FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Couldn't Import Vcard.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By apkreview4u, Junior Member on 16th May 2013, 10:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys,
I just flashed the MIUI expresion Rom on my G fit.I am trying to get my contacts back.But when i open the .vcf file it says it couldn't import vcard?,.What must be the problem?..Any solution
PLease help.

17th May 2013, 04:10 AM |#2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3,857

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apkreview4u

Hey Guys,
I just flashed the MIUI expresion Rom on my G fit.I am trying to get my contacts back.But when i open the .vcf file it says it couldn't import vcard?,.What must be the problem?..Any solution
PLease help.

Go in contacts>settings(press menu button)>click import from sd card. It should automatically select the vcard. If you have two v cards then select the latest.
If still the problem persist trying flashing another rom. or reflash it again

Edit : Keep your contacts synced with google account, you wont get such problems henceforth.
17th May 2013, 11:00 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Akola
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit02

Go in contacts>settings(press menu button)>click import from sd card. It should automatically select the vcard. If you have two v cards then select the latest.
If still the problem persist trying flashing another rom. or reflash it again

Edit : Keep your contacts synced with google account, you wont get such problems henceforth.

I tried that but it says Couldn't Import vcard The format is not supported.I'llt try flashing it again.
11th June 2014, 09:23 AM |#4  
Flag Munich - Germany
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apkreview4u

Hey Guys,
PLease help.

I'm on MIUI V5 and now suddenly I cannot import my vCard files anymore - <Couldn't import vCard.> With a previous of MIUI it always worked without problems. Yesterday I spent quite some time trying to figure it out and I suspect that Android 4.2.2 has some incompatibility issues with vCard format 3.0. As far as I could test if one uses VCF files in format 2.1 or earlier the MIUI import would complete successfully. My problem right now is that all my vCards are in format 3.0 and so far I couldn't find any converter software that can downgrade them for me without data loss

I really need this feature because I want to keep all my contacts only locally and not synched to any Cloud service. Did you get any far with your problem? Any information you'd like to share?
12th June 2014, 09:52 AM |#5  
Flag Munich - Germany
Thanks Meter: 49

More
UPDATE: I spent again a lot of time playing with my vCard 3.0 files yesterday and I finally found a way to format them in a way that MIUI accepts them as contact imports without errors. By using a text editor - UltraEdit, and some simple JavaScript scripts to batch process all my 434 contact entries I basically made the following 4 adjustments:
- Remove all unnecessary entries included by my proprietary contact application - Lotus Notes
- Include a line breaks before the "PHOTO" line
- Remove all line breaks that occurred when a entry value was too long and broken into multiple lines
- Remove all semi-colons in the "ADR" line

I hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to LeBoy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LeBoy Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 07:15 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Here is the best solution for Importing VCF Files with the help of Softaken Vcard Importer Tool. This software safely converts all Multiple VCF files into OutlookPST. This tool allows Import Vcard Files easily without any interruptions. I hope you will really like the tool due to its instant result providing facility and reliability.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)