of .image files for example recovery.image boot.image system.image

You are wasting time with fastboot commands and you are going to end up flashing something to the wrong block thereby bricking the pad further .

Use the specific name and chip number to google and find the correct STOCK ROM

Download flashtools and flash it . Most flastool zips or blogs explains with video how to load the scatter file and flash the rom

Search on google
How to flash stock rom
Spflashtools
Stock rom * your device and model here

Thank you KevMetal for your explanation, it is very helpful, I know that the scatter file is not an .iso file, may be I explained myself incorrectly but what I tried to explain was that all those files came in a .iso file.

The list of files is like follows:

BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6582....
EBR1
EBR2
MBR
boot.img
cache.img
recovery.img
secro.img
system.img
userdata.img
APDB_MT6582_S01_KK1.MP1_
MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
lk.bin
logo.bin
preloader_p301_h82.bin (the same model shown in product info with the command fastboot getvar all)

Thats all

In other hand, I readed the way to write IMEI, wifi and BT but, is there any way to extract those addresses from the tablet, that is because like I said, the tablet freezed and didn't booted properly again, so, I don't have any of those addresses.

5th September 2017, 08:28 PM |#482  
Flag Girona
Thanks Meter: 123

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALERYRAMIREZ

Thank you KevMetal for your explanation, it is very helpful, I know that the scatter file is not an .iso file, may be I explained myself incorrectly but what I tried to explain was that all those files came in a .iso file.

The list of files is like follows:

BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6582....
EBR1
EBR2
MBR
boot.img
cache.img
recovery.img
secro.img
system.img
userdata.img
APDB_MT6582_S01_KK1.MP1_
MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
lk.bin
logo.bin
preloader_p301_h82.bin (the same model shown in product info with the command fastboot getvar all)

Thats all

Aah okay perfect . If you download flashtools and power of the device and in the scatter loading button select the scatter file ..when all the files are loaded select the green download button and connect the device. It will start the flash process. Wait until a green tick appears on the screen .
5th September 2017, 09:15 PM |#483  

More
In other hand, I readed the way to write IMEI, wifi and BT but, is there any way to extract those addresses from the tablet, that is because like I said, the tablet freezed and didn't booted properly again, so, I don't have any of those addresses.
5th September 2017, 10:45 PM |#484  
Flag Girona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

They should be in the scatter file . For mtk the best option is to use mtkdroidtools to make backup and dump the system and other info ...fastboot is a powerful tool but spflashtools and mtkdroidtools are specifically made to flash and manipulate mtk devices .

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote:

They should be in the scatter file . For mtk the best option is to use mtkdroidtools to make backup and dump the system and other info ...fastboot is a powerful tool but spflashtools and mtkdroidtools are specifically made to flash and manipulate mtk devices .

Or if you are referring to the mac address and imei you can read it with mtkdroidtools ... If you do a full flash the wifi and bluetooth adresses should be there ...if they arent there is a modem problem ..but modem is included in a full flash ..for imei you can write it back or generate a new one ..

Its easy just google it

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2538273

How to backup and restore nvram and imei using mtkdroidtools
6th September 2017, 02:25 AM |#485  

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Or if you are referring to the mac address and imei you can read it with mtkdroidtools ... If you do a full flash the wifi and bluetooth adresses should be there ...if they arent there is a modem problem ..but modem is included in a full flash ..for imei you can write it back or generate a new one ..

Its easy just google it

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Thank you KevMetal for all your help, as soon as possible I'll apply your advices
7th September 2017, 08:44 PM |#486  

More
Quote:

Its easy just google it

Hi, there is something that I still can't get, absolutely all tutorials that I see (unless I didn't read well and enough) says "the phone must be with developer option enabled" but my tablet doesn't pass the logo, I can only get to fastboot so I don't know how to backup the IMEI/NVRAM folder with mtkdroidtools if the tablet doesn't run the OS. I don't know if flashing it with the files that I have will be a good or bad idea since the files that I found to flash the tablet doesn't have the nvram.img (I think may be if I don't check it the same nvram img wil still the same in the tablet and then is no problem).

NOTE: The backup that I have is for this model of tablet but it isn't the backup of this tablet.
7th September 2017, 09:21 PM |#487  
Flag Girona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi, there is something that I still can't get, absolutely all tutorials that I see (unless I didn't read well and enough) says "the phone must be with developer option enabled" but my tablet doesn't pass the logo, I can only get to fastboot so I don't know how to backup the IMEI/NVRAM folder with mtkdroidtools if the tablet doesn't run the OS. I don't know if flashing it with the files that I have will be a good or bad idea since the files that I found to flash the tablet doesn't have the nvram.img (I think may be if I don't check it the same nvram img wil still the same in the tablet and then is no problem).

NOTE: The backup that I have is for this model of tablet but it isn't the backup of this tablet.

Usually you need to take a backup of your device before problems ...you need to download a stock from your device from a diferent source ...a complete stock rom zip will have a nvram.bin file that is to be flashed with sp flashtool . You are going round in circles ...

You can ask start a discussion asking fir somone with a booting device to dump their device and upload all the files for you .

If you are stuck in fastboot just try to flash the stock rom with nvram.bin unchecked or ask someone to upload one for you or download a FULL stock rom ..

Even if your device boots with a corrupted nvram you can fix it later ...if you flash only boot and recovery you might be able to boot to recovery and use twrp custom recovery to backup nvram

Personally I would just flash it ...if you only flash without formatting chances are your nvram wont get corrupted ( even it does you can go looking for a nvram.bin file )
8th September 2017, 09:01 PM |#488  

More
Quote:

Usually you need to take a backup of your device before problems ...you need to download a stock from your device from a diferent source ...a complete stock rom zip will have a nvram.bin file that is to be flashed with sp flashtool . You are going round in circles ...

You can ask start a discussion asking fir somone with a booting device to dump their device and upload all the files for you .

If you are stuck in fastboot just try to flash the stock rom with nvram.bin unchecked or ask someone to upload one for you or download a FULL stock rom ..

Even if your device boots with a corrupted nvram you can fix it later ...if you flash only boot and recovery you might be able to boot to recovery and use twrp custom recovery to backup nvram

Personally I would just flash it ...if you only flash without formatting chances are your nvram wont get corrupted ( even it does you can go looking for a nvram.bin file )

Thank you, I think I need a new thread, I've tried flashing several times but without success, it keeps giving me BROM errors FA8 with spflashtools 5.1628 and 4008 with version 5.1516.
8th September 2017, 11:44 PM |#489  
Flag Girona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you, I think I need a new thread, I've tried flashing several times but without success, it keeps giving me BROM errors FA8 with spflashtools 5.1628 and 4008 with version 5.1516.

Those errors FA8 is when your bootloader is failed ...4008 ...if partition table of your device and scatter is different

You can try to select format and upgrade option instead of download option to fix these errors but if you have the wrong stock rom you will brick your device worse

I am.starting to.think.you have the wrong stock rom zip ...try to download the stock rom.from.another source.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote:

Those errors FA8 is when your bootloader is failed ...4008 ...if partition table of your device and scatter is different

You can try to select format and upgrade option instead of download option to fix these errors but if you have the wrong stock rom you will brick your device worse

I am.starting to.think.you have the wrong stock rom zip ...try to download the stock rom.from.another source.

But yes this is the wrong thread
9th September 2017, 01:14 PM |#490  

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

But yes this is the wrong thread

Thank you, I've made another post, is:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...2#post73720352
9th October 2017, 10:07 PM |#491  
Flag San Salvador
Thanks Meter: 4

More
As i told you before, the problem is to boot into fastboot,
taken from this post (thread you linked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Now try typing
Code:

fastboot devices

...and nothing will happen, Why? because there isn't a device attached. Make sure you have android debugging turned on in your phone (not really needed for fastboot but you do need for ADB), plug it into your computer and boot into fastboot mode. On many phones hold volume down while powering on, if this wont bring you to bootloader mode then see your device specific forum, if we cant boot into fastboot we are not able even to try to unlock the bootloader

If you manage to get into fastboot you should try to check your device status

--LOCK BOOTLOADER
fastboot oem lock

--CHECK STATUS
fastboot oem device-info

--UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
fastboot oem unlock
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)