FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Hisense Sero 7 Pro Rooting

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By RemmyLee, Junior Member on 18th May 2013, 07:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Automatic Root, Fully functional ClockWorkMod image, and plethora of other awesome stuff here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297246
Thank you xboxexpert for all your hard work!

Step 1. Plug the device in to your computer and uninstall any drivers that may load.

Step 2. Download and update the Android SDK, including the USB Driver or try the PDANet drivers.

Step 3. Add the following line to adb_usb.ini found in your user directory in the .android folder (e.g. C:\Users\YourName\.android\):
Code:
0x109b
If the file does not exist, simply create it. This may require a reboot

Step 4. Load up ADB and check connectivity through the following command:
Code:
adb devices
Step 5. If everything reported correctly in the previous step, run Motochop.

Root directions
Thanks go out to tharien and ATGAdmin for figuring it out!

clockworkmod image - be sure to read the thread!
Thanks go out to pacman366!

The First Custom Rom!
by ATGAdmin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vb.jpg
Views:	3198
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1991647   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0015.jpg
Views:	3581
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1991652   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0022.jpg
Views:	3390
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1991653   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0004 copy.jpg
Views:	3354
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1991654  
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RemmyLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RemmyLee Ad-Free

24th May 2013, 02:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Looks like you were one of the lucky few who were able to purchase this little gem early. Congrats on that. I picked mine up today and I must say that it is probably the best $150 I've spent in a very long time. It's the happiest I've been with a gadget purchase since scoring a BNIB 32GB HP TouchPad for $99 during the firesale. With that said, I hope to see more people coming to the forum with interest in the device. We can only speculate, but I would imagine this low-price and feature rich tablet will get the attention of at least a few developers and we'll get more info then. As for what I have been able to obtain, I'm stuck at the same roadblock as you. I'm bumping this thread for further interest.
24th May 2013, 02:37 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I agree. Best spent $150 in a long while. Seems just as fast as my gs4.
Only cons are the screen and bulk, but for the price its a steal!!!
Hopefully it gets support for updates from hisense or the great xda devs start playing with this beast.

Root for this is needed, stat !!!
24th May 2013, 06:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I'm thinking to sell my Nexus 7 16gb and get this since it has the hdmi and microsd slot.

I'm sure XDA guys will make this device a beast, right?
24th May 2013, 02:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Will be interested in seeing is some deva pick this up as my main concern would be support.

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2
24th May 2013, 02:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst

Will be interested in seeing is some deva pick this up as my main concern would be support.

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

I just picked one of these up on the way to work this morning. It is sitting on my desk charging as I am trying to get some work out of the way before I turn it on. I will be replacing a Kindle with this and just from eyeballing it my Kindle Seido case may be a perfect fit. I will test it tonight. It also appears that a Kindle screen protector will work for it as well. I would guess the Nexus 7 or other 7" protectors will work also, but I can use a ruler and verify the Kindle one since I already have that device.
24th May 2013, 03:08 PM |#7  
Flag indianapolis<IN
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Have you tried using the motochopper tool from djrbliss?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2233852

I would start with trying the root exploits that work on the Nexus 7 (Similar chip set?) and Android 4.2.

I don't have this tablet, so I have not tested to see if this does in fact work.
24th May 2013, 03:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Random question, since this is the only thread about the Sero 7 Pro I've found.
How are the speakers? I have a Kindle Fire HD and I am pondering about the switch...
Also, can this support 64GB microSDs?

Also, I've heard reports of flawed Sero Pros popping up.
Does anyone have any firsthand experiences with how this tablet's holding up?

Thanks in advance!
24th May 2013, 03:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstyle00

Random question, since this is the only thread about the Sero 7 Pro I've found.
How are the speakers? I have a Kindle Fire HD and I am pondering about the switch...

Also, I've heard reports of flawed Sero Pros popping up.
Does anyone have any firsthand experiences with how this tablet's holding up?

Thanks in advance!

The speakers a actually pretty loud. I was watching movies on it last night and was satisfied with the sound.

I saw some random comments (in the comments section) on various articles about this tablet but they all seem to be written by the same person based on the writing style and content.

Mine is holding up great. No issues at all and is as enjoyable as using my galaxy s4 but with a bigger screen. I'm testing out the battery today to see how long she lasts. If she lasts me the whole day of heavy use, she's a keeper.
24th May 2013, 03:21 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguin4

The speakers a actually pretty loud. I was watching movies on it last night and was satisfied with the sound.

I saw some random comments (in the comments section) on various articles about this tablet but they all seem to be written by the same person based on the writing style and content.

Mine is holding up great. No issues at all and is as enjoyable as using my galaxy s4 but with a bigger screen. I'm testing out the battery today to see how long she lasts. If she lasts me the whole day of heavy use, she's a keeper.

How's the memory card compatibility?
64GB MicroSDs?
24th May 2013, 05:00 PM |#11  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Add me to the list of buyers! Just got this about an hr ago. This is my 1st tablet and I must say this thing is nice. 15 days to decide to keep it or not. What root access.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)