FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Light Manager Compatibility

1,268 posts
Thanks Meter: 913

By mckoo, Senior Member on 16th May 2013, 03:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am the developer of Light Manager. It is an app to configure notification LED color and its flashing frequency for different notification types. Quite a number of people reported that it is not working properly on Samsung Galaxy S 4, however at the same time there are people reported it is working perfectly. I am confused since currently I do not have a device to test.

So I created this thread to gather more comments about Light Manager on Samsung Galaxy S4. If things go serious, I would consider getting a S4 device for testing. I would like to make it compatible with S4.

For more information, you may go to the original thread at Samsung Galaxy S IIII section at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1735331
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to mckoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mckoo Ad-Free

16th May 2013, 05:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Works ok for me (i9590, rooted stock) except for Aquamail notifications.
16th May 2013, 06:27 AM |#3  
Flag 13.09°N 80.27°E
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Using it for missed calls and SMS , works fine
16th May 2013, 07:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Using it only for SMS, calls and battery states and works fine. Only sometimes when I plug the charger, "stock" LED indication appears instead of Light manager indication...Very randomly. Im on stock MDM firmware with kernel 3.4.0-526204 if it helps.
16th May 2013, 11:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Alternative mode is working fine on my GS4 but it would nice to have a little break before swiching color between to different notifications.
example: green green green break break blue blue blue ecc...
16th May 2013, 03:23 PM |#6  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 2,294

More
Working fine for me too.
16th May 2013, 04:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Another thing that isn't working (also on GS3) is the battery pergentage setting when the led should start to blink to aller that the battery level is low. Also if I set 5%, the led starts blinking on 15%.
16th May 2013, 09:50 PM |#8  
Flag Mohammedia/Casablanca
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Using it for missed calls and SMS; works fine. But doesn't work with whatsapp!!

Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 16Gb..
17th May 2013, 03:00 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kultus

Using it only for SMS, calls and battery states and works fine. Only sometimes when I plug the charger, "stock" LED indication appears instead of Light manager indication...Very randomly. Im on stock MDM firmware with kernel 3.4.0-526204 if it helps.

The best way is to turn off "stock" LED indicator for battery in your phone settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to mckoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mckoo Ad-Free
17th May 2013, 03:07 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyDip

Another thing that isn't working (also on GS3) is the battery pergentage setting when the led should start to blink to aller that the battery level is low. Also if I set 5%, the led starts blinking on 15%.

Yeah, this is a bug on the current version. It will be fixed on the next update.
17th May 2013, 03:09 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabmed

Using it for missed calls and SMS; works fine. But doesn't work with whatsapp!!

Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 16Gb..

After you have granted root permission, remember to click "Restart light manager". For whatsapp, you need to turn off the notification LED in whatsapp settings as well. Let me know if it is not working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)