FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[new themes] stock jelly bean vanilla and kitkat themes (and more!)

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 113

By antonio.talamo, Member on 16th May 2013, 03:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello to everybody!!!

Finally the mod is complete!!!

A true new vanilla (holo stock) style theme is ready and can be installed on our device like a simple application!!!
No root required, no change in system directory, no strange operation to do! just install the APK in attachment.

You will have a new theme in the list, it is similar to stock JB theme.

It is for Italian version (E975) but it should works on other versions too! (please send feedback about)

Enjoy!!!!! and hello to everybody!!!!

I will be happy to receive feedback.

P.S. I found that is possible to make and install how much theme we want on our phone! LG rules this time!

EDIT

in the next pages you can found and download other very nice themes created by Syhon! (iphone,xperia Z, sense 5 and many more)
thanks to Syhon

EDIT 2

in attachment kit kat theme by me!!! I hope you enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip VanillaTheme.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.66 MB, 12522 views)
File Type: apk KitkatTheme.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.79 MB, 11451 views)
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to antonio.talamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antonio.talamo Ad-Free

16th May 2013, 03:34 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up pictures!!!!!
here some screen shoot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-05-19-47-00.jpg
Views:	14345
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	2019705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-05-20-07-10.jpg
Views:	13872
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	2019707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-05-16-14-01-25.jpg
Views:	12397
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	2019709   Click image for larger version

Name:	lg_homescreen_preview_menu.jpg
Views:	7163
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	2387954   Click image for larger version

Name:	lg_homescreen_preview_work.jpg
Views:	6844
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	2387955  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to antonio.talamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antonio.talamo Ad-Free
17th May 2013, 02:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Good job!

Can´t you just name differently? I.e "LGHome3_Theme_Holo".
What tools do you use to compile and recompile?

BR Robert
17th May 2013, 08:50 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasdad

Good job!

Can´t you just name differently? I.e "LGHome3_Theme_Holo".
What tools do you use to compile and recompile?

BR Robert

Hello,
simply APK tool. I've tried to rename it (not only the pack, but decompiling and re-compiling the entire smali content) but then, it was not recognized by the launcher. Now I'm full of work and I can't spent time on this. maybe in the next week I can attempt to make a better mod.

Anyway, without tool, you can just substitute icon you want in APK file with winrar

bye
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antonio.talamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antonio.talamo Ad-Free
18th May 2013, 05:06 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I threw in a bunch of new icons in "drawable-xhdpi" with winrar and then pushed the apk back to system but it didnt work so i guess i have to rename all icons to corresponding original names if i want it to work Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
22nd May 2013, 09:33 AM |#6  
Flag Świdnica
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Ok. So here are my conclusions:

- It looks great and it is the best thing you can install on your optimus g

- You used odexed file so it need corresponding .odex file which probably means that you cannot change name without: a) deodexing or b) using correct .odex file.

- You used icons with too small resolution so they are not looking so good as they should be
22nd May 2013, 10:18 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by than33

Ok. So here are my conclusions:

- It looks great and it is the best thing you can install on your optimus g

- You used odexed file so it need corresponding .odex file which probably means that you cannot change name without: a) deodexing or b) using correct .odex file.

- You used icons with too small resolution so they are not looking so good as they should be

Yes you are right! mine is just an idea to implement. I will try to deodex the file, modify it and to make a copy as a new theme. If it will work, for sure a better theme can be done, But now I don't wont to spent time on one of the stock theme (as the mode work now), just becouse I dont wont to corrupt any file in system directory to avoid problem with future update

next week for sure I will have much time to implement it. If someone could help I will be very gratefull
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antonio.talamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antonio.talamo Ad-Free
3rd June 2013, 11:47 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio.talamo

Hello to everybody!!! this is my first mod for this phone. I've modified stock biz theme to trasform it on a stock JB holo theme

You need a root devices. Just copy the attached file in system/app folder and replace the original biz theme apk. (remember to make a backup before!!!!!!)

Please be sure to assign RW-R-R permission. Then restart device!!!

It is for Italian version (E975) I don't know if works on other versions

I've no much time, so I will be really greatfull if someone can found a way to create new theme without overwrite existing ones.
Theme can have some imperfections, for example app drawer in landscape is not modified. Please consider this a beta.

byeeeee

(there are 4 zip file in attachment due to upload limitation, download every file and extract all of them on the same folder. Then extract only the .zip file (contained in the first attachment) to obtain the APK )

ive already download all files>>extracted( Z01,Z02 n Z03 + zip file)..but when i try to extract zip file an error occur..(extract via 7zip)
5th June 2013, 07:40 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamba9551

ive already download all files>>extracted( Z01,Z02 n Z03 + zip file)..but when i try to extract zip file an error occur..(extract via 7zip)

Hello, i've tryied again and the files in attachment still works. First step is to extract all the files in the same folder. Then you will have 1 zip and 3 other file. Now just extract the zip one (I've used win zip).

Anyway... In the next hours i will post the new version! So you can simply wait

In the new version you don't have to substitute a stock theme... But you have just to copy the apk in system folder to have a all new vanilla extra theme! coming very soon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to antonio.talamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antonio.talamo Ad-Free
5th June 2013, 10:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio.talamo

Hello, i've tryied again and the files in attachment still works. First step is to extract all the files in the same folder. Then you will have 1 zip and 3 other file. Now just extract the zip one (I've used win zip).

Anyway... In the next hours i will post the new version! So you can simply wait

In the new version you don't have to substitute a stock theme... But you have just to copy the apk in system folder to have a all new vanilla extra theme! coming very soon!

Good to hear that.. Can't wait to try.. Tq

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium
5th June 2013, 10:38 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamba9551

Good to hear that.. Can't wait to try.. Tq

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

so...try I've updated the post please read up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mod, stock, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)