[mod] Get rid of qslides in notification

3,696 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,814

By madmack, Senior Member on 18th May 2013, 02:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, this is a fairly advanced topic, I'm not providing a nice little cwm file for you to "apply" or "revert" so you gotta know what you're doing. Namely, you'll need to know how to type some commands via adb and be rooted.

I'm providing two CWM files that you can flash over odexed or deodexed LG Optimus G Pro ROMs. Simply put these in your sdcard, use the 2nd init recovery to reboot into recovery, then apply and reboot.

Props to mateo1111 and lv4n35. I used their contribution for "pointers"

Enjoy your reclaimed notification slide down real estate.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hide_qslides.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.04 MB, 1718 views)
File Type: zip show_qslides.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.04 MB, 880 views)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free
18th May 2013, 03:56 PM |#2  
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 739

More
worked great, thanks!

i think i already asked but could you look into removing the at&t text from the statusbar? also making all the text color holo blue? i believe all of this is in the systemUI.
19th May 2013, 12:42 AM |#3  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Worked on mine as well. Thanks for putting this together!
19th May 2013, 12:49 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

worked great, thanks!

i think i already asked but could you look into removing the at&t text from the statusbar? also making all the text color holo blue? i believe all of this is in the systemUI.

I have no interest in these man time is scarce here nowadays. sorry!
19th May 2013, 02:22 PM |#5  
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 398

More
Wish there was a better way to do this.
19th May 2013, 04:10 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle0095

Wish there was a better way to do this.

once and if we get the bootloader unlocked, then it would make sense to provide cwm files that you can apply and revert easily. if someone packages this file in a cwm file in the meantime that you can flash via 2nd init, then I'll post it in the OP.

Edit: found the time to push two cwm files in the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 12:54 AM |#7  
Flag Nowheresville, NJ
Thanks Meter: 622

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

once and if we get the bootloader unlocked, then it would make sense to provide cwm files that you can apply and revert easily. if someone packages this file in a cwm file in the meantime that you can flash via 2nd init, then I'll post it in the OP.

I pushed the modified .apk to /system/app using Root Browser. So far so good and QSlides are history. I renamed LGSystemUI.apk to LGSystemUI.bak, pasted in the modified version, set the permissions to RWRR and rebooted.
20th May 2013, 04:33 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfeuss

I pushed the modified .apk to /system/app using Root Browser. So far so good and QSlides are history. I renamed LGSystemUI.apk to LGSystemUI.bak, pasted in the modified version, set the permissions to RWRR and rebooted.

Hi Noob Here ...let me get this straight ..u renamed the LGSystemUI.apk to LGSystemUI.bak which was already on the phone and then u pasted the apk which the OP posted and then set the permission to RWRR and rebooted ..Right...
20th May 2013, 04:39 PM |#9  
Flag Nowheresville, NJ
Thanks Meter: 622

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teardrop45

Hi Noob Here ...let me get this straight ..u renamed the LGSystemUI.apk to LGSystemUI.bak which was already on the phone and then u pasted the apk which the OP posted and then set the permission to RWRR and rebooted ..Right...

Correct. You have to be rooted and be using a root-level file explorer. (I like Root Browser Lite by JRummy Apps)

EDIT: This is what the permissions page should look like.

20th May 2013, 04:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thanks...yes im rooted but i have the korean version..F240K ...wat luck i remembered the op mentioned its only for AT&T ..
20th May 2013, 05:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
worked perfectly, QSlides are now gone from my notification screen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)